• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Tearful Goodbye to a Special Creature...Although We Never Met :'( (not a rabbit)

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
I've rarely cried as I have this morning, tears of sadness, but relief also.
I have been informed by my birthdad who lives in Hawaii that the white bengal tiger, Namaste, who lived in Hilo at their local zoo, was helped across the Bridge on the 16th of January as he had sadly been in failing health for many months. He was 15. His informal memorial will be tomorrow. (Feb 1)
My dad and step mom were part of Friends of the Pana'ewa zoo and took a few of the photos featured on his eulogy. Although I never got to see him in person I felt I knew him from the news I'd receive from them. His birthday was not far from my own and I have always loved the great cats. He was a magnificent creature who got an off start in life but was cared for and loved by so many. I will miss him but I know he is in a better place and free and wild again as he always should have been.

Aloha, Namaste. Bound free in the beautiful jungles of Paradise. Until we at last meet, dear one. xxxx

http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/news/community/namaste-look-back-life-tiger-paradise

Back