• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

5am wake up call

AJT

Young Bun
For the past two mornings at 5am. Yes that's 5am, my free roaming house bunny has decided it's time to wake the house up, by running around the living room like a loon, then running up stairs (which he has only just recently worked out how to go up and down), then proceeding to run round each room upstairs and as he goes doing a binky across the landing!!!!!!!:lol:and then finally flopping on the landing. Apart from the stairs and landing all wooden floors, so he is very noisy. It's a good job we love him to bits. :love: but I wish he could tell the time and do it an hour later.

Unfortunately as soon as its sun rise, bunnies are quite active!!

But I know exactly what you mean, one of my previous bunnies was completely free roaming, before now she would jump on our bed in the early hours, we would settle her back on the floor and come 4.30 -5.30 she too would go racing Round, but we live in a bungalow so she would also fly from one room to another! Haha!

I went through a stage of feeding her breakfast then and she would settle down for another couple of hours. But she would always sleep under our bed! And each night come 10ish, she would just sit looking at us and hint she wanted to go to bed! :lol:

But life just isn't the same without them, so every minute of them making you happy and smile is worth it xxx

My bunnies, sadly at the bridge now, would jump on my head around 4 in the morning, and only leave me alone when I threw a handful of Science selective onto the carpet. I kept a bag of it in bed with me all ready so I didn't even need to open my eyes.

For the past two mornings at 5am. Yes that's 5am, my free roaming house bunny has decided it's time to wake the house up, by running around the living room like a loon, then running up stairs (which he has only just recently worked out how to go up and down), then proceeding to run round each room upstairs and as he goes doing a binky across the landing!!!!!!!:lol:and then finally flopping on the landing. Apart from the stairs and landing all wooden floors, so he is very noisy. It's a good job we love him to bits. :love: but I wish he could tell the time and do it an hour later.

Yes, I sympathise :lol:

I sleep above a 'loon' who runs around the living room, on the sofa and everywhere, and each morning I put back all the stuff he's knocked onto the floor :shock:

I used to have a rabbit share my bed. He always woke me up cleaning himself all night long :lol:

Welcome to the wonderful world of rabbits :wave:

My bridge buns Rosie and Bobby used to race upstairs at 5/6am every morning to our bedroom, if the door was closed they would scratch at it until we opened it! Xx

My bunnies, sadly at the bridge now, would jump on my head around 4 in the morning, and only leave me alone when I threw a handful of Science selective onto the carpet. I kept a bag of it in bed with me all ready so I didn't even need to open my eyes.

This is utterly brilliant!

I want house rabbits now. Dont think the dogs would like it though!

Ours will bite the edge of the door if it is closed! So naughty. Normally they only do it at weekends if we've had a lie in and their breakfast is late :lol: But this morning they started scrabbling around just a few mins before the alarm went off. OH was terrified he'd slept in as it was very early for them!

Back