• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2023 and the Rabbit Welfare Crisis Just Gets Worse

InspectorMorse

Wise Old Thumper
:cry:

S65bphq.jpg

Full details of yet more dumped Rabbits rescued by a dog walker and taken in by the RSPCA.

https://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2...lL96fUtARzKfcSKBt3ggl6uEBjvuMNOiJOqWHXju9zLXk

:cry:

Poor bunnies :(

That pic just shows how quickly they can go downhill after being dumped in the wild. It's good to read how quickly the RSPCA responded. I hope they all make a full recovery and go to super new homes.

Poor bunnies :(

That pic just shows how quickly they can go downhill after being dumped in the wild. It's good to read how quickly the RSPCA responded. I hope they all make a full recovery and go to super new homes.

Yes, domestic Rabbits lose condition very quickly if released into the wild. They really don’t stand a chance of survival. It’s such a sad situation and it would seem it is just getting worse.

I know ARC often take in Rabbits from the RSPCA if the RSPCA cannot accommodate them. Hopefully there will be similar arrangements local to this particular RSPCA rescue.

Poor bunnies, but at least they're now getting the care they deserve. From the extent of their health issues, it sounds like they were being neglected long before they were dumped tbh. :(

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Yes, sadly it is becoming more and more common these days :cry: Rescues are drowning in a never ending amount of Rabbits in need.
Here our SPCA gets a huge number of cats and kittens every year. Though they also had an increase in surrenders of rabbits and other pets that were acquired during the first covid shutdown.

Ahh here I follow the rabbits coming to the shelters online and I am really sad, they throw the rabbits on the streets even in the garbage containers to leave them to die. :(

It breaks my heart to see these poor bunnies and the way they are treated. My sister lives in canada and her daughter works in a vets and she posted today on her FB that a beautiful black & white marked bun (like Bertie) was handed in and unless they find a loving home they will euthanise the rabbit. That really annoys and upsets me - the rabbit deserves to live a life - it's done nothing wrong.
CRaig x

Back