• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. S

bunny going on a diet...

Hi guys, My eldest bun is one and a half, and while she isn't horrifically over weight, her dewlap is not getting any smaller and so i want to cut down on the amount of food she has and have started getting her to run around more. I have been giving her smallish handfuls of pellets morning...
  2. S

after a buck has been neutered...

...how long do I need to wait before i let him in with my spayed female? No risk of pregnacy i just don't want him to get hurt. He was neutered a week ago tomorrow. Thankyou! x :wave:
  3. S

pets at home sawdust...

Hi peeps, does anyone have any idea what wood pets@home sawdust is made from? Have checked the packaging and there is no indication ANYWHERE on it of what wood it's made of. This is concerning me! I have stopped using it since learning of the risks of wood chippings on here, but now my partner...
  4. S

AAARRRGGHH!!! rabbit wee EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!

I am having big probs with my little male rabbit in that he is spraying EVERYWHERE! My hallway is a mess! Now i am not being stupis cuz i understand he is an unaltered buck and that is what they do and i am trying to get him in to be neutered asap BUT he has a massive infection in his leg and is...
  5. S

Moisturising a Rabbit, can it be done?!!

My little bunny Mike has got a bad leg at the mo. The Vet and I have come to the conclusion that he got bitten on the leg in his previous home, and it has got infected and now the infection has got really bad. Basically, he can't put weight on his front leg, it has gone into a huge hard lump...
  6. S

Getting my bunny to take metacam.

Having a hard time with Mike at the mo...he has a really bad (massive) infection in the soft tissue of his front leg and is on antibiotics. The vet has given me Metacam for pain relief for him, told me to put four drops on his food a day. I just put some on a little bit of fruit for him and he...
  7. S

pineapple juice...

i have read this is good for blockages. Obviously reg. brushing is main prevention but would you give a bun some pineapple juice regularly for prevention? Or is it used mainly as a method of unblocking once a blockage has occured? I am thinking prevention is better than dealing with the actual...
  8. S

ultimate snuggle bun!!!

:D well i am led here watching a film and my big softy bun miffy is snuggled into my armpit having a head/ear stroke and then licking me on the face. I am having to type with one hand! I love my soppy snuggly bun :):D:):D:):D
  9. S

My new bunny boy Mike!

Isn't he sweet?! I am worried about him as i think he has an abscess on his leg :( Am taking him to the vets in the morn. The home I got him from told me that he is about 8 months old...but i think younger. Also any ideas what breed he is? I love him so much and I've only had him 3 days :oops::D
  10. S

Could it be an abscess?

Help! My newly adopted bunny has been holding his front leg up the past day...He is eating, drinking, pooping and weeing as normal, and he is still happy to move around alot except holding his leg up. He doesn't seem to be in any pain. This is confusing me greatly, i picked him up to examine...
  11. S

Buck Behaviour!

Hello everyone! I am back again for advice on my new buck. I have never had one before, so the behaviour he is displaying is, to be honest, coming as a little bit of a shock! I needsome help to decide whether it is normal, what i can do to stop it! Basically, i am bonding him with my female...
  12. S

Cost of neutering?

Hi! I have only had does before and have just rescued a little chappie who is in need of de-plumming! I was hoping to try and get a rough idea of the cost of neutering. Was going to call the vets but they close early on a sat. x :wave:
  13. S

matted fur...

hi, i got a new bun yesterday, a partner for millie! i got him from a rescue and took millie with me so she could choose her husbun. Well the one she choose is a young fellow and he literally came into the rescue the evening before. His previous owners had a male an female both unaltered that...
  14. S

Depressed bunny?

I am a bit worried about my black bun, Millie (1 yr old). The other one, Miffy (15month old), is much more of a people rabbit, and so comes to me and my partner for fuss and attention. Millie is much more nervous about people and prefers to choose when she gets attention. They are both females...
  15. S

Bunny kisses

This is a pic of my bunny giving my head a lick; I found this very funny! I don't normally get kisses, my boyfriend is her favourite. Does anyone else get bunny kisses?
  16. S

What type of bunny am i?!!

Hi! This is my bunny Millie and i was told when i got her that she was a cross breed! But i am interested in your opinions of what she could have in her? She is all black with one white front foot and she has a whitey/silvery fleking through her fur in some places on her body... Any ideas?
  17. S

Hello!!!

Hello everyone, I am another new addition to the forum! I have two buns, both girls, Miffy is a fawn Dwarf Lop and Millie is a black...well I am not entirely sure! I was told a cross breed but i think she looks a bit like a dutch but also a silver (she has the coat of a silver)! Nice to meet...
  18. S

Help! Advice needed on bonding buns!

Hello! I am here to seek advice on bonding my bunnies as the advice all over the web (although abundant) is a littel too broad and doesn't help me! Here is the background. In Jan 07 I got my first bunny, she is a dwarf lop called Miffy and is the first rabbit i have ever owned. 5 months later...
Back