• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Hugo's There

Vets Now OOH

I know a lot of people have negative views about them but I just wanted to share how brilliant they were with us last night. Arthur suddenly became ill at 10pm last night. By 11pm it became clear he couldn't wait until morning to see a vet. From the moment I rang vets now in Milton Keynes...
  2. Hugo's There

Salsify

Anyone know if it is bunny safe? It has gone to seed if that makes a difference. I'm guessing it is ok but wanted to double check. Thanks
  3. Hugo's There

Clem is now at peace

No words :(
  4. Hugo's There

Look who's home

😂 Clem came home this evening. He is really subdued but he was sedated this morning and has had a long journey. His breathing is noisy and he is still choking :( I'm really hoping this improves as he settles down. He also has subcutaneous emphysema from the hole in his neck so feels very weird...
  5. Hugo's There

Barney and Hallie have a new home.

It still needs painting and a lot more doing to it, but they are in and they love it :) it will be painted pale pink so it blends in with our "country cottage" type garden. I'll post more photos when it's all done. We have a second larger one to put up next but still not decided who gets to...
  6. Hugo's There

The bunny that's now worth around £6000........

Clem still has a lot of recovering to do but I thought it would be nice to celebrate how far he has come so far by sharing as some of my favourite photos taken last week. His current vet bill from the start of his illness is around £4000 not including today's big operation and hospitalisation...
  7. Hugo's There

Clem has had a tracheostomy, need vibes

:( Clem had surgery yesterday to remove the first abscess, along with three teeth. They then tried to access the second but couldn't. This morning he has so much swelling he can't breath so performed an emergency tracheostomy. I'm still waiting to hear if it's worked. If it hasn't he will be...
  8. Hugo's There

a diagnosis for Clem/ CT results are bad/ Updated with details

I haven't really done a thread about Clem's illness but I know many of you know how poorly he has been. Yesterday he went to a referral hospital and finally we know what's going on. So thought I would share in case it helps anyone else, although hopefully not something that happens regularly...
  9. Hugo's There

Great Western referrals/ very impressed!

Has anyone used them/ Neil Forbes recently? Thanks Not sure if this should be in health or not?
  10. Hugo's There

Blood glucose

Can anyone tell me where I can find info on blood glucose. More specifically the scale of when to suspect bloat, when to operate etc. I can see anything in the textbook of rabbit medicine although that isn't to say it's not there. Thanks
  11. Hugo's There

Urgent - bisolvon injectable

I've just found out that bisolvon injectable has been discontinued. This is the only thing that is pretty much stopping Clem from totally choking on his gunk. We have tried powder and it doesn't work as well. If anyone knows where our vet can get a couple of bottles or of a very similar...
  12. Hugo's There

It was rather cold last night.....

But Clem isn't stupid and found the warmest place in the house :) Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
  13. Hugo's There

Depocillin shortage

My vets have just told me that MSD now have a depocillin shortage! They have been trying to get me a bottle since before Christmas but with no luck :(
  14. Hugo's There

We always lose our most special rabbits at Christmas

:( Last year it was Taz and basil, the year before Tiffany and Elvis died two days apart, before that Trevor, Dave and Herman all died within Christmas week. This year we have lost Tristan. He became ill with his on going problems on Christmas day morning. Despite our best efforts and a brave...
  15. Hugo's There

This is why we aren't part of RU secret santa

We have chosen not to be part of the RU secret Santa for the past couple of years purely because we get such amazing support from our fb group. Their generosity every year always completely overwhelms us, so it would be unfair to take a share in another secret Santa. This evening I spent over...
  16. Hugo's There

Our little Moth isn't well

:( He's struggled with poor health the whole year he has been with us due to his terrible teeth causing repeated upper respiratory tract infections. But around a month ago we finally got him the best he has ever been and were able to stop all meds except pain relief. But yesterday he suddenly...
  17. Hugo's There

Giant's testicles.

I know giants mature slower than other rabbits but at what age should their plums appear? Clem is now 20 weeks and not a hint of anything. I thought there should be something by now but I have very little experience of young rabbits and none of young giants. Although tbh I'm quite happy he is...
  18. Hugo's There

Me and my very first rescue rabbit!

Found this photo while having a sort out. Sorry its not too clear but its a photo of the photo taken on my phone. The bunny was called Myfanwy and it was taken in 1999. I can assure you I haven't changed at all ;) Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
  19. Hugo's There

Best friends

:) Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
Back