• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Mia

Nutri rescue by small pet select?

Hello all. I've just come across a website called small pet select. I was impressed with a couple of the things on there. The Hair Buster comb and the nutri rescue range. It's the nutri rescue range I would esp like your opinion on. It comes in a large syringe like panacur does. Have any...
  2. Mia

beginnings of podermatitis/sore hocks

Hello My bunny Benny (who some of you may remember had cancer earlier in the year-all ok so far) - started to walk a bit strangely last Wed 3rd Oct. So I had a look and saw two deep pink spots on his hocks, "ok" I thought, maybe beginning of podermatitis and I took him to vets. He's been given...
  3. Mia

URGENT vet has found a large lump on my Benny....U/D IT'S CANCER.

Hi everyone, I am hoping your wealth of knowledge will help me. We found a large (half ping pong size) a little bit cauliflower looking lump on Benny Jr.'s rump, near back leg. We were desperately hoping it was an abscess as his brother has been doing alot of spring fever humping (they are...
  4. Mia

Humping had stopped for months, but suddenly at it again??

Hello everyone My two nearly two year old brothers were neutered ages ago, the dominant humping of one of the bucks in particular thankfully stopped after the hormones dissipated. However all of a sudden they have started again, at night it's more or less constant. It seems to have coincided...
  5. Mia

Coldsores and rabbits- I am very worried

Hi guys I am worried to death as I recently read that bunnies can catch our human cold sores. One of my boys often licks my face and I am so worried that there is a chance he could become infected. It is especially worrying as I have not seen any articles on treatment, just the discovery of the...
  6. Mia

They keep eating bird seed and it's driving me nuts!

Hello My beautifully naughty bunnies have supervised access to the whole garden in the summer, so they can run in and out. BUT.... They eat bird seed dropped from our bird table and I have tried everything to stop them by they love it. How bad is it for them? It's literally just seeds, no insects.
  7. Mia

strange website comes up instead of RU when using IE

Hi Just checking to see if anyone else experiencing this.... RU is bookmarked on my Internet Explorer and I go into it regularly however today I cannot access it on IE, it comes up with a website called 123?? It looks like some sort of domain site. I am currently viewing this via Google, in...
  8. Mia

Silver Birch to eat or not?

Hi I cant get a definitive answer on whether Silver Birch bark is safe or not for bunnies. Can anyone let me know for sure? Thanks
  9. Mia

Neutered, had stopped humping but now at it again - UPDATE - ADVICE PLEASE!

Hi I had my two boys (brothers) neutered around three months ago. Before the op Scootsy was pretty much incessantly humping his brother. After the op, it took a while to stop but luckily it did. Well, weirdly over the last two weeks it's almost the same level as it was pre-op. This is really...
  10. Mia

Dreamy Pets - Timothy Hay and Belgian Ryegrass

http://dreamypetproducts.co.uk/product-category/small-animals/bedding/ Anyone used these products? The timothy hay and ryegrass seems to be very good value. I would like to order soon (whilst I still have some money!) so any replies gratefully received.
  11. Mia

Has anyone heard of this/used it?? Missing Link

Hi Just doing a browse of the various pet sites and noticed this: http://www.missinglinkproducts.com/index.php/products/small-animal/product/11-ultimate-health-beauty-small-animal-formula This is the link for it on sale at Pet Planet...
  12. Mia

Super greedy baby buns

Hi all So I have now picked up my new baby rescues, and they are now 11 weeks old - beyond adorable and really well settled into house bunny life. The thing is they have the BIGGEST appetites I have ever experienced in bunnies. They are more or less constantly nagging for food, their diet...
  13. Mia

Verm X?

Hi everyone I have been doing a search on the internet for improving young bunnies gut flora, as I am taking on two new bunnies from a rescue in a couple of weeks. It will naturally be a stressful transition for them and I want to make sure I cut an GI or stress problems down. Anyway........ I...
  14. Mia

best cleaner for hutch

Hi all I am collecting our much anticipated new rescues soon and just wondered what cleaner can I use to clean out my hutches and baskets. I am very much and aware how delicate new buns are to a new environment so would like their rest and play areas as scrupulously clean as possible.
  15. Mia

Scampi eats everything he shouldn't!

Hi We live in a house which has a mini mature woodland at the bottom, with very large oak trees and pines, plus the usual Ivy tangled everywhere. This is right at the bottom and the rest of the garden is lawn. He doesn't all that often go down there. Although Scampi will happily munch on...
  16. Mia

Scampi loves to chase pigeons!

Hello everyone My bunny gets really excited, like a little puppy, if he sees birds - especially wood pigeons, out in the garden and he paces by the patio door until I let him out. He then binkys up the garden and chases them off. He then settles and waits for them to land and does it all over...
  17. Mia

Too many tummy aches/GI stasis

My bunny Scampi has a very good diet, lots and lots of hay, hay cakes (just made of hay!) a small amount of nuggets, and greens each day. Yet I have noticed he gets more tummy aches than he should. He is not moulting at the moment, so that cant be the cause. He is a house rabbit but has free...
  18. Mia

Poorly Snuffy, Vet doesnt know whats wrong, any advice please U/D Snuffy gone :(

Hi Snuffy is now eight and a half, he has never been ill, but on saturday was a bit depressed and shuddery. I put this down to his current heavy moult and a bit of a tummy ache, I treated him with fluids, metacam and syringe feeding. Normally Snuffy is better within hours but not this time. So...
  19. Mia

It took 5 years to bond, but we are there at last

Up until December, I had two bonded brothers and a single bun called Scampi-Doodle. Despite months and months of repeated and very varied ways of trying to bond them, Snuffy and Scampi hated each other. Miffy used to groom Scampi through the bars in the baby gate, and Scampi showed no signs of...
  20. Mia

quick response please - loxicom/metacam and the like

Hi Can anyone give me an idea if it is safe to use the above painkillers if they have been opened for longer than 6 months? It says do not use on the label, but one of my vets said its ok to use, but I am not sure. This is a query only, no panic!
Back