• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. The Duchess

Recommendations for a bunny savvy Vet PORTSMOUTH

One of my rescue clients has recently moved to Portsmouth and needs a good rabbit vet in the Portsmouth area of Hampshire if any of you can recommend one please? If you can give me the name of the vet you would use as well as the practice that would be amazing, thank you.
  2. The Duchess

MISSING RABBIT - Woosehill Area of Wokingham Berkshire

Just had a message via my rescue page on Facebook about a bunny that has gone missing this evening from his hutch in the Woosehill area of Wokingham. He is a mini lop and light tan/harlequin If you hear of a bunny being found please message me via therabbitcrossing@yahoo.co.uk or via my...
  3. The Duchess

Missing rabbit - derriford area near plymouth, devon

Friend of a friend has had their netherland dwarf escape from the hutch. Went missing on Tuesday and owner has been contacting vets locally and has tried the neighbours. Please can you share this link if on Facebook and on any missing pet groups/rabbit groups or are local/have friends that are...
  4. The Duchess

Pair of Rabbits Found Today 5th July - South Hill Park, Bracknell

Please keep your ears open for anybody on rabbit groups/facebook pages that has lost two bunnies. More information available to confirm ownership if needed. If on Facebook and local to the Bracknell area, please can you share this post...
  5. The Duchess

Holiday boarding - useful link

I'm hearing about some pretty poor places that people have either had their rabbits visit or that they have seen and decided against. This link from Action for Rabbits might help when choosing. http://actionforrabbits.co.uk/holiday%20boarding.html
  6. The Duchess

WARNING - Burgess Excel banana and papaya treats

Just wanted to make you aware that there are some boxes of the above treats that have locust bean in them. I was alerted to this when a client of mine arrived with a box for their bunny and when I opened it found that there was a fairly high percentage of the item in the box and it wasn't...
  7. The Duchess

Video of Bunny Binkies

So my lovely friend and fellow rabbit fanatic Rosie has just shared this video on my personal Facewbook timeline and I neeeeeeed to show all of you bunnyhuggers. You are going to love this. Pumpkin is a gorgeous and clearly very happy house bunny (who is now married to his lovely white wife...
  8. The Duchess

Don't breed or buy when rabbits in need still die

Please don’t breed or buy while rabbits needing rescuing or adoption die. Yes, they die - some quite literally as they aren't found rescue space in time, or maybe metaphorically - they die inside - just waiting for their chance of a home where they are loved and cared for as they deserve. In...
  9. The Duchess

Don't breed or buy when rabbits in need still die

Please don’t breed or buy while rabbits needing rescuing or adoption die. Yes, they die - some quite literally as they aren't found rescue space in time, or maybe metaphorically - they die inside - just waiting for their chance of a home where they are loved and cared for as they deserve. In...
  10. The Duchess

Anyone Heard from Green Leaf Rescue recently?

I've been speaking to someone via Facebook who wants to adopt and is not in my rehoming area. She has been looking around for some bunnies and had wanted one of my pairs (an agouti and a REW - now rehomed anyway) and spotted some on the Green Leaf page (Snowy and Tilly). I remember these bunnies...
  11. The Duchess

Pets at Home - Sick Rabbits

Doing a bit of research and compiling some statistics. Please can you tell me if you have had a rabbit that you either bought from Pets at Home or got from the Pets at Home adoption centre that developed illnesses either immediately or soon after purchase? Also if you took home a rabbit that...
  12. The Duchess

Anybody had experience or knowledge of 'Blue Fur' condition in rabbits?

One of my poorly new arrivals had to be rushed to the vets this morning after becoming ill during the previous day with what looked like infected skin to me. High reddening and some swelling. Described his condition to the vet before I took him out of his carrier and as soon as she saw him she...
  13. The Duchess

Boarding Bunnies and Cuteness Overload - Just had to share

Believe it or not these bunnies are not related. They were bonded by their mumma from two different sources. Anyway, I get the pleasure of their company for the Bank Holiday :-)
  14. The Duchess

Love is not enough

Following on from several recent welfare situations I've been involved with recently and a thread I've just read on here, I can't help thinking that some people just imagine that if they love their animals to the stars and back, then that's all that the rabbit needs, when in fact the rabbit...
  15. The Duchess

Spotting when your bunny is ill

This is a note from my Facebook rescue page which might be useful to some. https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-rabbit-crossing/spotting-when-your-bunny-is-ill/456752894368443 Spotting When Your Bunny Is Ill Rabbits are prey animals and are very similar to their wild cousins in behaviour...
  16. The Duchess

Are Rabbits for You?

A note from my Facebook rescue page https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-rabbit-crossing/are-bunnies-for-you/456752671035132 ARE RABBITS FOR YOU? There are many things to think about when considering giving a home to some rabbits. Can you commit to on average 6-12 years of rabbit care...
  17. The Duchess

Make a Wish 12:12 12:12:12

It'll never happen again, where consecutives line up in our time and date. So why not make a wish................I know what I'm wishing for
  18. The Duchess

Nebulising for a rabbit with Pnuemonia. Anyone any experience please?

As title I have a rescue bunny who I took from another rescue, his history is unknown to me. He showed symptoms of respiratory infection some weeks after having his neuter and then a few weeks later his combi vaccine. Vet believes most likely he was carrying infection or damage to his lungs...
  19. The Duchess

Anyone recommend good farm hay bale suppliers near Liphook, Hants

As title says (for someone about to adopt from TRC) thank you.
  20. The Duchess

Dunstable Rabbits (U/D NOW SAFE)

Have been asked to help with a situation today by someone in the Dunstable area of Beds. (strangely the RWAF gave my details for someone to contact despite me living in Surrey!! and them not supposed to have my rescue phone number on their lists) but now I have spoken the individual I am...
Back