• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. I

Looking for a new companion for my bunny, lots of questions!

My darling bunny Nuggette passed away last Friday leaving her partner Otis all on his own:cry:. He seems to be quite depressed without her and I'm wondering if it's worth getting another bun to keep him company. He's about 5 years old and a neutered standard rex, he's a very hefty bunny, not...
  2. I

Rabbit runs

Hi, now the sun is starting to show itself once more I've decided it's time to get a run for my bunnies who've been cooped up in their hutch during winter (except for playtime indoors). I'm just wondering if anyone has any reccommendations. I've eyed up two runs on ebay, which would be the best...
  3. I

Humping Dilema

In the past few days there's been a shift in behaviour with Nuggette and Otis. He's started humping her non stop, pulling fur out in the process. She was always dominant bunny and would usually sort him out with a sharp nip and a hump, now she just runs away or takes it looking intimidated...
  4. I

Hehe.. little rabbits!

Well now I'm back at my mum's I have another 5 rabbits to help look after, my two will be joining shortly once I've got a hutch sorted. They're so small compared to my two. I have standard rexes, and even though they're not fully grown they're huge compared to my mum's bunnies. I currently have...
  5. I

Where do you get your rabbit hutches?

I'm still struggling to find a decent outdoor hutch for my two. Fortunately my ex has agreed to keep them in the flat for a while longer so I have more time to organise accomadation. Whenever I look they're either too narrow or small, ridiculously expensive or flimsy quality. Ideally I want a...
  6. I

Bunny bath time

Well my two little terrors last night decided for whatever reason to wee on their lino floor instead of their litter box. They then both decided it was a good place to do a happy bunny flop. So I ended up with two bunnies soaked in smelly wee. Nice. Took them to have a quick shower thinking all...
  7. I

Pets at Home today

Popped into Pets at Home today and boy was it busy, everyone cooing over the bunnies, the staff were a bit overwhelmed. Though I was impressed by their attitude twards people wanting to buy easter bunnies. One lady wanted to buy one of the french lops ("giant house rabbits") and was complaining...
  8. I

Time

Any reason why when you set the time to GMT on the options it is an hour fast? I turned off DST and it was 2 hours fast. I now have to set it to GMT-1 with DST off to get the right time :? Somewhat confused about this.
  9. I

Confused bunny!

We had Otis neutered a few weeks ago and recently, bless him, he's got a little confused. He's lost all urges to hump things or try and woo me (such a relief) but is now trying to build a nest:lol: But he's not very good at it. Currently he's made a messy pile of hay and torn up vet bed and he...
  10. I

Rabbit Treats

Well I bought some "TREAT.UMs" which apparently help control cage odors. They have apple in them and don't seem too bad nutrition wise as the occassional treat. They were on special offer so I gave them a try. Well, my buns go bonkers for them. Just rustle the packet and within seconds you're...
  11. I

The Hay Experts?

Anyone else having trouble with their website, I just get an error message come up which won't go away whenever I try access the site. So I have to ctrl + alt + del to get rid of it. So annoying, I was thinking about placing an order too :(
  12. I

So tempted

To get a french lop. They're so gorgeous, and I'd love a big bunny. But I don't think I really have the room for another bun with my 2 rexes. I keep thinking "If I get rid of that piece of furniture I could extend the bunnies cage so it's big enough to add a frenchie" But I can't really do that...
  13. I

Otis and Nuggette

Thought I'd post a few new pics of my two. Otis has decided outside looks very interesting Nuggette tells him he's not a cat and to get away from the window :lol: Then goes to see what the fuss is all about Nuggette finds a present! Whoops, lost it... Rabbits hiding Grooming...
  14. I

Halls Seeds & Feeds

Just wondering if anyone on here has used them as I notice they sell smaller bags of Allen and Page for a reasonable price. http://hallsfeeds.com/page8.htm
  15. I

Bye bye plums

Otis is booked in to be de-plummed on Thursday. I'm really excited, I'm hoping it goes well and then in a few weeks he can live with his missus. He's currently sat looking at me as if to say "What's going on?" Little does he know.
  16. I

Suitable flooring for rexes

I've noticed my two rexes are starting to lose the fur on their hocks. I've heard of people using rubber matts, where would you get them from, I'm thinking of somewhere online ideally. I don't think it's the flooring in their cage that's the problem, it's the carpet in our lounge as it's very...
  17. I

Possible crisis x2

This morning when I went to feed the bunnies I discovered Nuggette had managed to make a very small gap in the divide between her and Otis and squeezed through. They were sat cuddled up together all lovely dovey. I separated them immediately and made a new divide and made sure it was 100% bunny...
  18. I

Attack of the teenage bunny!

My lovely rex Otis is now nearly 12 weeks old and has started to become a little trouble maker, his hormones have obviously gone haywire. His balls have just about dropped but are unfortunately still a bit on the small side for neutering, the vet said to wait another couple of weeks. Just...
  19. I

Maybe a long shot?

I was just wondering if there was anywhere people knew of in the north west that sold both allen and page pellets and megazorb? I can find plenty of places online that could deliver for not a too horendous price, and one place near manchester that sells A&P pellets. I live in the...
  20. I

Chirping and twittering

Whilst watching TV Otis jumped up onto my chair and decided to snuggle up next to me. But then he turned to face me and started quitely chirping and twittering like a bird. He then settled back down and watched TV with me. I'm used to chundering noises, clucking, humming, the odd squeak...
Back