• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. I

Looking for a new companion for my bunny, lots of questions!

Thanks for the replies, unfortunately the only bunnies near me are already bonded, the rest are all over 40 miles away, since I don't have a car (Just a motorbike - hardly appropriate bunny transport :lol:) that makes things a bit difficult. Plus I'm not sure if rescues would home check at such...
  2. I

Looking for a new companion for my bunny, lots of questions!

My darling bunny Nuggette passed away last Friday leaving her partner Otis all on his own:cry:. He seems to be quite depressed without her and I'm wondering if it's worth getting another bun to keep him company. He's about 5 years old and a neutered standard rex, he's a very hefty bunny, not...
  3. I

Rabbit runs

Thanks for the replies. I think Ill go for the 8ft one, shame it's an auction and not buy it now. I think I'll email the seller as I want it sooner rather than later.
  4. I

Rabbit runs

Hi, now the sun is starting to show itself once more I've decided it's time to get a run for my bunnies who've been cooped up in their hutch during winter (except for playtime indoors). I'm just wondering if anyone has any reccommendations. I've eyed up two runs on ebay, which would be the best...
  5. I

Humping Bunny!!

He will most likely continue humping until he's been fixed and possibly even for a short while after that. If he's ready to be neutered now then I'd get it done sooner rather than later as your girl bunny will not be best pleased with the constant humping.
  6. I

Humping Dilema

In the past few days there's been a shift in behaviour with Nuggette and Otis. He's started humping her non stop, pulling fur out in the process. She was always dominant bunny and would usually sort him out with a sharp nip and a hump, now she just runs away or takes it looking intimidated...
  7. I

Rabbit size guide/website

I always thought dutches were a similar size to dwarf lops (such a misleading name), so a medium sized bun. :?
  8. I

separation anxiety???

You seem to have a great solution there. I went through similar with my two, separated at 10/11 weeks old. At first Nuggette wasn't happy, kept doing her damned best to get through to Otis, but eventually she calmed down and concentrated on her own toys and neat tidy cage (his was a tip). Then...
  9. I

Lining a run

Part our garden we lined with bricks about a foot under the turf so the rabbits could dig but only so far. But with the portable runs we've attached chicken wire to the bottom so they can't dig out. Providing the grass is nice and long then you don't notice it and we haven't had any problems...
  10. I

Help needed, building new indoor cage with mesh storage cubes

I made a door from plywood (So I could paint their names on it) drilled hole in it and attached it with cable ties. Then to fatsen it I attached hook type contraptions on the door that hook into the bars of the cage.
  11. I

very fancy Playhouse £120 buy it now

Ooo, that's only an hour away from me. Though it would never fit in my micra :lol: or even the zafira and I doubt I could persuade my mum to hire a van and drive it (can't hire one myself as I'm still only 20, stupid age guidelines) Ah well, I'll stick with hutches as we don't really have room...
  12. I

Thistle Hall

I debated getting a thistle hall for my two, but for two standrad rexes I think it's a bit on the small side, plus in the shop it felt incredibly flimsy, but it could just have been a poorly constructed display one. :?
  13. I

Not Looking.......Not Looking........

Oh how adorable :love: Poor bunnies, least there's one less irresponsible breeder about:rolleyes:
  14. I

indoor rabbit

As the others have said give him plenty of toys as distractions and reward him for playing with the toys instead of destroying your house. Anything will do as a toy, cardboard boxes, old telephone directories, baby rattles, sticks, loo rolls, pine cones, grass mats, a big box full of shredded...
  15. I

12week old bunny

You can probably get him castrated sooner than 4-6 weeks. My Otis was done at 13 weeks, basically as soon as their balls drop they can be removed. As for getting another bunny. As said another buck and you could end up with fighting unless both are neutered. A female is risky as even though at...
  16. I

How easy is it to bond boys??

Bucks don't have to be young to be bonded (6 months is still young), as long as they're both neutered you have a fairly good chance. Of course some bunnies personalities clash so they'll never work together, but two fixed blokes of any age works well in my experience, girls can be much more of a...
  17. I

Hehe.. little rabbits!

I know, unfortunately no space on the computer to put photos on :( I still have 3GB of photos from New York sat on my CF card. Just have to wait till my laptop gets sorted. Just weighed Cookie, 1.5kg. Nuggette and Otis were around the 2.5kg last time I weighed them but that was a month ago and...
  18. I

Hehe.. little rabbits!

Well now I'm back at my mum's I have another 5 rabbits to help look after, my two will be joining shortly once I've got a hutch sorted. They're so small compared to my two. I have standard rexes, and even though they're not fully grown they're huge compared to my mum's bunnies. I currently have...
  19. I

cheaper neutering?

I paid £30 for Skid (male neuter), £41 I think for Otis (male neuter) and my vets quoted around £56 for Nuggette (female spay) but I may have to change vets given a change in circumstances, but the vets here charge the same and are very bunny savvy. Of course prices do vary depending on what...
  20. I

Where do you get your rabbit hutches?

Yeh, I'd been on their ebay shop but they didn't have anything suitable listed. But there's plenty on their website it would seem. If only I had the money for a 6 x 2 x 4ft hutch. I can always extend when I have time in the summer, too busy and too wet to build anything at the moment. I think...
Back