• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. A

F10 Application - Flystrike

Does anyone know the correct way to apply F10 as a flystrike preventative? I don't usually use it on my own bunnies as I prefer to avoid chemicals and if I had a poorly or immobile bunny I'd probably use Rearguard. However my foster pair coming in the weekend have known digestive issues and...
  2. A

Vaccine Reaction

Has anyone's bunny ever developed a mild limp post Eravac vaccine. Suzy has always had Filavac until today as my vets aren't doing vaccines. She was vaccinated at 12 and at 5pm I've noticed her front leg looks lazy. She is weight bearing and bombing around as normal. I ask as I've noticed it...
  3. A

Blood Glucose Monitor

Can anyone point me in the direction of the correct monitor I need. With many vets doing video consults I'd like to be able to give them as much info as possible if the worst happens. Thanks.
  4. A

Broken Leg

So my new addittion arrived Sat and things have not gone to plan. Little Oakley is beyond nervous, she is absolutely terrified. Unfortunately something must of spooked her overnight and by Sunday morning this 15 week old little bun had a broken front leg. :'( The outlook was pretty bleak but I...
  5. A

Otoscope

Does anyone have one in their first aid kit and if so recommendations please? Obviously I would always take a rabbit for a through vet check if I was in any way concerned but my vet has shown me what to look for in specific buns and I thought it might be nice if I could check them regularly at...
  6. A

Aviary roof

My run is being converted to a full height aviary this weekend. I'd really like to slope the roof and have some guttering. Please can you share your tips and pics on the best way to do this.
  7. A

Gap between spay and vaccines

Its been many years since I've had a rabbit spayed myself as most have already been done by the rescues. Back then advice was at least a 2 week gap between. Suzy is having her myxi vac tomorrow, however I have some time off next Fri-Mon and it would be so much easier if I could get her spayed...
  8. A

Swollen Nose

Anyone seen this in a bunny? Oliver's nose has swollen up - it also looks an odd colour, like its brusied. We are obviously straight off to the vets - but I've never seen anything like it. He's a known respitory bun and it looks almost like there is disharge which isn't draining. :cry: One...
  9. A

Weight Gain

Whats peoples preference on feeding up underweight bunnies? I've always managed using junior pellets and removing the thin bun from the group for an extra feed. However its just not working for two of my bunnies. Both have had full health checks and are in full health, but neither have...
  10. A

41 Buns

Today a local rescue in collaboration with 6 others have managed to collect 38 NZW bunnies from a meat breeder who was giving up. 3 had to be left behind as they had beem sold - hopefully to loving pet homes. What an achievement. :love:
  11. A

Runaround Link through garage wall

Anyone willing to share their pics please? Alot of photos on older threads have disappeared. :cry: My dad is putting a hole in my garage wall this weekend so that the group in the garage aviary have free access to the outside.
  12. A

Collecting my new girls tomorrow...

:love::love::love: Fingers crossed for bonding.
  13. A

Honest opinions wanted please - Rabbit Additions?

Some of you might remember that 18 month - 2 years ago I had a suspected outbreak of samonella caused by a contaminated bag of food which subsequently caused me lose over half of my bunny family in about a 2 week period. After a quarantine period I adopted 4 rabbits - 2 longtermers from Alice @...
  14. A

Scentwork with Bugsey

Some of you might of seen my other thread where I briefly mentioned how one of my labs, Bugsey, is reactive and has fear aggression. We do alot of training and behavioural work to help him but this is often very isolating solitary work. We can't attend group classes. I can't just go for a walk...
  15. A

My Bunny Accomodation: Part 2 The Garden Mansion (Picture Heavy)

Home to Comet, Sapphire and Rosie
  16. A

My Bunny Accomodation: Part 1 The Bachelor Pad (Picture Heavy)

Home to Arthur, Oliver and Simba
  17. A

Runaround Hay Hutch Doors

Does anyone have one and can you show me a pic of the assembled doors? The instructions are a bit unclear and the online video is for a door with different parts. Very confused.
  18. A

Greenhouse Heaters

I have some of these ready for winter but hubby is worried about the potential fire risk if a loose strand of hay touches the heater (I have guards). What are peoples thoughts on this?
  19. A

My Current Furry Family

20. A

Crunchie - 9th Aug 2017

I haven't been active much on this forum since the terrible outbreak that claimed half of my bunny family, but I hope some of you may remember me. Sweet dreams to my beautiful boy. Finally re-united with your brother who I know you've missed terribly. Sapphy, Comet and Rosie are lost without...
Back