• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. A

Urgent - Rabbit savvy vet needed - Nailsea North Somerset

I know this is late but for anyone who finds this post in the future I recommend: Vale Vets in Portishead - Emily Vets4Pets Portishead - Nik Vets4Pets Emersons Green - Carla Watkins and Tasker are also RWAF Silver but I've not used them so can't personally recommend.
  2. A

Lack of Single Does?

I do aswell but some rescues are reluctant to try male/male intros as its often percieved to be more likely to break down in the future. Personally speaking my male only pairs/groups were the most stable so I'd happily try it for someone if the rescue asked me to.
  3. A

Lack of Single Does?

We always struggle for single females and have a huge waiting list of people looking for one. We seem to get lots of single males into rescue. One of my fosters had been with me nearly a year after being born in rescue despite the fact that hes small and cute and pretty. He was so desperately...
  4. A

Bonding - Rabbits happy in hutch but not in run!

Is the run attached or seperate? How big is the run in comparison to the hutch?
  5. A

home made gerbil food :D [dried fish & mealworms inside]

Rat rations aren't too bad for the actual ingredients but the postage is a killer. I try and get the basic seeds and stuff from the supermarkets. Puffed rice etc usually the supermarket ownbrand cereal is useable as they tend to be alot lower in sugar than the branded ones.
  6. A

So I've now been told that 15% protein and 5% fat is better if I want to aim for a more natural diet. My foster is a little overweight so this will probably suit her better.
  7. A

Thank you. My current one is working out at 13.43% protein and 6.69% fat but I'm also confused about where it should be as it seems to be different on different sources. I also came up with Adult Gerbil 12-14 protein and 6-8 fat after lots of googling so maybe mine is ok after all.
  8. A

I'm still playing around with my spreadsheet trying to balance out a decent gerbil diet, my foster will probably be rehomed by the time I finalise it. :shock: Do you know what yours works out at and if so would you mind sharing the breakdown with me as I'd love to get her on something more...
  9. A

Vet says pellets are like chocolate

I agree with that weather etc all has contributing factors. Personally I aim for an eggcup per bun, but I don't have a problem increasing it if required aslong as it doesnt compromise their hay intake. Like keletkezes I also find mine need a bit extra over winter, especially the older bunnies...
  10. A

What's everybun eating these days?

Mine are really keen on sow thistle at the moment. Thankfully my neighbours garden is full of it so they are happy for me to pinch their weeds. :lol:
  11. A

E - Cuni and Scanning question??

Yep, my rats with red based eyes can also scan to varying degrees.
  12. A

Yes the nystagmus was continuos in mine too where as my Rews only scan when they are trying to focus on something specific. I had a bun who was blind - the vet suspected his mum had EC and he was born with a damaged lens. He never had active EC in his lifetime.
  13. A

Rabbits with sight issues such as REW that scan move their head from side to side as they try to focus. Rabbits with nystagmus caused by EC look very different, the eyes themselves move like they are rolling.
  14. A

Rescued a bunny need help please!

To me it looks like he's wary of the flooring, possibly as he's less mobile he finds it difficult or painful to navigate the slippy surface. I'd put a few rugs down to help give him traction and encourage movement. It takes time but they do get their mobility back once the muscles start to...
  15. A

Vet Statement - Can Someone Explain please

Maybe the isoflurane is hard to get hold of at the moment.
  16. A

F10 Application - Flystrike

Thank you. I'll apply it as the RWAF suggests as that would be the logical at risk areas for bunnies prone to faecal clumping. I'm hopeful once they are on a strict diet the issue will resolve and I can stop using chemicals but I think its a sensible precaution to start.
  17. A

Ear Flushing

You say he had a previous episode - Has he ever been treated with Fenbendazole? I know you saw him head shake etc but I'm wondering whether EC might be a factor if its re-ocurring?
  18. A

Vet Statement - Can Someone Explain please

Buprenorphine is quite often used as pain management for surgery as it's a morphine derivative so alot more effective on severe pain. Sedastart just sedates them so they are easier to handle pre GA. The ketamine is the anesthesia and I'd suspect this more likely cause of the wobblyness. Rats...
  19. A

Best bedding for Lionhead

Ditto. The only bunnies I would be wary of in such a setup would be rex as they are predisposed to hock issues. If I have any rex fosters I just make sure there is plenty of areas for deep hay.
Back