• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

Head tilt - linked to fluid (Frusol) - diuretic resistance?

Hi, a long time since I have been on here but Rambo has been treated for almost a year on Frusol due to heart failure/kidney failure (and Fortekor) and has had a good quality of life. The last couple of days has had head tilt again (like he did a year ago). We are convinced that it is fluid...
  2. B

Mint to help relieve gas?

We currently have an ongoing issue with Rambo having gas (his tummy is rumbling and selective in his food and not eating hay/pellets). He seems to be keen on herbs (which he never has been before) and is wolfing down mint and thyme more than other herbs. I know peppermint may have some...
  3. B

Enlarged heart - change in appetite - hungry but won't eat

Rambo has been diagnosed during the last week with fluid on his lungs and an enlarged heart and mild renal issues. Fluid has now cleared and we now have appropriate meds to treat his condition. We are still getting grumbling tummy each time he takes some food. He is on infacol and cisapride...
  4. B

Fennel and Dill?

We are still having to encourage Rambo to eat (he is bright in himself) after a dental and empty (rumbling) stomach. I was wondering if anyone had fed fennel an dill to their bunnies and if they were safe and if they have any medicinal effects? He has gone off some foods and we are...
  5. B

Gripe water dose

Hi - Rambo has a grumbly tummy (been in stasis and had dental yesterday) - I have been giving infacol 1ml twice a day but going to try gripe water as heard some people use this and it can be more effective to disperse any gas. How much do people use and how often?
  6. B

Flystrike warning

Just wanted to remind everyone to be vigilant with the warmer weather we are still having. I found some tiny moving eggs on Cassie last night and after trimming her, combing her, picking anything off and then rear guarding her she appears OK so far but obviously will be checking vigorously...
  7. B

Incontinence - Gabapentin

:wave: I know I am not on here as often but would appreciate anyone letting me know if they have used Gabapentin for their buns and what dose. Cassie has suffered with incontinence for about a year now (maybe longer) and has been on incurin which seemed to help. Recently she seemed to be...
  8. B

Incurin - any experiences?

After trying abx/metacam/propalin for one of my buns (after tests) she is still intermittent incontinent i.e. 3-6 weeks OK and then soaking. I asked my vet about some hormone tabs to try as we had read somewhere these may help. Does anyone have any experience of using incurin tabs and what...
  9. B

Propalin for Incontinence-dosage

Just wondering what doses people give per kg for incontinence in female buns.
  10. B

Urinary infection - update - Propalin?

Cassie tends to have an intermittent wet bum which either septrin or metacam will clear in a couple of days. She has recently had a wet bum and been treated with penicillin (2 weeks -6 doses I think and this had no effect), septrin (1 week and it was clear for a week then came back and now been...
  11. B

Profender / praziquantal for rabbits

I was doing some research into worms a while back as last year one of my buns had recurring ones (now cleared) and came across an article where FHB had given and alternative to the usual Panacur...
  12. B

Spring grass?

So, we are having problems with Rambo stopping eating and he had had all sorts of x-rays today (still awaiting bloods) and there is nothing obvious as everything is looking good (thread in health). I was just wondering if spring grass could be causing his bouts of ileus, if so has anyone else...
  13. B

Ileus - recurring episodes u/d bloods ok

Rambo stopped eating a few weeks ago and he had all the usual meds and started to eat within the hour after them (never known it work like that before!) and was OK. Two weeks ago he had exactly the same symptoms so popped him to the vet (emergency hrs on a Sunday night!) where he had all the...
  14. B

Pro fibre - how much?

We always give 1-2 scoops a day between Rambo and Cassie (normally just the 1 scoop). Is this too much? Rambo weighs about 4.7-5kg and Cass 2.5 - 2.7 kg.
  15. B

Rambo and Cassie - 1 year on

Just thought I would share some screenshots (taken from the shed camera) of what bunnies get up to when you are not looking. For some reason my phone photos did not transfer so will try again. Thankfully Rambo and Cassie are normally well behaved. They have now been "wed" for a year and they...
  16. B

Fenugreek

:wave: Does anyone know if there is anyway other than fenugreek crunchies to give buns fenugreek?
  17. B

Possible tooth abscessl? u/d now got depocillin

Just taken one of my buns to the vet as noticed it was not eating normally. Checked all over and tummy, temp etc were fine. Would not stay still while checking the mouth but the vet is not sure if she saw a possible white spot on the gum at the front and said it "could" be an abcess so wants...
  18. B

Urine infection?

Cassie has been on septrin since last Saturday for a suspected urine infection (she has strong smelling wee and is wet at times underneath) and 0.5ml of dog metacam a day in case of inflammation. She is eating and pooping OK. The vet said it was OK to give her the metacam and about 0.5ml of...
  19. B

Cassie - selective feeding and not 100%

Cassie is not 100% this morning. Can't put finger on it so she is booked in this afternoon (earliest appt they have) to get checked over. She has pooped, is eating some foods but not as much as usual. She is refusing fenugreek crunchies. She is nibbling bits of hay, cabbage and has had about...
  20. B

Panacur paste dosage

:oops: OK, so maybe I am being really thick but this is the first time I have used the panacur paste. We are having an ongoing problem with worms in Rambo so I have decided to treat him for 28 days as just doing the 9 days and him having 2 lots of panomec has just not cleared it (clears it for...
Back