• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. J

Goodbye Lola

Poor Lola had to be PTS today. I hope she is reunited with her husbun Charlie at Rainbow Bridge. Difficult decision for us to make but I feel it was the right one as I didn't want her to suffer any more than she already had. She was a rescue bunny when she came to us and I think she had had...
  2. J

Lola Poorly!

Poor Lola was a rescue bunny 3/4 years ago so not sure how old she is but she's really not well now. She's lost loads of weight in the last few weeks although still eating like an elephant! She has lost a lot of fur around her nose area, which I thought was mites so have been treating it as...
  3. J

Feeling Guilty

Feeling very guilty that my house bunny is going outside this week - anyone else done this?
  4. J

Lola grieving still?

Lost my lovely Charlie few months ago, since then Lola (who has never been particularly friendly with us) has been quite withdrawn. Never comes out of her room (indoor bunny) and has started pulling her fur out on her back. She has plenty of toys etc. and I do change them round to give her a...
  5. J

Charlie

Havent been able to come on here til today and even now its difficult. My lovely Charlie. We bought him from PaH as a baby, didnt realise at the time he had snuffles but he was the most perfect bun. He has taught me so much over the last 3 and half years. He has been plagued with snuffle...
  6. J

Charlie ill again :(

Charlie has been battling his eye infections for months now, vet said there was nothing more they could do about his eye, I just had to squeeze the pus out from his tear duct and try and keep it clean - which has been difficult because the gunk has stuck to his fur and he has had to have most of...
  7. J

Tear Duct Flushing

Hi, Charlie has yet another eye infection from his snuffles/head tilt. Vet wasn't very optimistic when we took him last week as he was finding it very hard to breath and obviously didn't feel good. He had shots of anti b's and eye drops and took him back the next day - he had improved quite a...
  8. J

Rabbits and Huskies!?

Have got two beautiful and established house bunnies - but am contemplating getting a puppy later this year. Am completely hooked on a Husky but not sure what they would be like with other animals - surely if brought up as a pup with the bunnies they would be OK??!! Anyone got any experience...
  9. J

Eye infection

Charlie has yet another eye infection (due to his snuffles, nothing else underlying) - its usually treated with antibiotic eye drops, however, this time, his eye is closed shut, firmly!!! No amount of bathing it is opening it at the moment, but it still weeps and matts his fur up to the point...
  10. J

Eating hair!

I was grooming Charlie tonight and got a fairly hefty chunk of hair out which I screwed up and, because I got distracted, I put it down on the fireplace underneath his comb. When I came to move, it I realised that he'd eaten it!! :shock: He normally has a really healthy digestive system - he...
  11. J

Make or Break for Charlie - Lots of vibes please UPDATE 24/10

Took Charlie back to vets tonight as he was still rolling and not getting any better. He gave him a shot of anti-inflammatry and told us to keep our eye on whether he improved or not in the next 24 hours. If he does, then he will give him more but if he doesn't then he very delicately suggested...
  12. J

Ear infection worse!! rolling over!

My poor Charlie started rolling over last night, it was terrible to watch him. His eyes were spinning too he was so dizzy and couldn't get his balance. He eventually did and seemed fine afterwards, a little quiet. I've decided that he will have to stay in his room until he is a little better...
  13. J

Ear Infection question

Charlie has either ear infection or EC - he has had symptoms (over balance and head tilt) for about 10 days now. I know it takes about 6 weeks or so to (hopefully) nurse them better (Baytril and panacur) but my question is this... do the symptoms get worse before they get better? He wobbled...
  14. J

Typical!

Have been on the lookout for a girlfriend for Charlie and haven't seen anything nearby that I thought would work - that is until now!!! Now there are about 3/4 possibilities and Charlie is ILL!!!!! So, I can't do anything about any of them at the moment until Charlie is completely well...
  15. J

Head Tilt

How do you tell if your rabbit has a head tilt? Is it like that all the time or does it just occasionally tilt it's head? Charlie still on Baytrill and Panacur but there doesn't seem to be much change. He's only been on meds since Friday so maybe I am being impatient - just that I thought if...
  16. J

Back to the vets again!!!

Charlie started overbalancing last night so I had to take him to the vets again today. He is particularly scratting at his right ear. He seems to think it's an ear infection but there was quite a lot of wax in his right ear so he's given Canaural - although he said if the symptoms worsen...
  17. J

Rabbit carry boxes

Can anyone recommend a good carry box? I'm looking for one that has a top opener as it's really hard work trying to get Charlie in and out of the front opening ones. He's a medium sized bunny but would like to get one big enough to fit two if we find him a suitable friend. And also not HUGELY...
  18. J

Want another bunny!

Went to the local RSPCA today to see if they had any rabbits in to bond with mine! They didn't really have any suitable ones really which is good in a way I suppose! Lady was extremely helpful though. There was one young bun, only 3 months old but I don't want one so young as Charlie has...
  19. J

Droopy Lip

I really didn't want to post this but here goes anyway!! For those of you who don't know, my 8 month old Lop has/is being treated for snuffles. Anyway, over the last day or so, I have noticed that one side of his lip (?) is lower than the other. Actually I don't think it's his lips - it's if...
  20. J

New Hay!!!

VanessaB told me about the hay samples you could get from The Hay Expert so I ordered some!! The first one I've given Charlie is the Oat Hay - do you think he likes it????:shock: I have NEVER seen Charlie eat hay with as much enthusiasm!!! I can't wait until the next packet - I don't know...
Back