• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. D

Wanted: West Farm Kennles closing down!

"The west farm kennels are closing down. This means that the RSPCA Small animals need to find some place to go....and quick!" if you can help by taking in 1 or a pair please get in get in touch. As a rescue we have taken in as many as we can but time runs short. We are looking either for rescue...
  2. D

Newcastle to london dagenham,Only need the bit to nottingham now! Poss on the 12th?

I have a trio of girls who would love to get to Tinsel, via Starlights rescue in Dagenham. I am going to Birmingham this friday (21.11.09) so could get em a chunk of the way. Any one else gonna be around?
  3. D

anyone ever used this before?

http://www.animalmedicationdirect.co.uk/protexin-pro-fibre-small-animals-800g-c-5-p-5-pr-5682.htmlI am crusing the net looking for one supplyer for ivermectin, fibreplex, panacur and frontline (frontline for the cat dont panic) when I found this. Has anyone used it, is it like critical care or...
  4. D

Available Rescue: Stella Tilly and Bambi 3 nethie Dwarfs looking for a new home together

These 3 girls are a fantastic group and have a strong bond. All three are friendly and enjoy strokes and attention. Tilly is the youngest and most inquisitive. Bambi is very tiny for an adult and very curious of people. Stella is shy, but good to handle. These three girls have been with us for...
  5. D

Costco has C&C grids

Just to let people know that costco has c&c grids in for just over £10 a pack http://www.costco.co.uk/ If anyone in the local area here want some and is not a member I would be willing to help out, just let me know but they are all over the country!
  6. D

Reserved: Grace, the perfect house guest!

Grace is currently living in my Daughters Bedroom and appart from a small incident with the purple glitter glue :oops: She has been a perfect house guest, litter trained friendly and not much chewing at all. Grace a Young female house rabbit approximately 6 months old. Handed to rescue when...
  7. D

Panacur liquid 10%

There are now too many rabbits here to be using the paste, for cost reasons alone I think I must change to the liquid so here pretty please are my questions. 1: is the 10% one ok for bunnies cos it just goes on about dogs and cats on the info sheet. 2: Do bunnys seem to like it? How do you...
  8. D

Bunny Brand

As I shop on line I keep seeing this brand all over. I have also seen it at shows and events. Has anyone investigated or tried the products? What do you think? http://www.pamperedpiggies.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=bnbasic150
  9. D

Available Rescue: Gracie - Young Female Bun from NRSA Rescue

I won't lie to you Gracie came to us as such a flighty little madam and because of this has been with us for a long time. During this time she has refused point blank to accept a friend of either sex but has become very loyal to her carer. For this reason we are trying to find her a home as a...
  10. D

Meeting before bonding.

I was just wondering what peoples opinions of buns meeting before they are bonded, usually through bars (like in seperate cages or runs) . Somepeople seem to think this helps and some feel it hinders and makes them more teritorial.
  11. D

small animal neglect statistics and quotes needed for press release

Hi there people, I am just doing a press release for our party in 2 weeks time and was wondering if anyone here had the neglect and rescue facts and figures for rabbits and or other small animals? I am also looking for good quotes (will ask permission before using) Also if any one has done a...
  12. D

NRSA Rescue 1st Anniversary Bash!

The Northumberland Rabbit and Small Animal Rescue have now been running for one whole year (and what a year!) and we have decided to throw a party to celebrate our success! Obviously because of the work we do this will also be a fundraiser :lol: The event will be held on Friday the 26th of June...
  13. D

Elated and worn out!

I just wanted to post about the really successful Easter we have had at the rescue. I put up loads of extra adverts before Easter and put adverts in the local free ads papers and online and did a couple of live events. The phone went mad and the emails were pouring in. Admittedly many of these...
  14. D

A shelf for Matty ~ C&C advice please

Well I give in it looks like I am a failed fosterer and Matty is staying for good. This means he will be living in my cupboard for ever and so I want to add a shelf for him. I have some c&c cube bits and I think this will be the best solution but I am worried about design. It needs to be 3...
  15. D

Rescue Open Day in the Newcastle Area and FaceBook news!

Hi there, just me pimping the Northumberland rabbit and small animal rescue again. We are having an open day in conjunction with the RSPCA in celebration of Pet Adoption Week. When: Sat 14th March 11.30 - 4.00 Where: West Farm Boarding Kennels, Ponteland NE20 0BD What: Just come...
  16. D

My new Dutch foster girls!

These little mites arrived here today (taking my foster number to 7 Hmmmmmm) and they are just sooooo sweet :love: so I thaught I would share a photo with you all. :D
  17. D

Available Rescue: Emma and Flynn

Emma and Flynn have been with us for a while now and I think that Flynn's size is putting people off as he is a large bun, although not giant (and he is such a cheeky character:D). Emma is a gentle friendly soul who was dumped with Flynn and her offspring last summer. Flynn has now been Neutered...
  18. D

Spring greens!!!!!!

Is there some sort of shortage, the last 4 times I have been to Asda they have had non, the farm shop had non, sainsburys had non. Morrisons had a couple of scrawny bags but the price had gone up to 99p What is going on, my buns are not best pleased!
  19. D

Awarness raising Day ~ Advice please

Hullo, the rescue I foster for is a really new set up although the girls have all had years of experience working with the RSPCA. We are having our first awareness raising day at a local (no livestock) pet store (Jollies in Blyth). Obviously we would like to use it as an opportunity to no only...
  20. D

James

James, brother and partner of Matt, Was only with us for a month and was our first foster bun. Sadly he developed a massive aggressive tumor and despite our best efforts passed over to rainbow bridge today. I feel like such a failed fosterer and am soo tired and upset I just want to cry. :cry:
Back