• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. L

Possible EC? U/D getting worse :(

Hi I haven't posted on this forum for a while, but I'm looking for some advice on my rescue bunny, Gerry. He's around 7 years old and I've had him for 2 years. A week ago, he suddenly started to show lameness on one hind leg. He could hop around but one leg is "late" to hop, although it did...
  2. L

Free Ranging House bunnies with a base

Hi I'm planning on having my 2 rabbits free range in the house. They will have access to 2 average sized rooms for around 15 hours a day, and I would put them in a dog crate at night. The dog crate may also be used for a couple of hours during the day for shopping trips. There is always someone...
  3. L

Food Aggression between two rabbits

Hi I have a pair of rabbits who have been bonded for 9 months. Molly used to live with her sister until she sadly passed away. Gerry is a rescue rabbit and they bonded straight away. Gerry used to be very placid which seemed to keep Molly calm. Molly's sister, Milly used to chase her away...
  4. L

Indoor rabbits settling in issues

Hi I've had my rabbit, Molly for 7 years. She's always been kept outdoors until a month ago, when we decided, due to age and local foxes, that we would bring her indoors. She is bonded to Gerry, who we rehomed in May last year. As far as I'm aware, he's always been an outdoor rabbit too. They...
  5. L

My gorgeous black, one-eyed rabbit

Hi Reading Honeybunny's thread on Why You Should Rescue, made me look at Gerry, my black, one-eyed rabbit and thought what an amazing rabbit and how lucky we both are to have each other. I adopted him from a rescue in May after the sad passing of Milly. Molly, her sister was alone so we sought...
  6. L

I am now an indoor rabbit owner!

Hi After having Molly (and Milly RIP :cry:) outdoors for 7 years, we now have indoor bunnies. Molly loves it and seems much happier (I think it was the cold she didn't like) and Gerry has settled in well and I've seen a few small binkies from him. Molly is binkying all over the place. :lol: We...
  7. L

Fitch bedding for sore hocks?

Hi I have a rabbit who's had sore hocks all her life. She currently has a thick layer of hay on the floor of her hutch and run which suits her quite well. However I've seen the fitch bedding and it looks really soft and comfortable. Would it be suitable for sore hock rabbits? Could I provide...
  8. L

No Pellet Diet?

Hi My rescue rabbit, Gerry has a problem with eating his caecotrophs. He refuses to eat them unless he's had Bio Lapis probiotics but we want to stop this as its stressful to administer it to him. Jacks Jane very kindly gave me some advice and suggested a no pellet diet for him. I've checked...
  9. L

Update on Gerry`s caecotrophs

Hi We got Gerry from a rescue in May. Since day one, he's produced excess caecotrophs. He was fed on Burgress Excel and a varied of veg and hay. At the start, he would leave about 6-7 caecotrophs a day. We changed his diet to Fibafirst as it has lots of fibre. We thought this would stop the...
  10. L

RWAF Conference Notes 2014?

Hi Does anyone know if they are selling the conference notes this year? If so, when will this roughly be? Thanks. :D
  11. L

Can a rabbit be fed Bio Lapis long-term?

Hi I've been giving Gerry, my new rabbit, Bio Lapis for over 2 weeks now on veterinary advice. He didn't used to eat his caecotrophs and never had since we got him a few months ago. Over the past week, he's eating them every day (apart from one day when he didn't get his digestive supplements)...
  12. L

Papaya Plus Tablets

Hi I've bought some Papaya tablets as my rabbits are moulting and i want to try and prevent hair blocking their guts. However, Molly's on metacam and baytril and Gerry on probiotics. Both have supplements too, Molly has joint care and Gerry has digestive care. Is it ok to give Papaya tablets...
  13. L

Cleaning out on day 28 of Panacur course?

How essential is it that the hutch/run is thoroughly cleaned on day 28 of a Panacur course? I did a thorough clean on day 21. Is it just to remove the last spores from the environment?
  14. L

Panacur changing taste/smell of caecotrophs?

Gerry has not eaten his caecotrophs since we've had him. He always leaves at least 1 every day, and usually 2-4. How many caecotrophs do rabbits normally produce in a day? He's been to the vet and he may have a stiff spine which may explain why he doesn't bend to eat them. However, if I try to...
  15. L

Leaving caecotrophs

Gerry is my new rabbit whose recently successfully bonded to Molly. He's been used to eating excel pellets with hay and vegetables. He's a great eater, loves his leafy greens and hay and has around an eggcupful of excel pellets. Since we got him around 2 weeks ago, he's left around 5-6...
  16. L

Fibafirst: How many pellets?

Hi I've read that rabbits should get an eggcupful of pellets per day, but I've also read that rabbits should get 25g per 1kg of bodyweight of pellets per day. Which is correct? I'm introducing Fibafirst to my rabbits but as they are long sticks, it's difficult to give an eggcupful. Also, they...
  17. L

Is this correct for feeding vegetables?

This is the first time I've had a rabbit who eats vegetables so I want to make sure I get it right. This is my diet plan: Day 1: Cabbage Curly Kale Chiory Rocket Day 2: Romaine Lettuce Carrot tops Spring Greens Watercress I'll alternate these days. Gerry seems to only like leafy greens, he...
  18. L

Changing from Lapizole to Panacur?

I'm worming my rabbits with Lapizole. They do not like it. I want to change over to panacur for the rest of the course. Is this possible? I'm doing a 28 day course and we are currently on day 5. Can I use panacur for the remaining days?
  19. L

Worming question

I've just got a new rabbit to bond with Molly. I know that both rabbits should be wormed as soon as possible but lapizole is sold out everywhere (ordered some and won't get it till next week). Should I wait till next week when I'll hopefully receive it or do I get panacur instead to start...
  20. L

Introducing Gerry *Update and new pics*

I adopted Gerry from a rescue yesterday. He's a 5 year old black otter Lionhead, who only has one eye due to contracting myxi when he was younger and removal of his left eye. He's gorgeous and extremely friendly. Molly seems to like him and she looks a lot happier having a companion again...
Back