• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. L

Possible EC? U/D getting worse :(

UPDATE: Its been 2 months since he first showed symptoms of his hind leg. He's had numerous vet visits and another type of antibiotic, but unfortunately, his leg is getting worse, and his other hind leg is starting to show symptoms too. :cry: The vet said its unlikely he'll recover but there is...
  2. L

Thanks Jacks Jane. He's on 0.75ml of Metacam (dog) once daily. He's around 2.6kg. The vet did suggest another X ray but that it wouldn't show whether it was a bone infection or growth. I feel better now it seems I have options. Thanks again for your help.
  3. L

UPDATE: It's been over a month now since Gerry started to be lame on his hind leg. He's had a 28 day course of Panacur and he's still no better. He's been back to the vet and I found a strange lump on his pelvis (only on one side, the side of his bad leg). This lump seems to be part of the...
  4. L

I've bought 6 tubes of paste, although I think I've bought too much for the 2 of them. :lol: Molly is only little, so she's definitely only having 1 graduation, but I'm not sure if Gerry should have 1 or 2 graduations as he's right on the limit.
  5. L

Thanks for your help. :) I'll give Molly a course of Panacur too. I'll also get the vet to check his ears next time he's in. Unfortunately, I've already bought the Panacur paste. Should he just get 1 graduation as he's so close to the weight limit?
  6. L

Gerry weighs 2.7kg. How much Panacur should he have? It says 1 graduation per 2.5kg.
  7. L

Thank you very much for your help. I'm glad the cecals aren't a sign he's losing feeling. I've had to clean him again this morning and his fur is not helping, so I'll ask the vet about clipping. Jack's-Jane - What should I use to keep his ears clean? I'll look into getting an otoscope. :)
  8. L

Thanks very much for your help. :D
  9. L

Hi I haven't posted on this forum for a while, but I'm looking for some advice on my rescue bunny, Gerry. He's around 7 years old and I've had him for 2 years. A week ago, he suddenly started to show lameness on one hind leg. He could hop around but one leg is "late" to hop, although it did...
  10. L

Hay experts favourites

Mine love the Weave-a-Ball. They also love this bed: https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/chill-n-snooze-bed.html Its a great chew toy as well as a bed. They also love any of the willow items and grassy items.
  11. L

Flooring for a Rex

My mini rex has sore hocks. She's 8 years old and has had sore hocks since she was 6 months old. She has had countless vet visits to treat them, and we have learned to manage them. She is on long term Metacam to reduce inflammation and make sure she's pain free. Her flooring is a thick layer of...
  12. L

Free Ranging House bunnies with a base

Hi I'm planning on having my 2 rabbits free range in the house. They will have access to 2 average sized rooms for around 15 hours a day, and I would put them in a dog crate at night. The dog crate may also be used for a couple of hours during the day for shopping trips. There is always someone...
  13. L

How to treat Sore hocks please? :(

Carpet can be abrasive, so you could try putting throws onto the floor. I've found fleece or vetbed is good. One of my rabbits has sore hocks and she's an indoor rabbit, so I use hay and vetbed in her enclosure, and on the carpet, I put down fleece throws and vetbed.
  14. L

Rex rabbit housing

I have a mini rex rabbit with sore hocks and she's an indoor rabbit. Her enclosure is covered with thick layer of hay and vetbed on any hard surface. When she's outside of the cage, I put vetbed down over carpet and this seems to work well. When she was an outdoor rabbit, I covered all of the...
  15. L

Tell me about fibafirst

I feed Fibafirst like they are pellets. Mine get 8 Fibafirst sticks per day (they are a mini rex and a lionhead). This seems to maintain their weight.
  16. L

Food Aggression between two rabbits

Thanks. I separate them so that mostly Molly can eat in peace because chasing will also occur when the food is down.
  17. L

Food Aggression between two rabbits

Hi I have a pair of rabbits who have been bonded for 9 months. Molly used to live with her sister until she sadly passed away. Gerry is a rescue rabbit and they bonded straight away. Gerry used to be very placid which seemed to keep Molly calm. Molly's sister, Milly used to chase her away...
  18. L

Excess caecotrophs/soft poo. Any changes that I can make to his diet?

All rabbits are different so its just trial and error. :) My rabbits are on Fibafirst. Gerry was originally on Excel, but changing him to Fibafirst didn't make much difference to him, but it may help yours if he's on it solely. :) Has he had a full vet check recently?
  19. L

Indoor rabbits settling in issues

Thanks guys for your suggestions. I've bought them some puzzle games (the Teach N treat game) and a birch branch which I can stuff hay + herbs in. They also both love digging (I put throws down on the floor to distract them from the carpet), so i think I'll make them a digging box. I don't know...
  20. L

Excess caecotrophs/soft poo. Any changes that I can make to his diet?

My rescue rabbit, Gerry had excess caecotrophs. We got him in May last year and until a month ago, always produced excess caecotrophs. We took him to the vet and they tried Bio Lapis, which helped a lot (he would only leave 1-2 instead of around 6-7 per day), which seemed to suggest it was his...
Back