• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. J

Hiro's thread - Total Ear Canal Ablation. UPDATE

Hey Holly! Just popped on to asked about Giselles abscess and saw your post! Seen your update on the HFHTH group, you are doing great!! :wave:
  2. J

Abscess in foot

Thanks mini lop! Just updating on this and more questions. Her foot swelled up hugely and there was a scab, I thought it might burst and couldn't get an appointment with my vet but managed to get in with Molly Varga last Tuesday (3rd May) She picked the scab off and cleaned it. I've since been...
  3. J

Abscess in foot

Hi Have any of you dealt with an abscess in a front foot? If so what was the treatment, did you have it lanced and flushed or did antibiotics help? My Frenchie Giselle (with the sore hocks) has now developed an abscess in her front foot :-( Started with a nail bed infection. Had a needle...
  4. J

Sore Hocks, what do you use?

Jane just looking back over old threads, did you find the healX cream any good?
  5. J

Hi All I'm still battling this :-( I put 6 inch deep barley straw inside and two layers of vet bed outside. I changed full wraps to just socks with toes cut out secured top and bottom to avoid the sore skin she started to get on the ankle crease. They also have slits cut out of the socks over...
  6. J

Thanks for the suggestions folks! So its either extra matting such as memory foam under the vet bed or deep hay? The only issue with the deep hay is that they will use both shed and run as a giant litter tray! But if thats what it takes then I can do it. I think I will try the matting underlay...
  7. J

Thank you, so extra support underneath is needed? I will pop to the carpet shop and see what underlay they have as this my quickest option. I will order more vet bed. Although I think it's the friction that is causing the problem as she doesn't hop high enough due to her arthritis. My camrosa...
  8. J

Gutted, hocks are red this morning. Have tried to wrap leaving entire front ankle open by cutting holes out of the socks. Don't think they will stay on. Anyone any suggestions? Please? At my wits end :-(
  9. J

Occasionally scanning rabbit - what's going on?

EC can flare up at any time, relapses are common. You did well to get her back on Fenbendazole quickly. That said my 11/12 year old bun Ben has a relapse and remit cycle, he is unsteady and turns for 10-12 days then is ok for 10 days then it starts again. I have researched and found a few...
  10. J

Here is the run: inside and Outside:
  11. J

Hi I'm interested to know what folks use for sore hocks. My bun Giselle is a 6 yr old french lop. She has arthritis and therefore weight bears on her hocks, complicated also due to her size. Initially the hocks were scabbed and had been bleeding. So we started her on septrin and topical...
  12. J

Corvental

Thank you :-)
  13. J

Corvental

Well Fandango is a lot more perky! He started to pick up yesterday. I've been feeding fresh dandelions so that might be helping too. Whatever it is I'm grateful! He came running for treats yesterday and took his metacam himself off the syringe which he hasn't done for a while. This morning he...
  14. J

Trouble with bunny poo after antibiotics

Which probiotics have you tried? I swear by Protexin Fibreplex and Protexin Pro-fibre pellets. Antibiotics can play havoc with the gut flora.
  15. J

Ear infection, meds, no improvement

Are you on Facebook? I highly recommend you join this group if you are https://www.facebook.com/groups/HelpforHeadTiltHoppers/?fref=ts Some of the advice you have been given (not on here) is questionable.... there is much you can do do help her - including drugs to help her balance. Too much...
  16. J

Corvental

That must have taken good eyesight to count those beads!! Fandango hates banana!! Sadly he cant have an inhaler, he is extremely skitty and I have to be careful with him as he mouth breathes if I try and get him to do anything he doesnt want to do. How long did before you guys saw any benefit?
  17. J

Corvental

Thanks Jane, he's done really well so far. It's been 16 months since his symptoms first started. He's had a few bad spells recently and has slowed down a lot. He's keeping me on my toes! The high dose metacam has worked well for him. I believe it slows down the cell division and therefore the...
  18. J

Corvental

Thanks Tracy, Fandango is on it once a day at the moment but the same dose and about the same weight so that makes me feel better. We are in the same situation as you were with Wally :-( it's just about making things easier for him as he struggles. He's done really well so far though. Thanks...
  19. J

Corvental

Thanks Tracy :) yes same, Molly suggested it and my vet put it up this morning. Called Manor to see of she put the dose on the notes but she hadn't. My vet prescribed 1/4 capsule. I emptied the beads. Crushed them and split into 4 piles then put in a shreddie with a bit of metacam. He ate half...
  20. J

Corvental

Hi I'm just trying to find out more information on corvental as Fandango has been prescribed it. From a quick search on here (the only ref on a google search!) I see the doses vary quite a lot. For those that have used it what dose were you using and did you have any side effects. Many thanks...
Back