• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. P

Catching a stray rabbit - help needed :)

Hi, I've found out that there's a domestic rabbit in the area that's been living wild since oct after escaping. I'm going to have a go at setting a trap for it (humane!) but not sure what to try, any suggestions?! Thanks :)
  2. P

Help - Rabbit not eating hay (did used to)

Hi guys, I had a bonded pair of buns, Dude and Bella. We sadly lost Bella about 4 months ago and since then he has not touched hay. They used to always both rush to me when I came with it and would happily sit under the hay-rack munching away. I've had him down at the vets and they've done...
  3. P

Battle Flatts vets in Stamford Bridge - experiences?

Hi folk of RU :wave: Just wondered if any of you have experience of these vets, be it a referral or your regular practice? Thanks :D
  4. P

Advice re: three buns... UPDATE 12/7

I have currently got 2 pairs but Dude is in for blood tests 2mrw as I think his kidneys may be failing :( I know I may be getting ahead of myself, but in anticipation of him not being here much longer, I'm already panicking about the bun he's currently bonded with. She's quite a feisty German...
  5. P

Megazorb problems - dust

Evening all :) I bought megazorb tonight from my usual place and just got litter trays ready for change over day tomorrow. This bag is so dusty it's unreal and it smells weird too :-/ The bits of pulp don't seem as chunky as usual either. Anyone had any similar megazorb issues recently...
  6. P

3 legged buns

Hi guys, I'm adopting a 3 legged bunny and wondered if anyone has any advice on extra care needed or if there's anything I need to think about that's may have not thought about? Thanks
  7. P

Bonding Volunteer?! :-D

Hi, I think I'm picking up a new bun on Sun 14th Oct and I was wondering if there's anyone in Harrogate/York-ish area who's available to bond for me as I get a bit nervous doing it? Thanks in advance! :thumb:
  8. P

FAO: Bikerbunnies!!

Hiya, Bronte has settled in really well here and she's one step closer to her new home with you! She's absolutely beautiful and had a little wash within the first 5 mins!! :love::love:
  9. P

Can buns eat horse hay?

I've been told it's not as soft as normal hay but my normal supplier is out of hay till August and I've found a place that does horse hay for about £5 a bale compared to £9 a bale for normal hay. Is horse hay ok? :? Thanks :wave:
  10. P

Fairly urgent - info needed if poss

Hi guys, I'm at work but have had a text from my best friend saying her older sister has left her husband and my friend has had to take their rabbit in. She has no idea what to do with it and doesn't want to keep it, but she's calling me tonight for advice on how to keep it. I know nothing...
  11. P

Bunnies new to grass

Hi guys, I bought a roll of turf to half and stick in plastic trays in each bunny shed this weekend. The buns have had bit of grass when I've picked it for them, but have never had free access to grass. How long is a safe time to leave them with the turf (wouldn't leave overnight anyway)...a...
  12. P

Wood for shelving etc in sheds

Hi guys, I've had shelves before in old bunny sheds, but cannot for the life of me think what kind of wood I used. What's the cheapest, sturdiest wood to use for shelves etc? Thanks :D
  13. P

Cabbage Query...

Hi guys, how far near the inside of a cabbage/spring greens do you all go, so how light does it get before you throw away? I tend to only feed the very green outer leaves, and end up throwing about half on it away and I'm now thinking that I'm being too paranoid!! The picture below show a...
  14. P

Is this suitable for buns?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LARGE-NATURAL-RAFFIA-BUNDLE-100g-Easter-Hat-Decoration-/130487213312?pt=UK_Crafts_FloralSupplies_SM&hash=item1e61a4dd00#ht_1523wt_956 For making hay treat balls?? Also, how do you join cardboard boxes together to make a maze? What's suitable for buns who like to...
  15. P

New Myxi/VHD vaccine??

16. P

Advice Needed - Panting When Travelling

Hi guys, I had to take the buns to York tonight (25 min car journey). Roxy, who is a rex, was panting within about a minute of starting the journey and about halfway there I was so worried I debated about turning round for home as wasn't sure she'd last the journey (but as I was halfway there I...
  17. P

Is this rubber flooring ok for a Rex?

Hi guys, is this flooring ok for a rex bun? The thickness is shown in pic 1 (see just below my finger!) Thanks Nicky :D
  18. P

Bonding Help Needed - Around Yorkshire - Donation Given

Hi guys, I'm looking for someone to bond my two buns for me the weekend of 12th March for about a week? If anyone/rescues can help, please can you PM me? I would do it myself but I always get worried and don't have anywhere neutral I could do it anyway. Thanks in advance! :wave:
  19. P

Rex hocks - options for flooring??

Hi guys, I'm getting a Rex in a few weeks. The last Rex I had was really unwell and I only had her for 6 weeks or so before losing her, so didn't get round to doing much other than putting more hay on floor for her etc to make sure her Hocks didn't get bad. Currently I have a 10x8 shed with...
  20. P

Bunny Proofing Garden/Big cheap enclosure

Hi guys, I've currently got a 6x8 shed and a 10x8 shed for the buns. I really would love them to free-range in garden (supervised) but we get a lot of cats around and it worries me. Plus the garden isn't secure at the moment coz of broken fences etc. What's a cheap way of giving them the...
Back