• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. P

Catching a stray rabbit - help needed :)

Sorry, work has been mad. I didn't manage to get over tonight but am hoping to try tomorrow. There's only me and maybe OH if he is around tomorrow night so I'm feeling a bit daunted (!) and also worrying it will be too dark. Great story about the bun rescued :) I will contact our local cats...
  2. P

Catching a stray rabbit - help needed :)

Hi, I've found out that there's a domestic rabbit in the area that's been living wild since oct after escaping. I'm going to have a go at setting a trap for it (humane!) but not sure what to try, any suggestions?! Thanks :)
  3. P

Depressed rabbit

How is Milly now?:wave:
  4. P

Rabbit Liver Levels High. [Please help!]

I don't think FHB practices much these days due to ill health. I had pretty much identical issues in 3 of my buns before Xmas, all within weeks of each other. They all had fecal tests, blood tests and liver ultrasounds. 2 buns went on to just recover 'naturally', the other died from auto...
  5. P

Help - Rabbit not eating hay (did used to)

So Dude had full dental check under GA, with X-rays taken, on 6th Dec. all looked fine. I was speaking to one of the vets tonight when I was down with another Bun, and she couldn't suggest anything else. I've booked in to see my fave bunny vet on Tues so I will pick her brains then. I just hate...
  6. P

Hi Jane, yes he has teeth checked under GA. I'll going to call the vets now to refresh my memory on what they found etc..
  7. P

timothyhay.co.uk hay has arrived! :D

So cute! I've literally just ordered some now for the first time. What weight was your bag? :thumb:
  8. P

Hi guys, I had a bonded pair of buns, Dude and Bella. We sadly lost Bella about 4 months ago and since then he has not touched hay. They used to always both rush to me when I came with it and would happily sit under the hay-rack munching away. I've had him down at the vets and they've done...
  9. P

Battle Flatts vets in Stamford Bridge - experiences?

I use Oak Beck vets opposite Pets At Home (also called Pet A&E) - they are a 24 hour vets so always someone there with the animals and they use the best anaesthetic for buns and have £25k's worth of anaesthetic monitoring equipment for when a bun is under GA. They also have another ranch up...
  10. P

Haha dont worry, at least I'm forewarned! I forgot it was Matt Brash's (sp?) practice but I remember seeing him on TV. Thanks for your reply and sorry your experiences weren't great!
  11. P

Ice

I always presumed ice would be bad for bun's tummies, same as not feeding veg straight from the fridge... How come its different? I'll have to get the ice cubes out tomorrow, now I know it's ok!!
  12. P

Hi! I'm near the hosp, which side of town are u on? Blake is being referred to Battle Flatts - I use Oak Beck vets normally, where do u go? :wave:
  13. P

Hi folk of RU :wave: Just wondered if any of you have experience of these vets, be it a referral or your regular practice? Thanks :D
  14. P

Advice re: three buns... UPDATE 12/7

Just wanted to update that Dude had bloods done to check organ function etc and urine to test for diabetes. Everything come back fine so just upped pellets and panacuring incase its worms. He seems like he may have put on a bit of weight but has a check up next week to see... The bad news is...
  15. P

Thanks Jacqui :) No they're in separate sheds and I wouldn't like to half the space which Blake and hope have, to squeeze Bella into the back with a partition again really. I've got the vets at 7pm but may not get bloods back until tomorrow - I hate the waiting! :( Mark thinks its fairer to...
  16. P

Cheers Angie!! Haha!! Would your services be on offer?! ;)
  17. P

Thanks Janak, am relieved the first reply isn't a total "Nooooo, don't do it"!! I'm dreading tomorrow for Dude, but just want to start preparing myself mentally :(
  18. P

I have currently got 2 pairs but Dude is in for blood tests 2mrw as I think his kidneys may be failing :( I know I may be getting ahead of myself, but in anticipation of him not being here much longer, I'm already panicking about the bun he's currently bonded with. She's quite a feisty German...
  19. P

Megazorb problems - dust

^ what she said! ;) haven't heard of this Fitch stuff but am off to Google it!! Thanks for all replying, at least I know I need to source another option :)
  20. P

Megazorb problems - dust

Evening all :) I bought megazorb tonight from my usual place and just got litter trays ready for change over day tomorrow. This bag is so dusty it's unreal and it smells weird too :-/ The bits of pulp don't seem as chunky as usual either. Anyone had any similar megazorb issues recently...
Back