• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. F

Whats the best hay?

I currently get small bags of excell herbage, forage excell, p@h timothy hay or there standard stuff if it looks reasonably green and nice. I do want to get some nicer hay for my buns though. I've tried ordering the sample pack from the hay experts and they ate all of it showing no obvious...
  2. F

Sore Hocks - running out of ideas - update - not going well

My rex Rosie has had sore hocks for a while now, it's only currently on one foot (it was on both but it seems to have improved) but often leads to disturbing bloody foot prints in the garden. Currently we've tried; 1, Plasters on her feet - these last around 2 days even with additional...
  3. F

Bucks changing temprement with spayed Doe?

I currently have two long bonded bunnies, Rosie, a recently spayed doe (as of a couple of months ago) and Humphrey a neutered buck (neutered over a year ago). They are around 1.5 years old and being litter mates have only had one period of seperation a week after we got them as 2 females and...
  4. F

Rubber Matting for Sore Hocks

One of my buns has recently got sore hocks which though it is clearing up a bit now has got me thinking on getting some stable rubber mattingto give them a better surface to walk on. I've read that people have used this before (where i got the idea from) but was wondering what kind of thickness...
  5. F

Poor Rosie has Sore Hocks

My rex rabbit Rosie (too many R's there) has recently developed sore hock. It was looking quite sore just over a week ago when we first found it with broken skin but not really any blood but as she was going in for a risky spay it was felt it would be best to leave it. Anyway she's recovered...
  6. F

Free Ranging a Post Spay Girl

My Rosie's currently recovering well for her spay last thursday and after a worrying first few hours she's back to her normal cheeky bouncy self. She's also desperate to get out in the garden and getting really twitchy with it. How soon can i let her back out into the garden, it's mainly...
  7. F

Got to spay my Rosie - Update - shes OK :D

I don't know if you'll remember but i posted here a couple of weeks about my rabbti Rosie and her aborted spay, for those of you that remeber the details scroll down to the next paragraph, if not here's a review. Baisically i booked her in for her spay on the vet's advice then a day ater...
  8. F

Baytril Fun

I'm currently trying to get baytrill down my Rosie twice a day. My vet said to give her the 0.65ml baytril then give her around 2ml of water afterwards. So far we can get her to swallow the bayril (though she doesn't like it - current plans are to add a bit of ribena tonight to see if that...
  9. F

She can't be spayed but passing blood

I have to rabbits Rosie and Humphrey, Humpherys neutered and Rosie was going to be however there have been complications. About a week ago after booking her in for her spay a few weeks ago i noticed her passing a decent amount of blood complete with a couple of clotty bits. I rang the vets and...
Back