• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. J

Can I help a rabbit rescue?

So I was chatting to a user about my avatar and this idea came up, I'd just like to know if it's actually feasable and if theres a rescue on here that would like this kind of help. So please give me feedback. I do cross stitching. I do a lot of cross stitching, and have a lot of designs and...
  2. J

New rabbit run

I bought a new rabbit run as Desty is insanely clever and insanely destructive. So my mum was at the wholesalers again and fetched a load of these back and reserved one for me. Size : each panel is 25" high and 36 .5 " high I've put them against the hutch on one side a wall on the third and...
  3. J

Update on Charm

So I posted a while back about shaving Charms bottom due to him not grooming himself properly, and before that I posted about him being more inclined to stay in his hutch than usual, although he'd started coming back out again... Well we shaved his bottom, but it got dirty again, so we shaved...
  4. J

Shaving a rabbits bottom

Alright, so I've taken Charm to the local vets three times now for them to shave his bottom with no success, they just wash him and send him back. Well I can and do wash him myself thank you, but they never shave his bottom, and as Charm has no front teeth and actually enjoys laying in his...
  5. J

Concerned for Charm

Lately Charm hasn't been coming out of his hutch...at all! I leave the hutch door open and the hutch was only ever intended as a place the buns could hide in if they wanted privacy, along with a few other places ad it's only 4ft long. But the last few weeks charm hasn't been coming out at all...
  6. J

Cleaning out the cages....

Does anyone else almost die every time they clean out the cages or is it just my quirky little furry family? See the rest of the week Destiny runs amok, usually trying to eat my skirting boards in the hallway or jumping on my sofa. Charm usually lays down watching or grooming her. But come...
  7. J

HVD vacination O_o ?

I think my vet's dyslexic. Which kinda worries me. So I took my buns in for their myxi jabs and booked them in for VHD and the vet and receptionist both corrected me stating that it's HVD. So I got them vaccinated yesterday...and again HVD. Now VHD stands for Viral Haemorrhagic Disease, so what...
  8. J

For the love of...Can someone help with training?

So Destiny has decided that leather is actually a very tasty meal...Only all my seats are leather, same with all their coushens....She'll be fine when I'm in the room, but in the time it takes to go to the loo, she can make such a big hole. I really don't know how to stop her eating my leather...
  9. J

Confused about Vaccs

So I went to my vet and asked if Charm could have a booster as he was vaccinated against myxi 6 months ago and she said no, it's a yearly vaccination, but I was just reading on here and the advice is, as I thought, every 6 months. Also I booked Destiny in for both her jabs. The lady said this...
  10. J

Wow the earth tremour almost killed Charm!

So I was sat up watching stardust and my buns were scampering around on the floor as is normal, when suddenly things started falling onto the floor. Well Destiny had the sense to shelter under a chair, but charm almost got clobbered by a lamp, before he darted into the chimney space. Talk about...
  11. J

Destiny doesn't half know how to scare me!

Don't worry, she's safe now but.... So both Charm and Destiny have full run of my house 24/7 (except my bedroom and kitchen when I'm out or asleep), and I went out with the girls last night to let our hair down and stuff, which I really needed. So I spent the night at their house and my gal...
  12. J

Could someone help me with a siggy?

Well my sister made my current siggy when I got Charm, but I've not had enough decent piccies of him and Destiny to get a new siggy. Now I have and was wondering if someone could take pitty on me and make me a new siggy...Please? Some photos of the buns
  13. J

Spot the buns from the toys!

Alright, well it dawned on me yesterday that my sisters phone is much better than mine and well while I was staying there why not make good use of it? So now here we go, Destiny no longer looks like just a blackness besides Charm: And while I was at it I got some new ones of my piggies:
  14. J

Awesome rabbit toy!

See with Destiny's love of destroying things, Charms soft nature, Acorahs tendancy to bore easily and Dandylions skittishness, finding a toy both buns and guinae pigs will love is hard. Let alone finding something they'll play with me... but endless hours of searching for the ultimate toy has...
  15. J

My mom gave me a scare today.

I got in from work and my mom said I NEED to take charm to the vets as soon as. He's drooling and his eye is pouring gunk! She made it sound so urgent, so I rushed upstaires and pick up the poor bunny to give him a thorough inspection. I dont know whether to be annoyed or relieved. Yes he has a...
  16. J

Indoor rabbit home

So after Destiny managed to close the hutch door all night I've been thinking about getting a new home for them. WITHOUT a door. So Destiny won't lock them both out. This is what I'm thinking of now: SIZE 42"D x 30"W x 38"H As you can see... no door, the buns would never be kept in here but I...
  17. J

Rescues and Christmas...

So as usual I was listening to Rother FM the other day and a rescue lady came on saying that rescues don't rehome animals over Christmas because it is a very hectic time of year and for a frightened animal in a strange place this is a bad thing. Well I've been thinking about it since I heard it...
  18. J

Best Christmas Present ever!

Well, Charm is doing well, he still gets a very messy bum, very easily, but he's happy and Healthy. So as an Early Christmas present I killed three birds with one stone. I got him a girlfriend for Christmas, me a second lovely bunny for Christmas and her a loving forever home for Christmas! Now...
  19. J

Local vet? Sheffield

Does anyone know a local vet for me? I live in S6. Langset road has a 24hour tescoe, go up the side of that and I live on one of the very steep dead end roads. I have just moved house and am now wondering if anyone knows a local vet to register with as everyone hates the bus and a french lop...
  20. J

*sad and angry* Evil rats!

My sister has four bunnies. All outdoor. Two girls who live together and two boys who live seperatly. Well next door has a cat. And as you know, cat's like to bring "presents" home. Well both homes are connected and now there's rodents in the roof of the house and rats roaming the garden...
Back