• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. XMissySJx

Pebbles 2006/7 - 2017.

Yesterday was the end of an era for me, and while my heart is broken, it is also full of happiness and gratefulness that this little lady managed to live such a long, healthy, happy life. Many of you won't know me at all, but some of you from back in the day will. Pebbles came to me in 2007...
  2. XMissySJx

Pebbles and Benji

No, it's just a C shape thats free standing - seems to be holding for now haha, we shall see what happens in a few months :lol:
  3. XMissySJx

Pebbles and Benji

My brother made it for me! They had a pen, but I struggled to pull the thin peg/stake out every time so he made me this, I love it.
  4. XMissySJx

Benji

I've already spoke to you about Benji but it wouldn't be right if I didn't acknowledge his passing here. I was so sad to hear of his passing, because he was a wonderful, happy bunny but also because I know how much he meant to you. In addition to that, he was Domino's brother and after losing...
  5. XMissySJx

Pebbles and Benji

A little update on Pebbles and Benji. Pebbles has recovered really well after the loss of her eye in October, she's now reached the ripe old age of ten years old, which seems absolutely strange to think I joined this forum when I adopted her in 2007 as a young rabbit, estimated to be between 6-9...
  6. XMissySJx

Say hello to Benji!

He's settled in really well, him and Pebbles have no issue being side by side with each other which is really good. Hoping to bond them next weekend.
  7. XMissySJx

Detached Lens

Little update: She's recovering really well, she has taken it all in her stride. When she came home she started eating straight away, tucked into her pellets and behaved like nothing had happened. The wound was covered with a sutured on patch for three days, and then it was taken off. This is...
  8. XMissySJx

Bonding a blind rabbit

Oh that's good. I've bonded many bunnies over the years, but never an elderly or blind bunny.
  9. XMissySJx

Bonding a blind rabbit

..any tips? She's an easy bond, I've had her in pairs, trios, even a four at one point although I ended that because she was left out too much for my liking. She's a total sissy and has always been bottom of the hierarchy, but I am cautious about bonding her because now she has a hyper mature...
  10. XMissySJx

Say hello to Benji!

So, if you saw this thread (http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?459701-Benjamin-A-very-lucky-bunny) you'll recognise this guy! As some of you know, I lost my beautiful Domino of 9.5 years in July, and then I adopted Bertie a little nethie cross to be Pebble's new companion. Bertie...
  11. XMissySJx

Detached Lens

Update - still eating, normal poops, acting as if nothing happened. I was so worried because of her age, but she's taking it all in her stride. I'm so relieved.
  12. XMissySJx

Detached Lens

She was home a grand total of five minutes before she started tucking into her pellets and forage. She's also eaten kale, had some soft hay (can't have normal hay in case it pokes), and she's done a mountain of poos, tooth purred next to me and she groomed me for ten minutes solid. What a wonder...
  13. XMissySJx

Detached Lens

She's also got a new boyfriend lined up, and if they like each other he will be joining the family! He's going to come here and live side by side until she's recovered as they saw each other yesterday through separate areas and they were infatuated with each other, so we think it will help her.
  14. XMissySJx

Detached Lens

She made it through surgery, she's recovering and I can pick her up at 7:30!
  15. XMissySJx

Detached Lens

Yeah, considering the pain is like having a permanent migraine she is doing exceptionally well. I watched her for a long time, and wondered if I was being selfish, if I was doing the right thing but, i know if I let her go over an eye I'd feel terrible because otherwise she is pretty great...
  16. XMissySJx

Detached Lens

I have decided to opt for the surgery. I thought I would lean more to letting her go, but seeing her run around the garden this afternoon has reaffirmed that despite being almost ten years old, she IS in very good health. We're going to have pre op bloods done to check her organ functions etc...
  17. XMissySJx

Detached Lens

My beautiful little Pebbles has had cataracts in both eyes for around six months. Both progress very quickly, and have done right from the start. I have been giving eye drops twice a day, but unfortunately the worse eye looks very different one morning, so I took her to see the vet for a check...
  18. XMissySJx

Bertie.

I don't know how I've got through this week. It's been horrendous. Every morning I have woke up and started crying before I've made it out of bed, and every night I have fought tears as i've fallen asleep. It hurts so much, I loved this rabbit so damn much, I went into his adoption with such an...
  19. XMissySJx

Bertie.

Thank you everyone. I am so, so sad right now. It's such a different kind of grief, but so painful after losing Domino two months ago.
  20. XMissySJx

Bertie.

I can't believe i'm actually writing this, it doesn't seem real. I adopted Bertie on August 15th, and within days we were like best friends. Over the next few weeks we spent every day together, with me being at home because of my ME, and him being in my lounge because he wasn't neutered yet, I...
Back