• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. casu consulto

Are your rabbits nervous around certain people?

I'm curious over this! :? One of my rabbits, Edgar, is very nervous (possibly even afraid) of my sister. She's never even touched him as she isn't really keen on the rabbits anyway. She's always sort of disliked him though and I'm starting to wonder if he's aware of it. She can be quite...
  2. casu consulto

Anyone know where...

I can buy some large grass mats and/or willow type baskets? My house rabbit, Jack, has an ongoing destructive urge. I'm hoping to channel his digging/chewing behaviour onto something I don't mind him destroying instead of plastic litter trays (I'm buying new ones almost monthly!) and figured...
  3. casu consulto

Vaccine question.

My six rabbits are due a booster for both myxi and VHD... They're all previously had single vaccines for both in the past. Having read about the vaccine that works against both myxi and VHD I wanted to ask my vets if they stock this. I'm just not sure what it's called/what I'd be asking for...
  4. casu consulto

Concerned over vets.

My vets, that is! My local vets are a ten minute walk away and so I've always taken my rabbits there for their vaccines. They're not the best vets - recently especially you'd be lucky to see the same vet two days in a row, as they seem to have a lot of different vets who do the odd day there...
  5. casu consulto

Blue eyed rabbits question!

6. casu consulto

Rafferty has a poorly ear.

7. casu consulto

They came back! (:

8. casu consulto

Would you find this strange?

9. casu consulto

Wish me luck!

10. casu consulto

Eeee, excitement! Bunny minding.

My cousin and his family are going away for a week this Monday, so today they're bringing their two young bunnies here so I can look after them. :love: I know very little about them other than he thinks they are lops and they're called Ralphy and Rosie. I've been so, so worried about them...
  11. casu consulto

No longer needed.

Hazel was taken to the vets on Friday morning because she was not eating and was looking uncomfortable. She came home that evening having been given meds and fluids, and we were told she had been eating some hay. On her return home she still did not seem at all 'right' to me, but we had been...
  12. casu consulto

Poorly-sick Hazel. :(

Out of all my rabbits I'd honestly have placed Hazel as the least likely to ever suffer anything like stasis... She's always, always been the least fussy, least complicated one of the bunch. She's usually a little hay munching machine and does a huuuge amount of golden, perfectly rounded poos...
  13. casu consulto

Those with indoor rabbits...

... especially those who have bunnies in their bedroom or with access to their bedroom! Have any of your rabbits ever sat on your bed obsessively licking your pillow - right where you head nornally rests when you sleep?! :shock: Jack's often done this. Yesterday we couldn't find him for half an...
  14. casu consulto

Bonding questions! Please help.

I'm hopefully going to bond my two (now) single lionhead cross bunnies! Amber and Edgar are both spayed/castrated - Amber has previously been bonded to another rabbit but Edgar has not. Edgar has always been right next to other rabbits though, so he's comfortable around them. The two of them...
  15. casu consulto

Stasis - how often can medication be given?

My Barney is a poorly bunny. :cry: On Sunday he was refusing to eat and wanting to sprawl out -- it's happened before and he has seemed quite prone to these episodes ever since we adopted him several years ago. We thought we had caught it early, and after bringing him inside and letting him run...
  16. casu consulto

Opinions, please? Bunny bondings question.

Not really sure what sort of answer or conclusion I'm looking for here... I have six rabbits. Three girls, three boys. Five live outdoors. One lives indoors. The indoor bunny is likely to remain a single rabbit for the forseeable future. He doesn't suffer for this - he lives in my room, and to...
  17. casu consulto

He destroyed the run.

My tiniest, daintiest bunny destroyed his run. :shock: Jack tugged the mesh off an entire corner of the run. The same run two of my larger, stronger pairs of bunnies have used and never broken in three years. And yet Jack spent the hottest afternoon - when the other five were flopping and...
  18. casu consulto

He really doesn't see himself as a rabbit.

I think Jack has a real identity crisis going on. :? He's lived indoors since December, when we found him living as a stray at a couple of months old. More specifically, he and I are roomies and share my room! So he grew very, very close to me and is now my shadow and follows me everywhere...
  19. casu consulto

Bonding boy bunnies.

I'm going to bond Edgar and Jack! <--- Have you seen that? Determination! :lol: Aaanyway, they've seen one another before, and have been in runs side by side in the garden for the past few days, and snuffled through cage bars at one another. Not entirely sure Jack knows he is a rabbit, but...
Back