• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Lillian

Help me find a hutch!

I have spent days looking everywhere I can think of online for appropriate housing for a special needs bunny. What I need Single storey (he's completely blind now) At least 6ft Under £160 Needs to be delivered It doesn't have to be new, but there's nothing second hand on ebay or local ads...
  2. Lillian

Jessi - Dog

Just over two years ago my friend Nicky introduced me to Jessi (a dog who belonged to her friend) and I became Jessi's new dog walker. As the months went by I became good friends with her lovely owner and the family too. Jessi was a difficult dog to begin with, she didn't like me much and...
  3. Lillian

Rosie Rabbit 8 weeks old

I am very heart broken to say baby Rosie passed away this morning after more than 4 weeks battling myxomatosis. She came to me at around 4 weeks old with already full blown myxomatosis. Her eyes were sealed closed under two enormous scabs, she had several nodules on her face, her genitals were...
  4. Lillian

Spot on use - potential mange

Does anyone know how often to apply ivermectin for potential mange (used Xeno 50 Mini Spot On). My friend gave me a couple but without a box so I don't know how often I can use it?
  5. Lillian

Day 19 U/D - can we have some love and support

I've had my little myxi bunny 10 days today, she's around 14 - 17 days into her battle. There's been some ups and downs, we've had GI stasis last weekend, we've had some bladder sludge issues but despite everything she's still going strong. It's been very stressful and upsetting some days. But...
  6. Lillian

Urgent over grooming wounds

Can anyone suggest something to help with bunny overgrooming and causing bleeding? Myxi bun has been constantly licking at her swollen genitals and the skin is cracking and bleeding. I am bathing everything frequently but that encourages her to groom more. I can't put any kind of collar on that...
  7. Lillian

People who's bunnies survived myxomatosis

I recall years ago members who had bunnies go through myxomatosis and seemed to improve greatly over the weeks, so I think one or two members had bunnies survive it? If you are one of those people or remember cases, how long did it take for the swelling in eyes and genitals to start going down...
  8. Lillian

Can anyone do a re-bonding in Surrey

It's really quite important. I had to split a pair as one was very ill, he nearly died but thankfully I was able to save him. He had to live indoors for over a week and have surgery. He's better now and I need him back with his partner but they are just fighting. I have nowhere neutral to rebond...
  9. Lillian

Honey

I cannot get that stench out of my nose... Awful awful flystrike :cry: Honey you've been through so much in the last year, massive dewlap tumours, snuffles, the recent loss of your father and partner Hazel to snuffles. You'd been so miserable since Hazels death. And now this :cry: I am so...
  10. Lillian

Rotten old shed renovation

(Apologies if photos are huge, PB is being a pain in the bottom) We started with a dark, rotten old shed.. My dad removed the leaking, rotten roof, replaced it with a clear plastic one. Ripped the front panels off, replace them with wire. Removed the door and made an aviary door. Ripped the...
  11. Lillian

Help rehoming rabbits - I'm in hospital

I need to rehome at least 2 pairs of rabbits asap. I'm in hospital, been here 9 days, had 2 operations and a slow recovery ahead. My parents have been amazing taking over everything at home but its a massive strain on them and it's going to be quite a while until i'm back on my feet and able to...
  12. Lillian

Need help, pasteurella.

I don't know if anyone saw my thread about Hazel, been so busy. Hazel is very ill. He and his daughter have pasteurella. Hazel hasn't eaten or drank on his own since Thursday. He is so weak, his legs can barely carry him. He has clear sticky mucus coming out of him, no poo at all since...
  13. Lillian

Think Hazel has snuffles - Please help!

He's been a bit quiet for a few days, I put it down to old age but this morning he's got white mucus coming out of his, struggle breathing and small amount of white mucus in his eyes. I've called the vets and he's got an evening appointment. He seems so very weak. If it's snuffles should I be...
  14. Lillian

Trio bonding? South East

As Violet has died today, leaving Roo alone. I need to bond her and I only have pairs left to bond her with. I can't do it myself. I'm in Surrey, my travelling is limited as my parents are disabled and I don't drive. If there's any rescues or individuals who could help, it would be greatly...
  15. Lillian

Violet passed today

In 2007 I fell in love with a petshop bunny, who had bites and bald patches from being bullied by the other rabbits she was kept with. I saw her several times over a few weeks, then decided to go back and buy her. She was sold to me as a 12 week old male but a fortnight later she had a litter of...
  16. Lillian

Homer (cat) 05/10/2007 - 08/02/2013

I don't even know what to say here... Everyone always commmented on what a beautiful cat he was. My mum found him advertised in the local paper, a while after our elderly dog had passed away, she couldn't face getting another dog at the time, and decided she'd prefer a cat. We went to view him...
  17. Lillian

Pooka 12/12/09 - 20/07/12

The day Pooka arrived I was shocked at the state of him, I actually cried. I took him to the vet, he had ear, eye and respiratory infections, dental disease and sore hocks. Most of his time with me he needed regular treatments, for many issues. As of the last few months he became incontinent and...
  18. Lillian

Taking Pooka to be PTS

Got an emergency appointment at 4.45pm :cry:
  19. Lillian

Gorgeous little Frankendoodle!

My poor little girl, feeling rather poorly Nothing a bit of Leopard Print can't fix - She's too like her mum :lol: Vibes for my precious girl, off to the vets in a minute :(
  20. Lillian

Newest family member

Weee bubba
Back