• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. J

Soft poo

If she's overweight then it might be that she's finding it hard to reach round and eat her caecotrophs and clean up her bottom?
  2. J

my rabbit won't drink from his bottle

Most bottles that are marketed for rabbits I find hardly give out any water so the rabbits have to try really hard to get enough out, plus the damn things sometimes stick so nothing comes out at all.. try a heavy bowl [like a ceramic dog bowl or I use a pyrex dish] instead - much easier to have...
  3. J

Shadow and kitten in the garden :)

I never usually post photos but I quite like this one :) It's a shame about the bit of bush on Kitten's face though :(
  4. J

back from the vets, its not mites its

Ringworm *is* a fungal infection, and you can test for it under UV light or Wood's lamp.. I really don't understand why it would take 3 weeks to test for it.. It's very easily treated but it doesn't sound like it to me....
  5. J

hutch covers - anyone make their own?

I just bought an excessively big tarpaulin from Robert Dyas, that's folded over several times and has a car windscreen sun reflector thing slotted in it when it's cold :)
  6. J

Post Mortems * WARNING VERY EMOTIVE SUBJECT *

The thought of it doesn't bother me in the slightest, after all a dead anything is just the shell of what used to be there. The person/animal's energy is no longer in that shell, so I have no issue with it [the same with me, I am on a register to donate my body to medical research and I am on...
  7. J

Urgent, Fosterers in Hampshire/Kent/Sussex

I'm down in Brighton, can help a couple of buns temporarily if needed :)
  8. J

Where do you store your hay?

Mine's in the hessian sack it comes in, in the 'pet cupboard' in the hallway. Bit messy but I've got laminate floors so it sweeps away easily :)
  9. J

Tragic News.

I'm so very sorry :(
  10. J

Cecotropes Question (P@H bun)

You could try reducing the pellets right down to a spoonful? Hopefully it'll clear up his bum and make him eat more hay :)
  11. J

Storing hay

I just keep my big bale of Dust Free Hay in a cupboard.
  12. J

Blue eyed bun in P@H

Like this one? http://blog.rabbitnetwork.org/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/Punky.jpg
  13. J

Just found a website for one of the P@H suppliers

Well I'm pretty sure I shouldn't.. I didn't think naming and shaming was allowed in case of libel.
  14. J

Just found a website for one of the P@H suppliers

:censored::censored::censored::censored: I know I can't post it up on here but I am so angry.. In the process of writing the :censored::censored: a hefty email :evil::evil::evil:
  15. J

on what grounds can the rspca cease animals

I think generally if the RSPCA is called out to somewhere and the animal is not in "immediate danger" [although that seems to vary from officer to officer] then all they can do is serve an improvement notice [if something is actually wrong such as enclosure size, food etc, which it sounds like...
  16. J

Do you have a favourite bun?

Well I don't *really* think they are vile obviously, but I don't have a favourite out of my two :)
  17. J

Bathing bunnies

It's yet another genius idea from Snugglesafe :roll: Put it in the corner next to the 'chewproof' bunny warren tube thing.
  18. J

Please Help U/D LAST PICS OF BABY B4 GOING :0)

I don't think he's deformed - he looks more like s/he is underweight and that makes him/her look hunched up - I have had elderly ratties who have lost a lot of weight and developed a similar posture, so hopefully if s/he puts on some weight s/he may look more 'normal' :)
  19. J

The 'use' of animals in vetinary training

When I was at an agricultural college studying applied science and animal management I wanted to train to be a vet [I still do, I left because of money problems :(] I had to dissect some animals.. including rats, which are very dear animals to me.. It was very difficult but I figured that if I...
  20. J

Has Excel Changed - Please Help

The last bag I bought of the 'light' stuff smells like plastic :?
Back