• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. K

Cheeky Leon April 2007 - 27th May 2017

Leon was helped to the bridge today. His back legs and hips were riddled with arthritis. Unfortunately painkillers weren't helping in the end and struggled to get about. We will miss your cheeky little face. You were such an amazing little bunny. I hope you will be comfortable now and...
  2. K

Eldery bunny with arthritis - worried about pain

Hi Leon is now 10 years old. He is now suffering from arthritis in his back legs. He struggles to get about now. Doesn't venture far from his mat in the house, which was never like him,no surface would phase him. over the past month now one his front legs has starting sticking out to the...
  3. K

Saying goodbye again

Hi Sorry not sure if this the right place to post. Just wanted to vent. Last December we had to say goodbye to my 8 1/2year old bunny Sammy. Still miss him so much. I hate that'll never see his little grumpy face again. As it was winter at the time we decided not to do anything with his...
  4. K

Should diet change as rabbit gets older?

Hi My rabbit is now 8 1/2 years old. Unfortunately he gets a messy bum quite a lot now. The past year I have cut down on his greens but I feel he has only got worse. He gets a good handful of science selective pellets twice a day with one small handful of greens. He has unlimited hay but can...
  5. K

Have a good rest Sammy

Sammy was helped to the bridge yesterday. We will miss you very much my gorgeous little guy. The past two weeks we saw you go down hill quickly :cry: You lost a lot of weight. You usually liked to be a solitary little bun but certainly loved the fuss and nose rubs as you got weaker. I wonder...
  6. K

ec or something else?

Hi Taking bun to vets tomorrow but would just like opinions - Since September Sammy has been to the vet a few times due to a snuffily / wheezy sound when he breathes. Vets cant agree if noise is from chest, lungs or neither. He has been given several courses of antibiotics, first course...
  7. K

Bunny greasy after ear drops

Hi My little bunny had to have a minor op to remove some cysts near the base of his ears. He is doing well and about a week ago he finished his course of ear drops. The ear drops have made is the fur round about his ears and head greasy. Just wondered when the greasy look will dog away. I...
  8. K

Wheezy and slight head tilt.

Hi Just wanted to post for advice. My 8 1/2 year old rabbit started breathing funny about three months ago. He was sounding really snufflily. He has been to the vet four times. He has been given several courses of antibiotics, usually he seems to sound better then the snuffling returns a few...
  9. K

Tips for give baytril

Hi Both my rabbits have been given liquid antibiotics that I have to give the orally - that ain't happening:shock: Can anyone recommend a good food/ way to get them to take the antibiotics?
  10. K

Nail broken off, holding up paw

Hi Just looking for advice. My rabbit seems to be favouring his right paw. He is putting weight on it but when he is sitting up he tends told hold it up a little. It turns out one of his nails has broken off. It looks broken down at the toe but it hasn't been completely pulled out. It looks...
  11. K

Vet choices / charges on pts

Hi Sorry for the morbid post. Thankfully my bunnies are very healthy but getting on a bit. Dreading the day I have to make a decision about there health should something happen:cry: Anyway just wanted to prepare myself so I'm not standing at reception desk having to make decisions when I'm in...
  12. K

What's the easy way to give pancur?

If I am unable to administer it straight into there mouth can I put it on to food?
  13. K

Damp underneath/paws - uti?

Hi One of our buns has been damp underneath for a few days now. He's not soaking wet but he usually leaves little damp marks on ground or towel. His hutch is clean. We gave a him a bath (if you can call it that) but it hasn't helped. He is nearly 8. We have just moved house recently but he...
  14. K

Making garden private

Hi Just moved into a new house where we have a 6 foot fence. It's great but not very private as you can see through the slats in the fence. Plus I want to let the bunnies out but next door has a dog, so don't think that will go down well. We tried bamboo cane screening but it doesn't make a...
  15. K

Should I put less hay in hutch when warm?

Hi Just about to do the mid week clean out. The bunnies look like they are struggling. I have bought a fan for them and sat it in front of the hutches. I have ice pods but they don't bother with them. Anyway usually I put a huge mound of fresh hay in one of the corners of the hutch but...
  16. K

New house - not using litter trays

Hi We have just recently moved. The bunnies are fine apart from the change in toilet habits. They still have the same hutches but are now peeing and pooping outside of litter tray. Will this stop or is there something I can do ?
  17. K

Urine stained bunny

Help! Poor sammys's tail is saturated in urine stain. We have recently moved house. he is eating and pooing fine but he isn't using his litter tray like he used too so I'm assuming this because of the move. Anyway he is doing the toilet outside is litter tray:(. It looks as if he's pee'd...
  18. K

What do you put in the litter trays indoors?

At the moment I just put sheets of newspaper, so I have to keep changing everytime they pee in it. Is there anything I can use that's absorbent but not messy. Every now and then the bunnies kick their feet and I end up with little splashes everywher:(
  19. K

Moving house - How will the effect bunnies

Hi We are actually moving twice this year. Is there anything I should know that will help the move go easier on the bunnies? I'm thinking it will be ok. There practically no travel time involved. They will be in the same hutches however they will have a different view from their runs. They...
  20. K

Is anyone else able to leave their bunny or bunnies free ranging alone in house?

It just occurred to me today (after 7 years:shock:) how trusted little Sammy is. We both work all day so when I get home I like the bunnies to be out their hutches as much as possible. They get outdoor and indoor excercise time. If we need to go out we know we can leave Sammy in the house...
Back