• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. L

Hare w. twig stuck in her mouth??

This is my 1st post since losing my beloved Mimi in Dec. There is a hare I named Tilly who I love feeding in my yard, she often eats branches, too. Today, just now, as she was eating, a twig got stuck in her mouth :( She's fussed w. it unsuccessfully to remove it & as much as she's friendly w...
  2. L

Forever in my heart, Mimi

I can't believe I'm writing this :cry: My darling Mimi passed yesterday. Less than a month 'til she'd have turned 9. On Sept. 18th, she was lethargic, no appetite, & a new vet suspected fluid in her lungs, & determined she had 3hrs to live. She was aggressive & angry w/ me when I said I won't...
  3. L

Orchard Grass vs. Timothy Hay?

Hi there :) Is one superior? Mimi LOVES the soft pieces, & recently the lady @ the store recommended Orchard Grass - genius! I never knew it even existed, for yrs I'd be sorting the Timothy hay to find the pieces she loves. Ended up buying both after reading somewhere Timothy is essential...is...
  4. L

Jack Rabbit on the football field -

Not my personal bun's story, lol, but I do hope you enjoy! 40 seconds in, the "TOUCHDOWN DANCE!!!!!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJiDlmTOcOg
  5. L

Noise vs stress?

Hi - sorry for the stupid, overprotective bunny mommy q.s, but - amidst my paint fumes worry, it hadn't occurred to me the noise re-flooring would bring: hammers pounding, drills, saws, etc. I eventually moved Mimi to an upstairs room w/ a different cage but she hid under the bed most of the...
  6. L

Re-painting

Will fumes be hard on my bun? I was thinking of moving her to a room upstairs but getting her from the carry cage to the cage w/o her running off (& crashing into a wet painted wall no doubt) - will be such a challenge! :? If I crack a window & move her around on this main level, should that be...
  7. L

Moving Bunny to London?

I'm in Ontario, Canada, looking into moving - Mimi will be 8 next month, quite healthy and happy, though traumatized by a recent death in our family (she was always mine, but has since attached herself to me!). The flight is 8-ish hrs. Is this even...do-able? I can't imagine leaving her here...
  8. L

Favorite greens?

Just wondering what your bunnies enjoy :) Fussy Mimi loves collard & kale, which I learned aren't good for her, as well she loves cilantro (for a long time she was fine w. this, then it began causing soft poos), sooo bok choy is her fav at the moment. Which veggies do your bunnies like?
  9. L

Apt. living - Bug Spray concerns for my bunny

Hi there!! Haven't posted in so long, hope all bunnies are doing well! Parents, too :) My lop, Mimi, has been raised in my carpeted house for 7 years, and I'm now considering moving to an apt. The last one I lived in, that I hope to return to, does bug sprays throughout the building sometimes...
  10. L

Healthy treats?

My bunny, Mimi, is now a healthy 5 year old. I was quite amazed at the great year she'd been having, and then - stasis! She's fully recovered, thankfully. It was an absolute nightmare and then I realized the cause - CORN, tons of it, in her newest snack (the previous ones she'd had have been...
  11. L

Spayed and buzzing!

Mimi is 3.5yrs old, was spayed around 5 months, and is once again buzzing, as of just now! Is this just a sign of happiness? For what it's worth, she was running for her treat bowl! Thanks for any insights :)
  12. L

Fresh veg. necessary? Are guinea pig sticks okay for her?

Out of no where, Mimi began getting diarrhea from veg. (kale, carrots, broccoli, apple pieces, collard greens). We took the fresh food away and her droppings have been very healthy, she get pellets and eats lots of hay (more hay than pellets). This is okay, right? The vet said she wants her back...
  13. L

Christmas wishes from Mimi :)

(sorry about the size of the last one!)
  14. L

Mimi's ready for Halloween!

I felt like Nigel Barker, snapping her from all angles yesterday LOL Edited to add: sorry about the size!! :(
  15. L

Syringe med. problem :(

Mimi's ears are both infected :( She's got baytrill again and now an oral med. I'm near tears right now, I CANNOT hold her down, she's a fighter. She has to get it 2x/day and I'm finding that if I put a tiny bit on her paw she'll clean it off but, oh, the struggle. What's most frustrating is...
  16. L

Itchy spot on her back foot...

For several months, we've been noticing a dark spot on top of her back foot that she's always picking at. Not *always* :p but often. The vet said it's probably just be a habit of hers, nothing to worry about and I'm kind of okay w/ that (we've been through much worse!) but still - is anyone...
  17. L

What's the name of the website w/ bunny pics...?

I hope this is okay to ask on this board! I'd heard it mentioned on this site, I think. Something-bunny.com or rabbit.com, w/ cute pics....Might start w/ a "D" but I'm not sure.... My computer died and I need to find my "favorites" again! Thanks in advance :) Been searching forever for this.
  18. L

Some pics of Mimi :)

(sorry, in advance, about the sizes!):
  19. L

Syringe feeding Mimi now :(

Wish me luck. She hasn't been eating well, a tummy rub helped before but this morning she really held out, so we took her to the vet. Her dr. isn't in and there isn't another vet who treats bunnies in this city :( A tech. showed me how to syringe feed and struggled herself to get some into my...
  20. L

Protective of your bunny pics?

Am I odd for being like this? Mimi's got her own album on myspace and I've got this "friend" who asked for one of her pics (I had on MSN messenger) to be emailed to him months ago (I didn't) and just today he sent me pics his friend sent to him (of bunnies). I got totally freaked out about this...
Back