• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. S

Front leg possible bone tumor with fracture? Impossible decision :'(

Hi there Today has been just awful. This morning I had to take two buns to the vets and not only did I have to make the sad decision to say a final farewell to my forum namesake Squiffy (a not-so-mini lop, who at 11 yrs old had a fantastic innings despite a lifetime of peculiar congenital...
  2. S

Undiagnosed eye growth

Thank you Parsnipbun, I'll go check my mail :-) Will keep you posted xxx
  3. S

Smoking indoors with rabbits?

This is something that concerns me too for ANY animal owners who smoke in the room they share with rabbits, cats, dogs and other critters. It's like people now know they shouldn't do that with babies or children (or other adults for that matter), so why is it different for animals?? It is an...
  4. S

Rimadyl panic

Well, I assumed it was 'season' related, but am alarmed now as I am sure my vet mentioned something about blood in urine possibly being related to it!? Aarghhh not very comforting to think maybe the vet doesn't know rabbits as well as one would hope or expect?? I think the vet mentioned that a...
  5. S

Undiagnosed eye growth

I honestly have no clue if she has any dutch in her I'm afriad. She's pretty big for a dwarf lop I think, but no other clues to her heritage :/ Certainly the surface of Squiffy's eye at the moment and most other times has looked most like Jane's first post...
  6. S

Casper and Poppy - root tooth abcess's- U/D shes gone..

Sending some twitchy-nosed magic for Casper :) xxx
  7. S

Rimadyl panic

Hmm, well Munchkin is still looking better, has been eating a bit more and pooing a bit better (although they are small & hard so trying to get her to eat more hay/grass). However this morning, thinking perhaps it was time to go back to the bunny shed for a daytime 'visit', I put Munchkin on...
  8. S

Undiagnosed eye growth

Thanks Parsnipbun - have sent you a PM :)
  9. S

Undiagnosed eye growth

Wow, that's really helpful thank you! If it were EC would it or should it have responded to Panacur? I haven't Panacur'd or Myxo'd Squiffy for a while since she's been on other meds and they said until she's well this may compromise her health or its effect (can't remember which, possibly...
  10. S

Rimadyl panic

Thanks Jane and Lobo for your kind responses. My little Munch has finally had a poop (well several actually now!) and is bouncing around as I type! OMG I'm so relieved (as is she, teehee). Honestly though, thank you so much for your helpful advice and support today. I have been a bit of a mess...
  11. S

Undiagnosed eye growth

Ooo it certainly looks like it could be, though the name sounds familiar and may have been mentioned / treated for such already? I don't really understand much of the medical/veterinary terminology used on the page, but I will forward that link to my vet to see if it's been considered - or worth...
  12. S

Undiagnosed eye growth

Hi All My bunny Squiffy has had an eye problem since Nov 09 - I have paid over £300 so far in numerous vets appointments and unsuccesful treatments. You name it they've tried it including baytril, Ceporex inj, Gentcin, Tiacil, Fucithalmic drops, Cyclosporin, crystapen, ...some did help a bit...
  13. S

Rimadyl panic

Thank you Jane, that's really helpful xx (\__/) (>’.’<) (")_(")
  14. S

Rimadyl panic

Thank you for your quick response Jane, you are like a guardian angel of the bunnies and for this board! Good to know one dose of Rimadyl shouldn't be a problem. Could her quietness be because she's a bit spaced out from the painkillers and stress/poking from a vet visit? I'll keep her warm, but...
  15. S

Rimadyl panic

Hi there, I took my little bunny Munchkin to the vet today as she's not been eating much (cursary nibbles) and hasn't been pooing. On Monday night (last night) I brought her indoors as she'd spent much of Monday huddled in the bunny shed shivering. Bringing her in perked her up loads and she's...
  16. S

White sore on 2nd eyelid, sticky eye

Took Squiffy back to vets today - saw a different vet. He confirmed it is pasteurella infection of the tear duct, resulting in necrosis of the tissue (white 'ulcer' looking thing was dead tissue). He administered a local anaesthetic and took her out the back to flush her tear duct and scrape...
  17. S

I'll certainly take your suggestion into consideration, thank you :) I've had a look online and not seen anything that looks like the thing she has. It's more like the kind of mouth ulcer type thing us humans get, only white. I'll try and post up a pic later, which should help...
  18. S

Hi all Just wondering if anyone has come across this... One of my buns has a white sore inside her right second eyelid which is producing a small amount of very sticky white goo. I took her to the vets last week and was prescribed Baytril and some antibiotic eye drops. I've finished the course...
  19. S

Overdose of Panacur!!

Hi again OK so it's now 2 days since the slip up and my bunny seems absolutely fine - obviously this is FANTASITC news for me (and her) but also i think this is really useful info for all you guys to know just in case. Despite the fact that I'm an experienced rabbit keeper, this was very much...
  20. S

Overdose of Panacur!!

Hi all Just started a new tube of Panacur and stupidly forgot to wind down the dosing measure and one of my buns just got nearly a full tube!!! Nightmare! :shock: I've spoken to the vets (who hadn't had a case of this) who have contaced the poisons department. They have only heard of 3...
Back