• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. G

Beans relaxing

Sorry for poor quality of photo it was a quick snap as he’d spotted me. Clearly he was relaxing after scattering hay artfully!
  2. G

Those that have house buns...

Is it just me that feels incredibly guilty when they are snoozing or relaxed and you accidentally disturb them? I didn’t have lunch today because Beans was flopped out snoozing by the fridge freezer and I would have woken him. There’s dirty crockery piled up on the side rather than in the...
  3. G

And for my next trick....

(the prequel to the other video). I shall knock the middle box and ink pad out whilst leaving the bottom box and top ink pad in situ! https://imgur.com/a/n4tJlhD
  4. G

Beans binkying!

Taken about 6 weeks ago, but this is a similar performance to the one we had this evening! Please excuse the mess and my knee! https://imgur.com/a/0BrHb3S
  5. G

Pickle trying to get rid of the taste of baytril!

Watch with the sound on for best effect! You might need to scroll down a bit too. Sorry the camera work is a bit dodgy. I was kneeling down with him on the sofa and he’d been trying to escape over my shoulder. https://m.imgur.com/a/vfdvEH0
  6. G

Vibes for Pickle Please U/D back to the vets.

When I started working from home due to Covid 19 I noticed that Pickle snored. I assumed I’d just never noticed before as I was working near him with no TV or radio on. He was due to have his vaccinations the day after lockdown started. Obviously, the vet cancelled this, but I managed to...
  7. G

Can rabbits sleep with their eyes open?

As per title really, I’m getting to see a lot more of the bunnies whilst working from home!
  8. G

Pickle the Destroyer Strikes Again!

Well, I didn’t actually witness him in the act, but Beans is much better behaved.... I have a very lovely and expensive (£190) die cutting machine. Think an old fashioned mangle but electrically operated that uses metal shapes and the pressure between the rollers to cut designs out of paper and...
  9. G

Brooms...

Why is it that whether I sweep out the rabbits, either inside with a soft brush, or outside with a hard broom, you sweep up all the poo and then when you lift your broom it to put it away, a secret poo stash inside it tumbles out?!
  10. G

Bake Off Vet

So last night on Bake Off, Noel was talking to the competitor who’s a vet about difficult animals to treat, she came out with “Rabbits, they just want to die”. Was it just me who thought, maybe you need some more training on how to treat them then?
  11. G

I’m not sure that’s comfy...

Surely just lying in it the other way round would have been more comfortable Beans? He was having fun under the table earlier on, so no wonder he needed a nap.
  12. G

Pickle is a git.

So, after he decided that hiding not just behind, but under the fridge freezer was fun and I had to lure him out with a trail of bits of fenugreek crunchies, I blocked it off a few months ago. I did this by bending some mesh in a u shape and wedging it in the gap, with the fold outwards, if that...
  13. G

Bald patch above eye

So I’ve come home from work today and just noticed that Beans has a large bald patch above his left eye. He doesn’t seem bothered by it, but what has caused it? He does interact with Pickle through the bars. It doesn’t look particularly inflamed. He is moulting heavily at the moment, but eating...
  14. G

Eye damage?

Herb was (the rescue thinks) born with a cataract in his left eye. I’m pretty sure he has no sight in it. Yesterday when grooming him, I noticed that the surface of his eyeball looked to have a “worn” dull area in the centre of it. He’s otherwise fine in himself. Took him to the vet today who...
  15. G

The latest diet aid...

I was going to go and get some lunch, but I couldn’t bring myself to disturb Beans! I gave it half an hour and then went back. Perhaps I should just nip to the shops...
  16. G

Beans says Hi

Beans decided that he deserves some attention for being a good boy and not destroying anything today! And just in case you didn’t see it on the bonding thread - this is Pickle demonstrating nicely why he gets away with being a terror and destroying things...
  17. G

I’ve no idea how Pickle is still alive!

Came downstairs this morning and Pickle greeted me at the baby gate. He demanded his morning nose rub and then jumped up onto the tub so that he was as close as possible to the breakfast fenugreek crunchies. All perfectly normal behaviour. As I came out of the kitchen with my coffee, I glanced...
  18. G

Thanks Herb...

So, I went out to secure the shed for the evening. For once in the fine weather, none of the neighbours were sat out in their gardens and there was no washing on the lines. I figured that as Willow and Herb are currently moulting like crazy, I’d groom them. Managed to catch Willow Chops and...
  19. G

Worms in poo? Graphic photo alert!

So, just cleaned out Pickle and Beans litter trays and discovered what I think are worms in Beans poo. Not seen any sign of them before now. Obviously, I’ll call the vets tomorrow, but had a few questions for RU wisdom to answer. Having had rabbits for 20 years this is the first time I’ve...
  20. G

Yes? Can I help you?

I was sleeping thank you ... now go away... Pickle is doing a great job at preventing late night snacking. I daren’t risk the wrath of a nethie to get near the cupboards! Beans is also doing his bit, sat on his snugglesafe in front of the fridge/freezer, you can just make him out.
Back