• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Rosie Rabbit

Paddy and Magik Say Hello!

Hello RU :wave: I used to be a regular poster here but haven't been around very much for a long time. I still recognise lots of you though ;) I thought it was about time to venture back and introduce the bunnies I have now :D I used to post about Paddy (he's the brown and white bun) on RU...
  2. Rosie Rabbit

Last Christmas Eve ...

... Paddy was dumped in a box on the doorstep of a rescue in Edinburgh, along with his mum and siblings. :( This is him today :D
  3. Rosie Rabbit

Got a Lovely Card in the Post ...

... from Brigitte Lord, saying how sorry she was that we'd lost Benji, and that she knew how much we loved him and we were in her thoughts. It was a lovely handmade card with a mountain hare on the front. :) For those who don't know, she didn't put Benji to sleep, but was treating him at the...
  4. Rosie Rabbit

Benji

Benji sadly had to be put to sleep yesterday after several months of ill-health. He was only a baby, not even a year old. He was left in a box along with his mum and siblings on the doorstep of a rescue in Edinburgh on Christmas Eve 2009. Thankfully, they were found and were taken into the...
  5. Rosie Rabbit

Low Blood Pressure in Rabbits

Has anyone ever experienced this with their bun? Benji has had biopsies today by keyhole surgery (clicky) and Brigitte Reusch/Lord told me that she has never treated a rabbit with low blood pressure before. :shock: I was pretty surprised, especially as she is one of the country's top rabbit...
  6. Rosie Rabbit

Laparoscopic Liver Examination and Biopsy

Just wondering if anyone else's bun has ever had a liver exam by keyhole surgery or a liver biopsy before? Benji is seeing Brigitte Reusch/Lord tomorrow and will be having this procedure, as apparently he has a very small liver and the veins to the liver are all abnormally enlarged. He's been...
  7. Rosie Rabbit

Been to see Brigitte Lord (Reusch) - U/D He's Gone

Further to Benji's gut problems and weight loss ( THREAD HERE ), we took him (with Paddy for moral support!) to the Royal D1ck Vet School in Edinburgh yesterday and he saw Brigitte Reusch. He has had lots of tests today under sedation - bloods, x-rays, ultrasound, etc, and will have more...
  8. Rosie Rabbit

Eating and Spitting Out Poops - pics (sorry!)

I have no idea if anyone else's bunnies do this, or whether it's just mine who have such charming habits! Basically, when Paddy bends down to eat caecotrophs, it's as if he takes both caecal pellets and faeces and then has a chew, determines which ones are which and lets the faeces drop out...
  9. Rosie Rabbit

Rabbiting On - Stinky!!

Does anyone else find that Rabbiting On mag always has a really strong chemical smell? :? I'm quite sensitive to strong smells, so it might just be me, but I always find it really stinky! Makes me want to wash my hands after touching it. :rabbit2:
  10. Rosie Rabbit

Losing Weight and Squishy Poos U/D post 49, 12th Aug

Will try and keep this as brief as possible. Around the end of April, Paddy and Benji had some grass from the garden and since then, Benji's poos have been quite soft, dark and squidgy. It is definitely the faecal droppings, not caecotrophes, which are the problem. They have had no veg for a...
  11. Rosie Rabbit

Paddy and Benji Pics

I haven't posted any photos of my two little rascals for ages, so get ready for pic overload :D Benji nomming his broccoli Paddy getting in on the act "Groom me Benji" Whatcha looking at? In contemplative mood Do I look handsome today? Dozy bunnies Sleeping in the sun...
  12. Rosie Rabbit

Megazorb Smells Damp and Musty

We've just started using Megazorb since we got Paddy and Benji 7 weeks ago, so I'm not quite sure how it normally smells, but I'd appreciate your input. :wave: As P&B are housebunnies, we keep the sack of Megazorb in the shed and decant some into a small plastic lidded box to keep inside. I...
  13. Rosie Rabbit

Bald Patch (pics) - Reaction to Cylap VHD Vaccine?

Paddy and Benji had their VHD vacs yesterday and this evening I have noticed Paddy nibbling and grooming at his leg. I've discovered there's a bald patch about the size of a 2p piece at the top of one of his front legs. I managed to get some pics of it - it looks clean and he seems pretty much...
  14. Rosie Rabbit

Introducing Paddy and Benji - U/D more pics post 16

Some of you may remember my post a couple of weeks ago in Rabbit Chat HERE about 2 bunnies which we planned to rehome. Paddy and Benji (previously Chestnut) are brothers, about 6 months old and were abandoned with their mother and sister on Christmas Eve in a box on the doorstep of Paws Here, a...
  15. Rosie Rabbit

I Have Some Good News ... U/D They're Home!

... I'm going to be a bunny mummy again! :D :D :D We have been without bunnies since we lost Rosie last November and we've been missing her so much. It just didn't feel right to get more buns straightaway. We knew we would get more bunnies at some point soon, and that point seems to have...
  16. Rosie Rabbit

I Have Some of Rosie's Fur

When Rosie was put to sleep on Monday, our vet asked us if we'd like a little of her fur. I was quite taken aback as I've never been asked this before, although I haven't had a bunny put to sleep for 5 years. So, we came home with a little of Rosie's fur in a bag, which is actually really nice...
  17. Rosie Rabbit

Rosie

Rosie came into our lives on 4th November 2004. She had been found living in a cemetery in Dundee and was taken in by the Scottish SPCA. We saw her on Rabbit Rehome, went to see her and fell in love with her there and then. She came to live with us as a housebunny and we have had 5 wonderful...
  18. Rosie Rabbit

Not Great News About Rosie - U/D She's Gone

In the 5 weeks or so since Rosie saw Emma Keeble at the Small Animal Hospital in Edinburgh, her lung problems unfortunately haven't improved at all. Her eye problems have got worse as well. She has variously been on Septrin, Flagyl, Metacam, Zantac, Bisolvon powder, Maxitrol eye drops, and...
  19. Rosie Rabbit

Swollen Ear

Just before we left the vet hospital today with Rosie (saga in Rabbit Chat!) I noticed one of her ears was quite swollen. It's just like a "thick ear" really - feels heavier and bigger than the other one, and it's a bit inflamed. We took her back in and the vet had a look (they didn't spot it...
  20. Rosie Rabbit

Consultation With Emma Keeble - U/D post 19 - She's Home!

I posted a couple of weeks ago in Health about the problems Rosie has been having recently - mainly uveitis and eye problems, along with chesty noises. Thanks to those who gave advice on my thread. ( http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=196286 ) Just wanted to update to say that...
Back