• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. P

Poppy going downhill U/D RIP Poppy x

Sudden onset ear infection, under treatment, was showing improvement and then woke up this morning to a wobbly bunny :-( She's just had a run on the lawn, hops fine then rolls. Can see a slight tilt starting. Totally gutted. Thought this morning it might be concurrent ec and hind limb weakness...
  2. P

URGENT Bunny vet needed in Oldham please

Asap bunny been in severe stasis couple of days already. Any recommendations? Oldham or Manchester way please :wave:
  3. P

Grey tongue/mouth. U/D we lost him :-(

This might be a completely obvious question but one that when I think about it I am just not sure? Surely all 'well' mammals have nice pink gums and a pink tongue? Mini's tongue is bluey/grey tonight, as are his gums. This immediately made me think he is either anemic or poorly oxygenated, or...
  4. P

Rabbit eating waste droppings associated with Ileus

Anyone experienced this before? I haven't, until now! Mini has been a bit quiet the last day or two and the night before last we discovered that overnight he had produced just one solitary dropping :( He was bright enough but sitting in his tray doing not very much. He devoured some profibre...
  5. P

Introducing Mini

We have a new addition to our family :D This is Mini :love: He is basically Poppy, just a little smaller and a sooty orange/fawn. He is blind in one eye but is a very friendly little chap and has been with us almost a week now. He is from a lovely private rescue in Bedfordshire called...
  6. P

Autumn leaf fall warning (fruit trees)

Just a little warning now that the leaves have properly started to drop and the wind is bringing many down today. Have spent weekend cleaning up a mucky bum on Poppy, two bottom washes in one day... looks like another needed today:cry: despite being kept in all day yesterday. Stupidly we know...
  7. P

FAO Jane

http://www.rspca.org.uk/inyourarea/petsearch/details/-/Pet/RONALDO/ref/80677/rehome/ What do you think? :love: Sort of having another look locally in case any old boy suitable for Pops. Ronaldo is too young really and to be honest I'm not sure i'm up to Rex feet and heart problems :? but I...
  8. P

A few pics from Sammy's special day! (baby thread!)

From last wknd for anyone interested! Despite the rain we had a lovely family gathering for Sammy's Naming Day and a very posh afternoon tea :D :love: The venue (where we got married almost exactly 2 years ago to the day) This was at the end hence mummy the last to leave trailing balloons...
  9. P

Another P@H genius idea....NOT!

Finally got around to emailing my complaint today as thus: Dear Pets at Home, I am writing to you following an uncomfortable experience in my local Pets at Home (Southampton) store over this recent Bank Holiday wknd on Sunday June 3rd. My husband and I had popped in to your store in the...
  10. P

Poppy...U/D Admission tomorrow for Xrays

No idea what title to give this thread :? Is doing wierd things again in terms of eating/drinking. Just like the begining of winter and again Spring, and now in the next season change. Okay so she's currently out most of the time at the moment in the garden from first thing in the morning...
  11. P

At this time of year - Spring!

This is just to warn any members who are unfamiliar with Spring grass growth if their rabbits have access to grass outside. At this time of year, every year, I see an increase in 'sticky bottom', 'excess caecotrophs', 'runny poo' posts from members new and old. This last month has been...
  12. P

Nino's ashes

are going to be laid to rest today. Spring is here, next month he will have been gone a year :cry::cry: Last weekend we dug a big hole ready to plant out his memory apple tree, today we are going to sprinkle his ashes in to the hole and then plant out the tree. :love:
  13. P

Protexin profibre pellets and increased absorption rate?

Following on from the other thread: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?330656-How-much-protexin-pro-fibre-pellets I would be grateful if somebody could answer my question at p12! :D:wave: Sky-O :D:wave:
  14. P

Supreme FibaFirst U/D Uh oh! Malformed caecs and strange finding! U/D Experiment done

Just putting a THE order through and spotted these in 'new products'. Seems like they are a new high fibre pellet with large particle fibre - it sounds interesting and promising. Anyone tried them or use them or know a bit more about them? :wave: Apologies if a thread already on these, I did...
  15. P

Long distance bunny

All the way from NZ, an old school friend made him :love:
  16. P

Hugo's There's Mum is a very talented knitter!

Wanted to show you all what a clever lady she is, so if you are thinking of buying a knitted item for Rainbow Rabbits.... here is a little taster of the quality you can expect :D:D:wave: As modelled by the birthday boy! Cable knit: Front Back Button opening All made to measure :love:
  17. P

Late Autumn leaves warning for outdoor/freeranging buns!

Just want to warn you all of a 'potential' gastric hazard from leaves that have blown down late in the season after the heavy winds and that have 'turned'. E.g. leaves that would normally be safe for your buns to indulge in such as apple/pear etc but that have gone yellow. Buns have a tendancy...
  18. P

Trying to keep Poppy out of ileus/stasis

:roll: She just won't eat much hay no matter which one she is offered. :cry: Complicated really as last week or two she's showing signs of classic ileus and back on Wed she didn't pass any droppings all afternoon until early eve and was only nibbling at stuff. She's producing a good no. of...
  19. P

Thumps could do with some supportI

In Health fellow RU members. She has given many of us so much of her time and wisdom. Thumper is very poorly today so please, if you can, spare some vibes over here http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?226422-Dysautonomia-no-caecal-motility-caecum-working-again-p63-new-pattern-p167...
  20. P

Available Rescue: Single Bucks looking for love

Yes potentially! We still haven't made up our minds about rebonding Poppy or keeping her as a single house bun. :? I always have you in the back of my mind Jill. If you have any older single males who need a home (uppy-eared) then we will give it some more thought. We may wait until Spring...
Back