• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. P

3rd June Forage Day 2017!! Booking now!!

FORAGING FOR RABBITS A One day ‘Course’ led by Twigs Way on 3rd June 2017 Cost for the day (including lunch) £22: Urgently raising money towards myxi and vhd2 vacs for our 30 buns! Twigs is author of the RWA book on Foraging for Rabbits and the soon to be launched RWA book ‘Gardening for...
  2. P

Gardens and Rabbits IMAGES NEEDED for new book!

Some of you may know that the RWA published a short book called 'Foraging for Rabbits' a couple of years ago. They have now rather wonderfully commissioned me to write a partner book named 'Gardening for Rabbits'. Its about what plants are suitable and which arent but also I will talk about how...
  3. P

Chemo for Lymphoma/Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome in Rabbits

Will be very very brief . . can give a lot more details if anyone wants or needs. But am in shock at moment. Peach Blossom has chronic episodes of not eating (no gas) - the last with blood in faces on recovering and now new ultrasound has detected thickened bowel much worse than last ultrasound...
  4. P

Baycox for cocci

Suspect I will be offered baycox for one of my buns tmw at vet appt (we have tried Septrin for 7 days to no real effect). Has anyone used it? I understand there used to be an issue about dosage? and also read an old thread on here about giving it with something to prevent throat discomfort...
  5. P

VHD2 Vaccine done update

Just to mention that yesterday I had 20 of mine vaccined with the new VHD2 and they are all fit and well this morning - I know some people are worried about it so thought I would mention it. We are doing the other 12 on Friday which includes a couple of elderly etc. However yesterday we did...
  6. P

Anyone had a bun who has NO CONCEPT of litter tray?

I have always had my indoor buns as total free rangers and apart from the odd poo, or sometimes the very occassional pee in elderly or disabled buns I have never had any real issues. However we currently have a younger female bun (c12 months, neutered several months ago, no health issues name...
  7. P

Forage & Garden Plant ID Days May22 and June 12 2016. Last few places!!!

Forage (and Garden) Days are Here Again. . Want to learn more about what to forage for your rabbit? How to recognise the best wild plants? How to recognise the toxic plants? Where different plants grow? What is best for garden planting? and what not to plant? AND having fun meeting other...
  8. P

Not had a great time of it recently . .

We have had a real up and down few weeks here. One of the 'problems' with having multiple buns is that sometimes everything seems to happen at once. First of all it was our newcomer PeachBlossom who came to us with an undiagnosed and unspotted problem (NOT the rescues fault) of an internal...
  9. P

Anyone had a Rabbit with occasional days of intermittent pain in intestines?

Peach Blossom is a c8 months lionhead lop who had a rough start in life - including probably being mistreated or mishamndled, and then being purposely left near a rubbish chute, rescued, having a pretty bad spay, having area of post spay infection on the uterine stump that was not picked up by...
  10. P

Wheels for Disabled Rabbit: (small to med size): anyone got any?

I know its a long shot but we need to try out some wheels for a bun who has become weak at the rear end. We are on top of the medication and physio etc etc so advice not needed (sorry to sound abrupt!) but urgently need to try out some wheels- does anyone have any they are no longer using on a...
  11. P

How long after female neuter until behaviour changes?

Ok i should know this but its been ages since we rescued a really feisty hormonal girlie. We seem to mainly have male buns nowadays ...... So much easier to bond in groups i find. But we took two girls last week and after a few days of being cute their hormones have suddenly realised that they...
  12. P

Amaaazing looking rabbit on rabbit rehome

If only we had space for another male!!! http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=38621 He looks so wonderful would make a fabulous houserabbit for someone!!! Just wish he didnt have balls - we may be looking for a very young stunning female for Parsley Piert
  13. P

DONT FORGET!!!! Its THIS SUNDAY 23rd Aug Gardening for Rabbits: Day course

Well after a long delay . . . Gardening for Rabbits is launched as a 'Day Meeting/Course' : Same sort of thing as Foraging for Rabbits . . except all about gardens and garden plants (notable not the weeds - as they were covered in Foraging lol!) Venue Orchard Cottage, 17 Denton Village...
  14. P

Dear Auntie Angie (Bunnymadhouse) Remember us?

Dear Auntie Angie and anyone else that remembers us! Cowslip and Rosehip here (aka Flopsy and Mopsy) Just a note to tell you that we have made ourselves at home here in the countryside. We have a lovely three level flat which we share with our new boyfriends - though they are a bit shy and...
  15. P

Vivitonin - anyone else used it?

We are using Vivitonin alongside accupuncture (and of course metacam ).on Gooseberry - who has very severe headtilt and leg weakness issues due to EC cysts angside accupuncture (and of course metacam ). It seems to be helping him bring the sensation back into his legs - has anyone else used...
  16. P

FORAGE IDENTIFICATION:SEE POST 133 FOR UPDATE re 31st May!

I have been thinking for a while of having some kind of forage identification hands on event based at my house (and surrounding landscape) and people I mentioned it to at the Frances Harcourt Brown day were enthusiastic . . so here is the idea: One Day of Practical Hands On Forage...
  17. P

Cataracts removal for Charlie at RVC: UD Done - can see in one eye again!!

We (or rather Charlie our blind rabbit!) have been referred to the Royal Veterinary School who are now carrying out operations for cataract removal on rabbits. We are very excited as Charlie has been offered the chance to see again. He is totally blind and has become very timid and sad - unlike...
  18. P

Thoughts on rabbit and rescue info reaching different cultures

Try to word this carefully as I am NOT being anti non traditional English cultures - just posing some thoughts: As you might see from my other thread we have just taken on a bun from a Gumtree ad - free with hutch (though actually in retrospect I wonder if this also was a language problem and...
  19. P

Welcome to Angelico Valentine

Advertised as free with the hutch - the advertiser did not know the sex - or the age really - though said they thought they had built the hutch about 6 months ago. Rabbit never been to vet obviously. I was very concerned about what might happen to bun - and also some of the piccies on the...
  20. P

Cant believe it - we have lost another bun - Lola Lovage

This morning when we went to feed etc the buns Lola was not moving and having examined we rushed her to the vet - she was in shock and low temperature - suspected partial blockage. Started IV and painkillers and glucose measure (only 6 but prob low because of shock) but she collapsed within 30...
Back