• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

Is it safe to move my rabbit outdoors? What precautions do I need to take?

Hello everyone! I'm finally done with classes and Bugs and I will be moving out of the dorms on Saturday! :D :wave: That also means Bugs will be returning home. He's had free range of my room, and for this reason I don't want him to be confined to his cage when we get back. (This was the reason...
  2. B

How would you define rabbit affection?

Thanks for sharing your stories everyone! I hope with time Bugs will begin to trust me more...he's coming out of his shell...He's getting attention so I don't think he's depressed as he was back home. I don't think his personality is particularly affectionate, but perhaps he will prove me wrong!
  3. B

Yes, I live in a dorm, and it is illegal to keep anything pet related, except for fish, but I don't really care. I know if the RA found out I had a rabbit he would probably tell the hall director, and he would have to move back home. But I plan on keeping him a secret, and have done so for a...
  4. B

How often do you take your bun in for checkups?

Is myxi a problem in the US?
  5. B

How often do you take your bun in for checkups?

Now that I think about it, Bugs has not seen a vet since he was neutered years ago. I would like to take him to a vet sometime in the near future. I believe he is in good health (A month of living with me has done him so much good! :D) but I guess I'd like to get him checked out. How often do...
  6. B

Thanks for sharing Catherine! Your picture reminds me -- sometimes Bugs will take his front paws and "dig" on my shoulder and then pull at my t-shirt sleeve with his teeth...I'm kind of a wimp because he use to bite me so I'm afraid that will get some of my skin...would you say this is a sign of...
  7. B

Growing your own grass in pots...

Right now I'm growing wheat grass in my room just under a flourescent light fixture. I started the seeds only 5 days ago and I already have a nice amount of grass...In fact I'm about to plant the rest of my seed tonight...I'm also growing some lettuce in my room...not so sure how well it will...
  8. B

I've been spending a lot of time with Bugs since he moved into the dormitory with me last month. I've really enjoyed the time we have spent together, and I think we have bonded, but I can't say that Bugs in particularly affectionate toward me. He will nudge up against me if he wants something or...
  9. B

Wheatgrass?

So I've read things about the benefits of wheatgrass...I haven't had it but my parakeets have! I just started some seeds in hopes of feeding some to Bugs but I wanted to check here if anyone's read anything against doing so. Thanks! By the way, Bug's tummy is 100 percent. I'm hoping to save...
  10. B

Let us introduce ourselves... :D

Hello, Hello from the US! I thought I would quickly introduce myself along with my main man, Bugs. We are two tough dudes who will get in your face if you mess with us... :evil: Okay, so not really. My family has had our hunny for a few years now, since 2004 I'd say (Why don't I keep records...
  11. B

Skunky, smelly and sticky bowels...What's going on? [Pics]

Hmm, so more poop on his butt this morning -- the smell isn't so skunky, but it worries me. I think I will have to take him in. What kind of tests should I expect?
  12. B

Denny, Thanks for the compliments and the reply. So I woke up today, and saw that his bum was covered in a smaller clump of poop, so I cleaned it up before I went to class, and as of right now his butt is pretty clean. (I wasn't able to get it totally off and I don't want to rub in raw ) The...
  13. B

Bugs was a classroom pet for two years I believe before he came to live with my family. I guess the teacher thought it was necessary to have him declawed. Would have been better to get a hamster. :idea: :idea: I really appreciate all your help! I look forward to learning more to provide the...
  14. B

Yes, I suppose Bugs is overweight. You see, at home other than being fed he wasn't out much, poor fella. I hate to admit it, but although my family loves animals, I am really the only one who helps ensure proper care. When we first got him from the elementary school teacher, he was addicted to...
  15. B

:oops: Haha, NO! I actually fed him just a tablespoon of banana at most.
  16. B

Re: Skunky, smelly and sticky bowels...What's going on? Well, I suppose they kind of do, but they are rather soft, and are just totally clumped together....
  17. B

Hello, hello! Let me first give a little background on what's going on with my rabbit. About three years ago, our family adopted Bugs. Bugs was a classroom pet for a few years I believe, until one of my sister's classmates turned out to be allergic to to him, and thus the teacher had to give him...
Back