• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. F

Nature's Nursery: rabbits and other small animals :-/

Has anyone heard of these nurseries or have any experiences with them? On my way home from work I drove past a previously vacant building (near Billing Aquadrome in Northampton) that had a big sign outside advertising that the aforementioned company are hiring. In the garden area outside the...
  2. F

Inky was PTS last night: advice needed for Smokey

I'm just shattered, he had bloat and the emergency vet thought that it was the kindest thing to do. I brought his body home last night and Smokey has spent the night with him. She seems to accept that he has gone and is still eating but I don't know what to do for the best with her. She's 9 and...
  3. F

Please can I have some vibes for Inky, he's not eating U/D: Much more positive :-)

He's nine and he stopped eating yesterday afternoon:( He went to the emergency vets yesterday evening and this morning for pain relief and gut motility drugs. He has also had a sub-cut this morning. He is taking syringe food but he is very quite and not like himself at all. He has gone to...
  4. F

Could something stuck up a rabbit's nose cause sneezing?

Hi, I'm just looking for some ideas really. Inky is 9 and he has been sneezing occasionally for the last few months. When it first started, I took him to the vets and he was given Baytril. He was eating well, running around and although sneezing occasionally, there was no snot and no...
  5. F

How do you know if you have placed an injection correctly?

As above really. I am having to inject Inky with Baytril (for a very mild chest infection) because he gets so stressed by taking it orally. I did my first one on my own today (my vet showed me what to do yesterday) and the liquid went in fine (I pulled back slightly first to make sure there...
  6. F

Something has moved the run overnight, any idea what it could be?

As above really. Went out to check the bunnies at 10pm last night (they're in a shed) and the 'big run' as I call it (metal panels with no cover on grass, not the attached run that has a roof and is on slabs) was in it's usual position. This morning, I looked out and it looked as if...
  7. F

Please can we have some eating vibes for Smokey. U/D she's eating :-)

Went out to feed the rabbits this morning and she was hudddled in a cardboard box, refusing to eat. I've been syringe feeding her every 2 hours and she has been to the emergency vet for gut motility drugs but is still not eating on her own:cry: She is inside, in the hall now with Inky to keep...
  8. F

Ripped dew claw :-(

9. F

Anyone living in a flat with rabbits?

Apologies if this has already been covered! I am looking at finally getting my own home and I have seen a flat that I really like (it's Grade 2 listed and very safe), it is also well within my budget. However, the snag is that it obviously does not have a garden:cry:. My two currently live in...
  10. F

Rescue bunnies in The Sun newspaper today

Not sure if anyone has already posted about this but in The Sun today they have a feature on rescue bunnies. It's not bad but it doesn't really say much about rabbit rescues or the rabbits are really quite difficult pets to care for. However, it does say for many of the rabbits featured that...
  11. F

Just pulled a long lump of hay out of Inky's eye! Eye problem solved?

It was about 1 and a half inches long and horrible:shock: Inky has been having eye trouble on and off for a couple of months. It came up again (it's kind of his lower eyelid) last week, so I have been treating it with antibacterial eye drops. The lump has gone back down and we are nearing the...
  12. F

Dried blackberry and strawberrry leaves- where can I get similar to Pampered Piggies?

My two adore the blackberry and strawberry leaves that used to come from Pampered Piggies. However, we are down to our last tubs and as PP does not seem to be re-opening, things are getting desperate:(. This a is particularly bad situation because when my two have stasis, the dried leaves...
  13. F

Mouse the Chinese Hamster Feb 2008-June 2010

Mouse was helped to the bridge this afternoon after suffering with a tumour on his head for the last week. I took in Mouse and his brother Brock after a friend ended up with 10 Chinese Hamsters after a mis-sexing by P@H. I was not going to keep them but I just couldn't rehome them, they were...
  14. F

Worried about Inky- U/D possible dental problems :-(

I went to feed the rabbits this morning and I thougth that the corners of Inky's eyes looked a bit puffy. I hope I am being a hypochondriac but I am just so worried that he has something sinister:(. He is eating etc and seems fine in himself but I am still worried.
  15. F

Stasis earlier today (recovered), could it be caused by the clocks changing?

This morning I went to feed the rabbits at 6.30am (5.30am before the clocks changing) to find Smokey pleased to see me and happy to eat her dry food but Inky sitting in the litter tray looking sorry for himself and refusing to eat. I let them out into the run and although Inky hopped about, he...
  16. F

Does your bottle of Metacam leak or am I doing something wrong?

Inky has been on Metacam through the winter for the last couple of years for his joint problems. This isn't a problem and he only has 2 drops a day. However, my Metacam bottles always leak! I must lose about a fiver's worth with each bottle:roll:. Is there any trick to stopping the leak...
  17. F

Brock the Chinese Hamster Feb 2008-Nov 2009

Brock passed away yesterday (8th Nov). He had kidney disease but had been very active and happy until about 24 hours before he died peacefully in his sleep. I ended up with Brock (and his brother, Mouse) because they were from an accidental breeding and were going to be given to the P@H...
  18. F

Catching a blood vessel while vaccinating?

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this? I took my rabbits to have their myxi vaccinations this afternoon and after Inky had his injection, myself and the vet noticed he was bleeding from the site of it. There wasn't a huge amount of blood (although he managed to mear it everywhere so it...
  19. F

Very strange behaviour from a male rabbit

This morning, I went to feed the rabbits and Inky (my neutered male, nearly 5 years old) ate his food as normal but then picked up a load of hay in his mouth, like does do when they nest and ran round the playhouse and run with it in what can only be described as a frenzy. I picked him up to...
  20. F

Scooby the rabbit who got a second chance.

Scooby passed away at the age of 5 years from liver cancer. He had been mistreated and poorly fed by his owners until I managed to rescue him in January this year. He was given a second chance by Rabbit Rescue in Northamptonshire, where he settled in really well and showed what a bright and...
Back