• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Fairy13

Should you routinely feed a coccidiostat? (Heygates)

Hi, I wonder if you can help me. We usually feed our rabbits on Allan and Page pellets. But on a trip to our local supplier today my husband has been told they will no longer be stocking them. They have instead given him Heygate http://www.heygatesfeeds.co.uk/RabbitFeeds.aspx I feel extremely...
  2. Fairy13

Our little Niamh is at the vets tonight... U/D P19 She's home :D

I'm a bit worried. Hoping she'll be fine, a bit of metaclop and home tomorrow but I'm a bit worried nevertheless. She was fine earlier today but later this afternoon she was down, not eating, guts feel a bit doughy. Called vets and they didnt have any appointments but said to bring her down...
  3. Fairy13

Being a bunny slave...

Is such a funny job! :D They sit there like the queen of Sheba gazing down on my hard work. Daisy and Niamh are horrors for grabbing the brush and pan and having a go themselves. And quite a few of them are not adverse to giving my bum a good nibble if they think I need a bit of encouragement...
  4. Fairy13

The best bunny tunnels?

What do you all use? I have got my lot so many of the kinda ripstop fabric ones from P@H but they just nibble the ends and then the coiled wire comes pinging out and makes them unsafe and unusable. There are those green plastic concertina like ones arent there? Are they still usable even if...
  5. Fairy13

Routine worming in bunnies.....

Do you routinely worm yours? How often? I am a bit confused about the general recommendations for it. Is it advised to worm regularly? I remember reading a long while ago now that some people were unsure whther to worm as a preventative rather than just using it as a treatment. And panacur and...
  6. Fairy13

I dont usually get time to post pics of my buns but...

I managed to squeeze in the time to take piccies yesterday af a few of ours before my littlie woke up and I was needed as two foot mummy! So here is our family of 4, having a bit of fun in the snow.. 'Is it a bird, is it a plane??' No it's Hector auditioning to be a Santa's Reindeer! lol...
  7. Fairy13

Safe trees for Bunnies?

I have been googling and have found a similar list on various sites about safe twigs/leaves for bunnies but am after a bit more info. My hubby is now working as a tree surgeon and so it's quite easy to get some nice big logs for the bunnies to have in their sheds and runs :love::love: So I know...
  8. Fairy13

bunny bedding - what do you use?

:wave: I currently use aubiose hemp beeding in our bunnies litter trays etc but i must admit I'm on a money saving mission! I wondered what bedding others used and for how many buns and how long it lasts? I'm just looking at gjwtitmuss website and unfortunately the volume of the packaging for...
  9. Fairy13

Would you like a wild bunny fix?!

go here! http://www.rspb-images.com/Respages/Search.aspx?stype=2&sword=rabbit Absolutely stunning. :love: if you register you can actually buy prints too i think. (try and ignore the couple of bird of prey ones though :()
  10. Fairy13

Are Allen & Page pellets changing?

I ask cos I visited their site www.allenandpage.com and for rabbit feed it redirects me to www.naturalpetfoodcompany.com where it only lists 'rabbit herb and fibre' which is only 12.3% fibre. I'm a bit worried and confused. Though on other suppliers sites they still just list the natural rabbit...
  11. Fairy13

Lilly 02/10/06 - 20/03/10

I am so so sorry Lilly. We found you this morning. Gone. It was bloat. You must have passed in so much pain. I feel so sick that I wasn't there. that I didnt help you. I won't ever forgive myself. You were fine yesterday morning and I should have fed you last night but I was feeling so low so...
  12. Fairy13

Vibes for Picollo please - U/D hopefully he's better! :)

We just rushed him to the vets this morning. He's our bun that was in remission from leukemia. He has what looks like bacterial diarheoa (sp) his sister he lives with seem well at the mo so either the concern is the leukemia is back and so he doesnt have the immune response to fight this off and...
Back