• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. W

Adding more buns to group? Any experience?

Hi All, been a while since I've been on here, but wanted to ask a little advice on keeping larger goups of buns. I currently have 3 girlies (all spayed) and 1 boy (due to be castrated). I was consedering adding a further 2 boys I've seen to the group. Both are youngsters, and would, of...
  2. W

One eyed Gerald update, thanks and photos

A HUGE thank you to everyone for all the info on AB's for helping to clear up my new little lads eye.... I have tried to post some piccies, hope they work! Gerald is a bit of a chunky monkey, certainly not off his food!! But will encourage him to lose a little weight when he's settled in and...
  3. W

Infection after eye removal

Hello everyone, I am looking for anyone who has experience with abcesses and the antibiotic treatment of them. I am a veterinary nurse, and a family brough in a very neglected male bunny, a 6 year old lop. They said his eye has been 'funny' for a while, and when the vet told them that it was...
  4. W

Bonding/Fighting youngsters

Just to set the scene..... I started off with Willow, my male dwarf lop, and after a while bonded him with another dwarf lop female, Gertie, this was about 1 1/2 years ago. A couple of months ago, I got another dwarf lop female and a Nethie cross female. They have lived happily together since...
  5. W

Dental Problem - Foods to keep him eating?

Hi everyone, My dwarf lop Willow had to have dentals about every 7 weeks over a year ago, for spurs on his molars. When we got him a little friend, and increased his greens slowly, and he improved lots, and it has now been 11 months since his last dental, which we were thrilled about. He had...
  6. W

Is this nest building?

Hi everyone, I was shocked when I opened the bedroom area of the buns cage, to find tons of Gerties fur in there. She is a 5 month old dwarf lop, and lives with Willow, a neutered dwarf lop (neutered last year). I couldn't believe the amount of fur. Is this nest building, and does it occur...
  7. W

Diarrohea - RIP JASPER XX

Kirsty, So sorry to hear about Jasper, you should be very proud of yourself for giving his every chance possible, you were the perfect mum to him for his short life. He is pain free now, you did the kindest thing, which is also the hardest. Thinking of you. xx
  8. W

why are people so thick???

Hiya! So, so sad about that rabbit, it really breaks your heart to think that any animal has suffered due to human stupidity and a complete lack of knowledge. You must have had to bite your tongue so hard in that situation. I put together a bunny care sheet a few months ago too, including pre...
  9. W

Rabbit Insurance

Hi, Generally, I think pet insurance is getting crazy price wise etc. I have 3 dogs, a cat and 2 buns, Willow my 2 yr old bun has to have his molars done about every 8 weeks, costing £40 each time. As they get older, normally more things can go wrong, excluding emergencies etc, so I think it...
  10. W

Moucus piccie - Anyone's bun had this? Also, my bun piccies.

Apologies for the not very nive piccie, but following on from my earlier post, rather than explainging what they looked like, thought someone might have had a bun with droppings like this...... they are all the same. Willow is eating a bit, greens, rocket, alphalpha sticks, a little...
  11. W

Mucus on droppings - advice please

Hi Jane, Willow ate fine last night although was a quiet bun all day, not too interested this morning, but have just rang my other half, who said he was munching on greens with Gertie. He is particually fond of rocket and greens, and has been eating more hay since Gertie came on the scene...
  12. W

Mucus on droppings - advice please

Hi, My bun Willow seemed a little off yesterday, and sat in his bedroom bit of his cage for a fair bit, but as it has been so warm here, I put it down to the heat, as Gertie the younger bun was also not so fussed on doing much. I saw him eating yesterday, but he didn't seem fussed much today...
  13. W

Bunny Boarding

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of a bunny boarding place in the Notts area, where I can put my 2 buns for a weeks holiday, My best friend used to have Willow, before I got Gertie, but she and her hubby work long hours, and now have a dog, so I though it would be best to board them. I want...
  14. W

Bonding - Baby bun & older bun

Thanks loads for the info..... my main concern was that with Gertie being so tiny (10 weeks old) and Willow being a full size dwarf lop (he's quite a big lad. 2 years old) I was worried that as he tries to hump her a fair bit, he will damage her back/legs etc, so I monitor them, and if it seems...
  15. W

Vets who do dentals without GA - Nottingham area

Thank you for the info, much appreciated. Will give them a ring, and arrange to see them about the possibility of getting Wills teeth done without a GA. Thanks again! Liz
  16. W

Vets who do dentals without GA - Nottingham area

Someone on of my previous threads said they though there was a vets in Nottingham who carry out dental work without a general anaesthetic. Willow did not fair so good in the last GA, so it is something I want to look into well in advance of his next dental, and see how they do it. I am...
  17. W

Bonding - Baby bun & older bun

Just wanted to check I was approaching everything right with bonding my buns, as I am new to it. I have looked round other bonding threads, but not seen much in the way of bonding a baby and older bunny. Now Willow has been nautered, we decided to get him a little girly pal, as sometimes we've...
  18. W

Anaesthetic Question

I am just looking for a little advise/replies from anyone who has experienced any problems with bunnies having anaesthetics. I was aware that the risks are higher in buns, and with Willow having to have his molars done approx. every 6 weeks, it is only the third time he has had them done. He...
  19. W

Willow Improves - Happy Bunny's Back! - Secondary problem.

Phew, am I a relieved bunny mum or what! :D We have finally got our full of beans confident bunny back. After all the concerns that after his dental, which we were putting down to his not eating/pooping/depression etc, I have found the real reason. After scrolling through pages of bunny...
  20. W

Bunny Vet in Notts/Lincs/East Mids

Thank you soooo much for the info on Gamston vets..... strangely enough, I went to the attached pet shop there, and saw that vets only the other week. We run art workshops in Tollerton, and it is about a 25 minute drive from newark, where we live. If after the pain/gut meds over the next few...
Back