• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. A

Pancake...single boy looking for love!

Wilford Rabbit Refuge have Pancake up for rehoming. He's a lively, active boy and would love a home with a girly bun for company. Pancake is approximately 2 years old, medium sized and in excellent health. He is is neutered and vaccinated. We homecheck, and ask for a £40 donation to go towards...
  2. A

Vibes for Herman

We had a bit of a scare earlier with Herman, who is chronically poorly with pasteurella. He didn't rush to the baby gate for his breakfast this morning, which is very out of character for him. Luckily our vets were open today and Annie gave him a dental to get rid of a sharp tooth spur, some...
  3. A

Bunnies give Liz's biscuits the seal of approval!

Liz from Rainbow Rabbits (aka Hugo's There) very kindly sent some of her famous bunny biscuits for the Wilford bunnies to sample. I can safely say they get the thumbs up from Dominic and Gypsy (please ignore the state of my rug :oops:) Thank you Liz :D
  4. A

New arrival at Wilford Rabbit Refuge

I had a call last night from a local rescue centre to ask if we could take a sick rabbit. Well, I couldn't really say no could I? So...meet our new arrival. She's currently in GI stasis, but hopefully will improve now she's on medication. Please keep your fingers crossed for eating and pooping...
  5. A

Secret Santa Parcels 2011

I'd like to say a big 'Thank You' to the sender of RU023 from the bunnies at Wilford Rabbit Refuge. I've posted pics below of the two huge parcels containing LOADS of luxury hays, dried dandelion and plantain, yummy treats for the buns, cleaning stuff, and a box of choccies for me :wave: :D...
  6. A

The bunnies inspect their goodies...Secret Santa parcel RU019

I'd like to say a big 'Thank You' to the sender of parcel RU019. Loads of really useful things like hutch cleaning spray and syringes, plus LOADS of willow toys and two bags of pellets :D :D Herman inspects our first secret santa parcel to arrive....Yummy lots of edible goodies.... Herman came...
  7. A

How many bunny supplies can fit into...

...a Nissan Micra? Quite a lot actually! Here's the sanctuary's mobile shed...sorry car...returning home after picking up next weeks food supplies for the buns. We only got a couple of bales of hay, a bale of dried grass, and a 20kg sack of pellets...normally there would be 3 or 4 sacks of...
  8. A

Splayed front legs

Anyone else got a bun with front legs that splay outwards and walk on the sides of their feet or ankle bone? Meg's splay legs are getting worse. The vet warned that this would happen because the muscles/tendons tend to tighten up and make the condition worse over time. The vet can't give us a...
  9. A

FIVE dentals this week alone.

10. A

Vaccinating rabbits on long term abx

11. A

Which probiotic?

12. A

Blast from the past

Neville, a bunny I rescued 3 years ago and rehomed to live with a friend of mine has come to stay for a while. His owner is working abroad for a while and her OH isn't confident giving him meds he needs for a tooth infection. Here is Nev's original thread when he first arrived here in 2008...
  13. A

Cheap playhouse at B&Q

Not sure if the offer is exclusive to the Nottingham store, but the small 4x4ft playhouse is reduced from nearly £140 to just £99. I've got 2 of these, and they although they are small, they are fine with a run attached, and are ideal for gardens that don't have enough space for a huge kennel...
  14. A

Feeding syringes. Your thoughts please

Would anyone be interested in buying singles of the large 50/60ml syringes used for feeding buns who aren't eating for themselves? If so, how much would you pay (inl. p+p)? It's just that I buy these in bulk but don't use them very often...so thought it might be worth selling them on here. Not...
  15. A

The current rescue situation...opinions?

I was speaking to Celia who runs Kirkby Pet Welfare last night, and she says this year has been the worst she has known for people wanting to get rid of animals. It's not even something as simple as the current economic climate making people give up their much loved pets...The number of...
  16. A

Herman's lump has come back :-(

The lump on Herman's face has started to come back. Plus this time he has one on his back too :( This is Herman's original thread when he arrived in March: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=275669 I've made a vet appointment for 11 this morning. Please send vibes for Herman.
  17. A

Prize Every Time for WRR..Winners announced p.101 !!

Wilford Rabbit Refuge has recently taken in Meg White, a very poorly bunny with mammary cancer, mastitis and deformed front legs. Meg's vet bills are going to run into hundreds of pounds The lovely members of RU have donated some fantastic prizes to raise funds towards her treatment. Thank...
  18. A

Local fundraising

Apart from car boots, what local fundraising events do rescues/sanctuaries do? We get very little local support because we rarely rehome, and only take in rabbits via rescues so aren't well known. I don't want to raise our profile so much that we are getting rabbits dumped, but I'd like to...
Back