• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Kim_w

Bubbling tummy 😣

Went out to feed ny rabbits this morning and my single bun was lay down breathing very fast and the back end of her abdomen looked like it was bubbling. I phoned vets went back out to get her and she was sat up but scrunched up (she rests in this position sometimes) but she was shakibg all over...
  2. Kim_w

Rabbit allergy

Ive just brought all 3 of mine in the house individually to groom them and my bottom lip felt a bit sore and swollen. I normally touch them all multiple times a day but only pick one of them up every day. Strangely the one i pick up daily used to make my eyes itch when we got her but now im...
  3. Kim_w

Fly repellent and disinfectant

Do any of you know of any bunny safe fly spray for spraying round hutch? We had some flies near our hutches today and i ended up spraying some of my kids vosene nit repellent spray round the outside of the hutch. It worked but i want something i can spray daily and know its safe. Also can any...
  4. Kim_w

Runny/sticky eye advice please.

One of my rabbit has a slight runny eye at the end of April. Took her to the vets who gave her some isathal. The eye cleared up quickly. A couole of weeks ago she had discharge again from the same eye. The vet gave her isathal again but after a week it was still sticky so she was given baytrill...
  5. Kim_w

Broken leg, sprain?

This evening i noticed one of my rabbits isnt putting full weight on her front right leg. I first realised that she was holding it up when she was sat up if that makes sense. I sat in the garden watching her, she puts it down lightly while hopping. She rolled in her favourite digging spot but...
  6. Kim_w

Safe disinfectant

Really need to give my patio a scrub under and round the run. Can anyone of you recommend a safe disinfectant that won't harm the rabbits.
  7. Kim_w

Digging. Arghh

Is their anything I can put down in certain parts of the garden to discourage digging? I currently have folded (now chewed!) garden chairs over favourite digging spots. They hadn't bothered with digging for a while but seem to have ramped it up the last 2 days. Could this be because the weather...
  8. Kim_w

Winter behaviour

My bonded pair seem to be fair weather bunnies! They are spending all of ther time in ther hutch and hardly using their run. When I let them out loose in the garden they go out for a quick play then next time I go out to check them they are back inside. My single girl still loves to bo out but...
  9. Kim_w

Cold weather tummies

I have noticed the last coupke of days all 3 of my bunnies have increased their hay and redigrass intake. Must be needing their internal central heating :love:
  10. Kim_w

winter bedding

What and how much of it do you put in your bedroom area? My single bun has ripped up a load of news paper in her bedroom so I have ripped up some and put it in my pairs bedroom too!! Going to clean them out and fill bedroom with straw tomorrow. Would a cardboard box in there be any warmer...
  11. Kim_w

Hormones

Are some buns just more hormonal than others? The arrival of another bun in our garden sent one of mine into a hormonal rage! She is a couple of weeks post neutering now and has got used to the smells of the new girl in the garden. She still has the odd stamp and nip at her sister but apart...
  12. Kim_w

How do you serve your hay?!

I put redigrass in a bowl and hay in small piles a couple of times a day but it often just gets mixed in with the straw. Was thinking about maybe putting a tappet ware tub in there full of hay? Wasn't sure about a hay rack as imagined it feels foe natural for them to eat off the floor but on...
  13. Kim_w

Running round owners legs

My new doe runs around my legs while loose in the garden. I go out carefully as I know she will come over to me but have accidentally kicked her twice this week (not hard! Just as im taking catious steps) as she appears from nowhere. 🙁 A buck I had many years ago did this too but I think he...
  14. Kim_w

Myxomatosis vac

Is the nobivac- myxo-RHD the myxomatosis vaccination? Picking my girls up after their spay in a min and the vet asked this morning if they had had their myxomatosis vaccinations.
  15. Kim_w

Post neutering care advice please

My girls are going in to be neutered tomorrow. :shock: Is there anything I particularly should or shouldn't do when they come home. My husband suggested letting them stay in the house tomorrow night in the carry box now the temp has dropped but I thought maybe it would upset them more as they...
  16. Kim_w

Weight loss

I took on a new rabbit about 2 weeks ago. She had a fat pouch under her chin and when you stroked down her back you couldn't feel her "bum bone" like you can in my other 2 girls. Fast forward to today and it occured to me that she was really light when I picked her up. I sat her on my knee...
  17. Kim_w

Allergic to rabbits?

I got my 2 girls in Aug and have been fine with them but I took on another rabbit last Thursday and I think I am allergic to her. I got red itchy eyes today after sitting in the garden with her and previously kept getting an itchy nose. I have never known anybody be allergic to rabbits before...
  18. Kim_w

There is a new bunny in the garden.

I have had my 2 girls since the beggining of Aug, they are coming up for 6 months soon and are being neutered Oct school hols. Today I took on a rabbit that needed a home. One of my girls had a sniff of her through the bars of her run and went mental!! I put the new bunny back in her hutch...
  19. Kim_w

Where is the fastest delivery for good quality hutches?

I have taken on a rabbit from someboy, she came this morning. Her hutch is so small that when she is in the run underneath she cant really hop anywhere. In her previous home she has the run of the garden. I can't do that at the min as some of my fencing needs repairing. My other rabbits...
  20. Kim_w

Digging tray

My girls run that they have access to all day is on the patio. When they are loose in the garden they either play and eat or dig. I was thinking of putting a tray filled with soil in their run so they can dig. Have any of you done this before Knowing my luck they would just sit in it.
Back