• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. K

Blind bunny ?

Hi Jane, seems like ages since I’ve been on this forum. I had her vet checked and he said it’s age related, she’s fit and rather healthy for a girl her age, he said she’s definitely got sight. She’s a happy girl I was just worried she was totally blind. I’ve only got one bun now Jane, how...
  2. K

Blind bunny ?

Hello everyone, my beautiful little bun is around 9/10 years old (ex honey bunnies) she’s seems in good health, she lost her partner around 2 years ago but seemed okay after he passed away. I’ve noticed lately her eyes look different like she is blind 😥.. Our garden is totally set up for Sally...
  3. K

A lonely 8 year old bun

I've had rescue buns for years, unfortunately they got old and passed away my Bertie bun died aged 12 and my other buns about 10 years.. I've now got one Bun called Sally ( an ex honey bunny ) she's about 8, Sally lost her partner Thomas last year, she seemed fine when Thomas passed away but...
  4. K

Use of back leg

Can't believe how quiet and empty the house is you could hear a pin drop. We used to joke that Bertie sounded like he had high heels on he would make that much of a noise running around the house. Even the cat is acting odd, he's just sleeping where Bertie's vet bed was x
  5. K

Use of back leg

He had toast and chocolate this morning, I used to allow a small piece of toast some mornings but never chocolate. He certainly enjoyed his choccie this morning he was licking his lips, I just knew today was his last. xx
  6. K

Use of back leg

Thank you all x
  7. K

Use of back leg

He did have a happy life bless him, I feel so numb xx
  8. K

Use of back leg

The vet has never met a bun as old as Bertie. She also said he was thin, he would eat and eat but due to is age we struggled to keep weight on him.
  9. K

Use of back leg

Me and my husband are devastated, my poor husband has sobbed most of the day the house is so quiet I'm used to him running around and causing lots of mess.x
  10. K

Use of back leg

My poor Bertie was put to sleep this morning, he had a broken his leg. The vet said his bones were very brittle due to his age and even a little hop could of caused the break. He usually has a morning run in the garden but hadn't since the other day as the weather had been too bad. The break was...
  11. K

Use of back leg

Woke up this morning and my house bun Bertie has no use of his back leg, he is dragging himself around. Bertie is 14 and I'm thinking maybe a stroke ? I'm taking him to the vets first thing but just wanted some advice. Thank you.
  12. K

My old boy Bertie

Thank you, he's such a gorgeous boy. He's old but still so happy and content xx
  13. K

My old boy Bertie

14. K

Caring for an elderly bun

My Bertie bun is 12/13 years of age, he's a house bun and is a very lively and happy bun. He does like his rest and sleep after a lively 1/2 hour. He eats like a horse but with being elderly struggles to keep the weight on him, he's not skinny by no means but I do have to monitor his weight...
  15. K

Sneezing bunny and runny nose.

My friends daughter has just messaged me. Her bunny has started sneezing and has a runny nose. I've asked if she's changed bedding or anything, she's moved the bun out of the kitchenette into the living room.apart from that no change. They live in Spain and it's getting quite warm now. I've told...
  16. K

My gorgeous old boy

But thank you so much for your comments.. Bertie is our baby xx
  17. K

My gorgeous old boy

So sorry, for the large pictures. xx
  18. K

My gorgeous old boy

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10906171_10205569504342630_6903178886520313060_n.jpg?oh=65ca55ef495a4857fac3b413068eda98&oe=5538FEA6&__gda__=1429228976_3c0a69804624412b4e7238ff7c319b48
Back