• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. C

Wild Baby Rabbit/What To Do?

Bizarrely, my husband has found a baby wild rabbit in a car (we are a garage). Not sure where it has hopped on board :lol: but what to do with it? I haven’t yet seen it, but it is seemingly fit and feisty. We are an area populated with rabbits (Ainsdale, although this particular vehicle has...
  2. C

Eye Problem

Hi :wave: I am copying and paste on behalf of someone who lives abroad: I have been searching on the web for an explanation, however none of the conditions apply to her fully. She has corneal inflammation with a small white line across of her pupil. This appeared x2 before when she ate a high...
  3. C

VHD Vaccination

I am on a forum, abroad. One member says her vet recommends a booster vaccine one week after the first one as "it works better". Any thoughts please?
  4. C

Metacam vs Loxicom / Taste?

Teddy usually has Metacam, but vet only had Loxicom (stop gap supply as I didn't get my act together quick enough to put in my online prescription). Anybody know if they taste the same? Hoping Loxicom doesn't have a nasty taste! (Yet to open the bottle).
  5. C

Do Rabbits usually Poop and Pee At the Same Time?

Teddy has incontinence problems. Watching him today I noticed that, sometimes - not always, when he poops, he also pees. I am trying to work out whether he is involuntarily peeing at this time, or not. Could he be constipated (as another bunny is on these forums but I cannot tell if he is...
  6. C

Propalin in Male Rabbits - Anybody Had Any Experience?

As title suggests, anybody tried this? Any experience?
  7. C

Which Incontinent Pads Do You Use?

As above please. I am using Hartz Ultraguard Dog Pads, which are good, but wondered if there is a cheaper option to try? Why do you use? Thanks Cara
  8. C

Contaminated hay anybody?

I am reluctant to name the supplier at the moment, but before I get involved in complaining to them, I wondered if anybody has had a problem with an online supplier of hay? I have had 2 bales delivered, a small portion of which is contaminated with a fuel like smell. Anybody else had a problem?
  9. C

Teddy shifting from hock to hock or maybe wobbling. What could this be about?

So Teddy has EC, which affects his urination. At the moment he is having a flare up. He hasn't peed much at all today. Too little in fact. This evening we rinsed his rear-end with water. At the time, I did notice his rear legs flicked loads as I rinsed the water over him. Patted him dry...
  10. C

F10 Products

Teddy's EC has flared up again, with vengeance :cry: Peeing all over the place and wet rear end. Took Teddy to the vets where he spent the day being clipped, in stages - rather than be sadated. A couple of the vets had mentioned F10 and I asked them to apply some before I took him home...
  11. C

Panacur Dosage

I am struggling to understand the dosing on Panacur Paste :oops: (I was going to try syrup, but my vet has yet to get back to me re. dosing). So, a graduation, does it go from each 'dip to dip' or from 'black slot to black slot', if you see what I mean? (Am picturing everybody scratching their...
  12. C

Xeno 50 or Xeno 450? Whats The Difference?

Teddy, amongst other things, has the beginnings of crusty ears. He has had this before and I have used, I think, Xeno 450. I see there is another version, Xeno 50. What is the difference?
  13. C

Deep cleaning re. Ec

Teddy is peeing inappropriately again :cry: So assuming EC might have flared up again. Still waiting to hear back on the dosing for Panacur (already had a course) but want meanwhile turn my attention to cleaning. Teddy lives in, essentially, a shed. I find it daunting in how I can tackle...
  14. C

Teddy has ec affecting bladder

This is part of the email I received re. Teddy's recent blood test for EC, which was several weeks after a 5 week course of panacur and an improvement in his symptoms. 'The test measures antibodies that Teddy's body produces against the EC organism. There are two different types: IGM and IGG...
  15. C

Urine scald

Thought I would start a new thread specifically re urine scald (re. my thread Excessive peeing). Aside from the ongoing efforts to get to the bottom of Teddy's pee problem, I am beginning to feel overwhelmed trying to keep on top of the damage of urine scald which I feel is running away from...
  16. C

Rear end clean up!

As a result of Teddies excessive peeing, he has been left with a rather shabby look down below :lol: Not entirely sure we have cracked the problem but as a side issue, Teddy has been left with patches of matted fur underneath, that feel like pieces of cardboard. I am loathe to wash the area...
  17. C

Ec and litter trays

So, my Teddy quite possibly has EC and is being treated for it. His symptoms are excessive and inappropriate peeing. When we rescued him, he was suffering from acute urine scald at the time .. but this is no longer a problem. I understand EC is transmitted through spores in urine. I have...
  18. C

Best place to buy panacur online?

As above please! Am assuming it won't need a prescription?
  19. C

Which cream for Urine Scald? Dermasil ?

Rushing out, but as title really .. any recommendations please!
  20. C

Excessively peeing

Teddy is excessively peeing. Noticed this and the fact he had a mucky rear end. Otherwise he is perfectly fine (have noticed a lump on his head but that is another story and am not sure if I am imagining it). He is on antibiotics and panacur. His pee is not concentrated, if I have understood...
Back