• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. C

Biscuit: October 2006 - October 2018

Biscuit came into our lives in December 2006 as a tiny ball of fluff in a Stella box. My grandparents rescued him from a breeder that was offering him as snake food because he wasn't good enough to show or breed from. The last 11 years and 10 months with him have been wonderful. He was so sweet...
  2. C

Looking for a really rabbit savvy vet Staffordshire/East Midlands

Hi all! I may not visit the site or post often but I always know where to come for the best advice! A bit of background: Biscuit will be 12 at the end of this month. He has always been a lovely, sweet, healthy bunny but has had some health issues this year, tear duct issues related to the...
  3. C

My Beautiful Brie - 30/01/2018

Absolutely heartbroken. My beautiful Brie made her journey over the Rainbow Bridge in the early hours of this morning. I had taken her to the vet yesterday afternoon, due to weight loss and general lethargy. I had taken her home to chat over the decision of doing tests that I didn't think she...
  4. C

I'm not saying my bunnies are spoiled....

But clearly they are (or maybe I am crazy?!) I started with a small task in mind, re-felting their shed roof. This ended in a massive garden tidy up and overhaul to include a bunny play zone -featuring a tunnel/warren, and upper level climbing area & salad bar (Full of herbs and rabbit friendly...
  5. C

Biscuit turned 11 this week!

Our gorgeous gentle boy turned 11 on Halloween. We've had him in our lives ever since he was a 16 week old ball of fluff and I just can't imagine our family life without him. Thankfully I had them at the vet for the RHD2 on Wednesday and the vet heath checked him for me and he is in perfect...
  6. C

My beautiful boy is 10 today!

Today we are celebrating Biscuit's 10th birthday!! I carved him a pumpkin which will be a nice treat at bedtime and baked some fairy cakes for the human members of the family! The fondant bunnies are so cute I am not sure I can bring myself to eat them! We managed to bring Biscuit in for a...
  7. C

Nothing cuter than a row of sleepy bunnies!

I can't tell you all how much I love seeing these 3 snuggled up. :love: It was not the easiest of bonds and during the day they tend to keep to themselves or it is a pair and an odd one. This is how I find them most mornings but they are usually on the move as soon as they know I have...
  8. C

For Becky86 & the Walsall RCPCA fosterer's - the story of Brie (Pic heavy!)

I had logged on to the forums last night looking for a thread using Brie's name in the search and came across her original thread in the Rabbits in Need section. We feel like Brie has always been here with us, so we tend to forget she had a pretty terrible start to life...
  9. C

Bunny boarding that can take a trio?

Hi! I can finally say that we have successfully incorporated our adopted stray, Smokey, into a bonded trio with Biscuit and Brie! Yay! All good on that front, they aren't close but tolerate each other well. I am obviously delighted for Smokey to be able to have the company of other rabbits...
  10. C

My Trio

Day 9 of bonding today and although it is very early days, I think I can tentatively say that I have a trio and that they don't mind each other. There has been no fighting at all for 2 days. I can imagine it will take weeks/months to find them snuggling up, but I am delighted with their progress...
  11. C

Day 1 of trying to bond a trio

We are trying to bond our existing male/female bonded pair to the male stray we took in 7 weeks ago. We had Smokey neutered on 22nd Dec, so hormones should be nicely settled now. The girl is pretty much keeping out of things, lots of rushing, nipping, fur pulling and posturing between the boys...
  12. C

Smokey suddenly aggressive

So we've had smokey just over 2 weeks now and he's never been a spot of bother until today. He was castrated on 22nd and had his post op check yesterday, he's in great health. The bunnies has been seeing more of each other through the puppy pen attached to Smokey's hutch, Biscuit has been trying...
  13. C

Officially adopted the stray found in WS15!! In for neuter today.

On the back of this thread, we have officially adopted this beautiful boy to live out his years with us :love: We have named him Smokey. Now he is officially ours, he is being neutered...today! Fingers crossed all goes smoothly and his recovery is straightforward. I will try bonding the 3 of...
  14. C

Rabbit found in Hamstall Ridware, WS15.

Hi guys! It's been an age since I was last on this site, things have been going swimmingly with my 2 gorgeous fluffsters, I only tend to remember to come here if I have any concerns about them. Anyway, they are both absolutely fine and lovely as ever, but I thought I would pop around here to...
  15. C

Bonding day 4 - I caught her grooming him! Plus portraits of my buns

Yay! I was so pleased to glance outside and see this wonderful development. So far there has been some chasing and then basically ignoring each other with some mutual munching if I have a treat for them. Slowly but surely we are getting there. This is not a great shot, but I was shocked, ran...
  16. C

My usual bonding routine may not work this time...

I have successfully created 3 bonds and felt pretty confident about bonding our new addition Brie, to our Buck, Biscuit. However, we have a patio, with 3 steps leading up to the grass & shed. Biscuit has never bothered about going down the steps and so has never been on the patio. Brie...
  17. C

Bonding Brie...

I picked up the stunning Brie from a Walsall RSPCA fosterer today. I was told that it takes her a long time to trust her carer. So imagine my surprise when during a break from trying to bond her with Biscuit... she bonded with me. I was leaning on the wall, chatting with my boys, when she...
  18. C

My gorgeous Caramel

I can't believe that I am having to visit this section. Of all the 5 years we have been keeping rabbits outdoors, we have never seen hide nor hare of a fox....until this morning. I am devestated to say that my beautiful Caramel's life was cut short. She wasn't even 3, in the prime of her...
  19. C

Bonding, day 2 <3 (pic heavy)

Everything is going very well so far. I am undecided about whether to brave them being together tonight or keep them in their own halves of the shed again, will make the decision at about 11pm :D Photo's from various times throughout the day:
  20. C

A new wife for Biscuit...with any luck!

We picked up a new girly last night called Caramel, she's an 8 1/2 month old cross breed. Last night we allowed her to settle down after her car journey in the house before moving her to spend the night in our newly built greenhouse. This morning we started the bonding process. There was a...
Back