• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. C

Biscuit: October 2006 - October 2018

Biscuit came into our lives in December 2006 as a tiny ball of fluff in a Stella box. My grandparents rescued him from a breeder that was offering him as snake food because he wasn't good enough to show or breed from. The last 11 years and 10 months with him have been wonderful. He was so sweet...
  2. C

Looking for a really rabbit savvy vet Staffordshire/East Midlands

Chatted at length with our own vet on the phone the other day. While there were some bits I didn't agree with (like the rate at which an 11 year olds teeth grow), we agreed that putting him under a GA is a massive risk and that his chances of surviving the GA is marginally higher than him...
  3. C

Thank-you! I've weighed Biscuit tonight and it is clear that something HAS to be done. He's been eating greens but not touching his pellets for 2 days. Tonight I opted to mush his food and mixed in a little bit of grated carrot. Thankfully he has eaten a fair bit of that, so will do him some...
  4. C

Hi all! I may not visit the site or post often but I always know where to come for the best advice! A bit of background: Biscuit will be 12 at the end of this month. He has always been a lovely, sweet, healthy bunny but has had some health issues this year, tear duct issues related to the...
  5. C

My Beautiful Brie - 30/01/2018

Absolutely heartbroken. My beautiful Brie made her journey over the Rainbow Bridge in the early hours of this morning. I had taken her to the vet yesterday afternoon, due to weight loss and general lethargy. I had taken her home to chat over the decision of doing tests that I didn't think she...
  6. C

I'm not saying my bunnies are spoiled....

I adore bunnies in a bucket! We used to grow veg in various buckets at our old house and one of rainbow bridge bunnies was ALWAYS in a bucket. Now I sometimes see one of them in the wheelbarrow or in the summer in one of the camping chairs - anything that they can be on or in is fair game!
  7. C

I'm not saying my bunnies are spoiled....

But clearly they are (or maybe I am crazy?!) I started with a small task in mind, re-felting their shed roof. This ended in a massive garden tidy up and overhaul to include a bunny play zone -featuring a tunnel/warren, and upper level climbing area & salad bar (Full of herbs and rabbit friendly...
  8. C

Biscuit turned 11 this week!

It was a bit of a natural progression over the years. He's deaf as a post now so no need to unlop his ears! Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  9. C

I don't think we are doing anything out of the ordinary. We have always let the bunnies free range during the day (they live outdoors), so most of their diet is made of grass, leaves, tree/branch bark . We let them dig, we used to only let them get so far before refilling but then they dug...
  10. C

Our gorgeous gentle boy turned 11 on Halloween. We've had him in our lives ever since he was a 16 week old ball of fluff and I just can't imagine our family life without him. Thankfully I had them at the vet for the RHD2 on Wednesday and the vet heath checked him for me and he is in perfect...
  11. C

My beautiful boy is 10 today!

I did make them! The pumpkin was actually based off a wall stencil. The cakes took a few hours this afternoon. One of Biscuits favourite things to do is dig, so the digging bunny cakes are very appropriate!
  12. C

My beautiful boy is 10 today!

Today we are celebrating Biscuit's 10th birthday!! I carved him a pumpkin which will be a nice treat at bedtime and baked some fairy cakes for the human members of the family! The fondant bunnies are so cute I am not sure I can bring myself to eat them! We managed to bring Biscuit in for a...
  13. C

Floki the wild baby rabbit

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear about the passing of Floki Jon. I don't check in often but I did always check for new updates on her. Bunny free over the rainbow bridge sweet girl 💔 Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  14. C

Ragnar the Wild Bunny

Floki is gorgeous as always. Fingers crossed for the baby bunny
  15. C

Vibes needed for little stray bunny

Healing vibes for Chive xx
  16. C

Nothing cuter than a row of sleepy bunnies!

2 boys and a girl. The original bonded pair was between the bunny on the left (boy) and right (girl). Smokey (in the middle) was found as a stray, neutered and 3 months later we started bonding him with the others in what turned out to be the loooong game!. That was just over a year ago and...
  17. C

Nothing cuter than a row of sleepy bunnies!

I can't tell you all how much I love seeing these 3 snuggled up. :love: It was not the easiest of bonds and during the day they tend to keep to themselves or it is a pair and an odd one. This is how I find them most mornings but they are usually on the move as soon as they know I have...
  18. C

For Becky86 & the Walsall RCPCA fosterer's - the story of Brie (Pic heavy!)

I had logged on to the forums last night looking for a thread using Brie's name in the search and came across her original thread in the Rabbits in Need section. We feel like Brie has always been here with us, so we tend to forget she had a pretty terrible start to life...
  19. C

Bunny boarding that can take a trio?

Oddity - the problem with pet sitters isn't giving them a key, but the fact that they usually only come once a day, maybe twice if that's what you pay for and only long enough to feed/water/clean. If/when a rabbit takes ill, they hide it well and go down hill so fast, I would rather they had...
  20. C

Bunny boarding that can take a trio?

Thanks Tracey. I'll certainly keep you in mind if I can't find somewhere closer
Back