• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. K

Warning over Flystrike, feel so sick

This will be my last post on RU. I thought I was a good rabbit owner but I'm not. Over the summer I have struggled more and more with my rabbit's mucky bottom, taken her to the vets countless times to be shaved and tried to clean her myself but each time her skin was so thin I've cut it and...
  2. K

Can Single Rabbits Be Happy??

If you have a single, happy rabbit please post your photos and thoughts about singledom. The reason I'm asking is that I lost MJ, my male bun, last week. Prior to MJ and Opal, I had MJ and Pippa and after seeing bunnies all cuddled up and grooming each other I said I would never have a...
  3. K

Goodnight to MJ

I haven't posted on here for ages, but I wanted to post my tribute here to my beautiful bunny, MJ, who I adopted from Kay at Bunnyhops some years ago now. MJ had been handed in to Kay and was being fostered by Karen at her house when I took my bunny Pippa to meet him. They bonded instantly...
  4. K

Help/Opinions please

:wave: I've not been on RU for a long time but hopefully some of the older members remember me. I have MJ and Opal, both adopted from Kayj's rescue. I've pm'd Kay for advice but in the meantime thought I'd throw it open to the wider forum. MJ isn't very well, he's been slowly (very...
  5. K

Messy bum advice

:wave: Hi I haven't been on RU for quite a while but I hope some of you remember me and can help me with my bunny problems. I have had a nightmare trying to keep both MJ and Opal clean over the past 6 months, Opal ends up with a large lump of solid poo stuck to her which I snip off and MJ...
  6. K

Gosh it was cold last night...

... and as usual my rabbits spent the night in their run (they have 24/7 access). My husband went out last night to feed them and came in worried as it was so cold outside (icy this morning). I'm off to B&Q today for tarpaulin and have dug out an old blanket, to make some extra warmth covering...
  7. K

Why Do Vaccinated Buns Get Myxi?

I'm curious with more cases coming up as to why vaccinated rabbits still get myxi?? Is the vaccine not as effective as it should be? My rabbit MJ is overdue for his, but due to a problem with his general health, snuffles, and messy bum, the vet recommended leaving it for now. But obviously...
  8. K

Bum Washing?

I'm sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but I've search and searched and not found anything. MJ has had a problem with a mucky bum over the summer. I had his bum shaved at the vets, and have reduced greens and pellets and his poo-pellets have improved. However he is left with quite a...
  9. K

MJ & Opal today

Finally a lull in the rain, so out come my bunnies :love: And one of their home, uncovered at last!!!!
  10. K

Frequency of Vaccinations - question

MJ is due his myxi and vhd in July and Aug respectively Opal last had her myxi and vhd in Nov last year I'd really like to be able to get them together ideally so I don't have to stress them by taking them to the vets more than necessary I know it's not a problem for Opal to have a myxi...
  11. K

Making an Access Door - Help Please!!

I have a Happy Hutch over run and am thinking of making an access door in the end panel of the run to allow the buns to access the grass run which I'm going to make for summer. Being a DIY novice, can anyone give me advice on how to make an access door in a panel which is already meshed etc...
  12. K

Folding runs - recommendations

Can anyone recommend a good folding run for the summer weather? I've looked on ebay but not many of them are tall enough imo. I want a wooden one with a lid, I have a pws run which is great but I daren't take my eyes off them for a minute in case they escape or worse something attacks them...
  13. K

Pair of Giant French lops on RRehome

Just noticed this (only browsing!!) if anyone is looking for a large pair, they sound lovely http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=11169
  14. K

MJ and Opal

Introducing Opal :love: "Groom me" demands MJ "Come on love, it's not that far down" "Maybe I'll go this way down"
  15. K

MJ's on his bunnymoon

I took MJ today to Bunnyhops where he met a beautiful blue doe :love: After a hard hour's work disinfecting and cleaning they are now in their new home together. Fingers crossed for a trouble free bunnymoon and that love develops for them. The bonding was straightforward, no aggression, bit...
  16. K

EC??

As some of you might have read I had to have Pippa pts last night. Reading the forum this morning and in particular this thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=112153&highlight=Head+tilt&page=2 I'm wondering if the vet misdiagnosed her :( All the symptoms were there that are...
  17. K

Pippa

I'm sitting here in shock so forgive me if I don't make a lot of sense. I went out to give the buns their greens tonight and Pippa was lying on her side obviously poorly. She had been 'apparently' fine this morning. I rushed her to the vets who could see haemorrhaging at the back of her eyes...
  18. K

Any Rescue Want a Hutch??

I have a spare 6ft Happy Hutch over run. Kayj was going to come and collect it but David's so busy he's not been able to come and it's sitting on my driveway in the rain and I'm worried it's going to rot away and be of no use to anyone. I don't have a car big enough but if you do and would...
  19. K

Bad Storybook

My son has just brought his reading book home entitled "The Terrible Power of House Rabbit" by Susan Gates. The basic story is that someone in the family is allergic to shavings and straw so can't have a rabbit until dad hits on the idea of a house rabbit (which of course doesn't need hay)...
  20. K

Why doesn't anyone care??

I've printed some of the rabbit rehome posters off and am in the process of finding places to put them. I went into our local cafe and asked the lady if I could put one up. She said I could, no problem, but everyone listening just laughed about the problem, no-one seems to give a damn that all...
Back