• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. A

Quick thank you to you all

Hi all, Just wanted to thank you for all your lovely replies since I lost Smudge suddenly last week after her spay. I hadn't got round to being on the forum much as I have a 19 month old daughter. We rehomed smudge from a friend who bought three females from a big high street pet shop (you can...
  2. A

Post spay help

Hi my three year old doe was spayed earlier today, I had other females spayed but she really doesn't seem to be coping too well. She had pain killers and isn't due more till the morning. She had gut stimulant before op and again when I got home. She's very sleepy still and won't hop around...
  3. A

Dental bunny difficult eater!

Hi I rehomed my 8month old nethie Gimli three months ago. When he was neutered I got the vets to check his teeth and they found his incisors were misaligned. Since then they were trimmed and burred at an increasingly short rate. His last visit was about three wks ago and they need doing again...
  4. A

Stasis Question

Hi To start from the beginning, Wednesday evening OScar wasn't interested in his pellets (very unlike him) so brought him in and tried to tempt him with his favs like apple and dandelion he wouldn't take any. I was all set to take him to the emergancy vet when he pooped and started to eat...
  5. A

Help Quickly Please

Hiya, I've got nother thread about Oscar being treated for EC, he seemed much better yesterday after starting the meds on Friday, today he's much worse can't walk at all and getting stressed how long does it take for them to pick up or should this be the time to call the vet! Any help please...
  6. A

Metacam dosage??!!

Hi, Went out to feed my bunnies last nite and found Oscar had lost all co-ordination and balance. So took him to vets this morning and they have started him for treatment for EC, so I have Panacur for 28 days for him and also Pippa his wifey. They also gave me so Metacam and said between 5-7kg...
  7. A

Over loving husbunny!

Hi, Oscar and Pippa have been successful bonded for about 6months now and adore each other. Pippa is extremely fluffy and Oscar does his best to wash her but he seems to now only concentrate around her eyes, now there's no fur there!. Has anyone else had this before? If so what did u do? I am...
  8. A

Rabbit Insurance

I have 5 rabbits and after a weekend of vet trips with my hamster i'm thinking rabbit insurance might be a very good idea. I can't seem to do an online quote anwhere to see how much i'd be paying a month for 5 rabbits does anyone happen to know if you get a discount or is it about £10 per...
  9. A

Rabbit Syphalis?

Hi my sister's rabbit has beendiagnosed with syphalis she is getting antibiotics - is this a common disease? Thanks I'd never heard of it before!
  10. A

Fifi & Ralph

We finally have photo's of Ralph with his newish girlfriend Fifi. Sorry its taken so long Jill. Fifi and a very happy Ralph. Fifi Ralph showing how cute he is. And little Fifi very cute and enjoying her carrot.
  11. A

Hay in Reading Area?

Does anyone know of a farm near Reading that sells hay, I can't find anywhere and pet shop stuff is expensive and not very nice smelling? Help anyone?
  12. A

What else can I do?

I went into a pet shop today near Reading (***************) I was shocked to find there was no hay in for any of the rabbits, so I went and said to the woman that there was no hay. Well the answer I got was "Of course not they only get a handfull a day!" she was so rude!! I then said but a...
  13. A

Do you up the pellets in winter?

Hi Just a quick question do any of you up the amount of pellets for your bunnies in winter. Mine get SS and handful in evenings I was wondering if this was too little. They obviously have loads of hay! And most days get some form of fresh stuff. Thanks
  14. A

Really confused can anyone shed any light?

On saturday morning my sister found one of herrabbits (Charlie) with bloat (he'd had it before). He was not tempted with anything so he was rushed to the vets. They were kept waiting in reception for ages, even after my mum said to the receptionist its an emergency. Eventually they saw him then...
  15. A

Can anything be done about this!

Looking on ebay for a new hutch and came across this ad - I think its terrible only 4 months old!!!! Is there anything we can do? Hopefully the link will work - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-tier-rabbit-hutch-4-months-old_W0QQitemZ190132557105QQihZ009QQcategoryZ63513QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  16. A

Worried about Oscar

I was away on holiday for a week and my Mum came and stayed to rabbit sit for me. A few days before Oscar had to have his ears checked as he was flicking them alot, was given drops for this. So my mum had to put a drop down each ear for a week. When I got back he was not his normal self at all...
  17. A

Another bonding question sorry!

Way back in Feburary my 3 neutered bunnies, Millie, Daughter Khyber and son Billy were bonded together all went really well and there have been no problems till now. I think it's down to dominance but i'm worries about Khyber as sometimes she is chased by both of the other two and humped...
  18. A

Could it be mites?

Hi I'veneverhad a rabbit with earmites before so i'm ntsure if Oscar has them I have him booked in to see the vet later in the week. He started over the weekend shaking his ears I thought he'd got a bit of hay down it but when I looked his ears are totally clear of anything dodgy. So could this...
  19. A

Strange male behaviour!

Hi Last night Oscar (2yr old unneutered male) was gathering hay in his mouth (it was a good handful size) and moved it into his bed. Then at 3am this morning he started to stamp so outside I went and I found him petrified and fur everywhere can't work out whether it was cat fur or his and he was...
  20. A

Sorry its a guinea pig question?

I thinking of maybe getting a couple of guinea pigs but how do you look after them?? How do they differ in requirements to rabbits?
Back