• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. jay

Research for national rabbit event

I have been to the Burgess Small Animal Pet Show at Harrogate. It was awful. One breeder told me she puts the babies she doesn't think are show suitable in the freezer. I left promptly after that.
  2. jay

Spenser is not pleased ...

Benny is overweight too. I have to feed Ruby separately as she has been ill and is underweight. Ruby gets nice pellets and lots of them. Benny gets a few diet pellets. Benny has developed a line in seething looks. Benny would love a chat with Spencer. He has designs on escaping to pets at home...
  3. jay

Helicopter rabbits

Ruby sometimes helicopters - despite being an up ear bunny. It's caused by stress in her case - the vet can find no physical reason but twice now it's happened. She is helicopter at the moment as she is recovering from E Cuniculi - it's been about 6 weeks so far. Last time she jumped from my...
  4. jay

Nail cutting

I'm going to have to book mine in for a nurse/vet to do it. Ruby and Ben have black nails as I always catch the quick on at least one nail. With Tink I wrap him and then it's a two person job - one holds, one grab a paw and cuts. He's generally ok and not too wriggly. You can usually see the...
  5. jay

Has 'Easter Dumping Season' started? :(

Ruby was a Christmas dump - she was left in a box outside pets at home at the end of January!
  6. jay

Bonded buns, thanks mightymax

6 days is a long bond - I hope they are really happy together. I was once told if they ever look like they might start fighting again take them for a drive in a carrier together. I've never had to but it you have any problems and try this I'd be interested to know if it works.
  7. jay

Unwanted rabbit (in the beggining)

Bunnies are a real handful - I can't believe they are sold in pet shops as a "child's easy pet". But like you I could never be without one. They are funny and naughty and so cute.
  8. jay

If you were a bunny where would you lay down in hot weather...

...would you choose some shade in your run through which a cool breeze is blowing? Nope. Would you choose next to your playhouse door where you human has rigged some wire so some cooler air can get in? Nope. Would you lay on/near the nice cold water bottle frozen for your comfort in this...
  9. jay

How do give medication into your buns? Can I give it on food?

I've had a very poorly Ruby for the last month who has had to be separated from her partner, Benny. She has been on panacur and has made a fantastic recovery. Before I put her back with Benny I have to start him on a preventative course. This will not be easy. Ruby is easy going and I just...
  10. jay

Help and Ideas for our new outdoor enclosure and playhouse please, love Ben and Roo!

Good morning everybunny! We've had a long winter in our enclosure in the humans garage but it's nearly spring and we need to get out in the sunshine again and get some exercise (we may have put on a little extra holiday weight as we have perfected cute begging faces our human can't resist -...
  11. jay

Has anyone used pannels like this for an indoor bunny?

I'm thinking about getting these Easipet metal dog run panels for my newest addition. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Easipet-Metal-drop-small-24inches/dp/B004D9QACQ/ref=sr_1_5?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1483539747&sr=1-5&keywords=runhttp:// Has anyone used them before?
  12. jay

Damp hutch - suggestions needed!

My two are in the garage over winter in an enclosure. Although I have a rug over the floor the hay gets damp. This doesn't seem to bother them at all. I do change it regularly and put their towels in the dryer if really cold and pop them in for the buns to sit on but they don't seem bothered. I...
  13. jay

binkys on command

Ahhh...what lovely bunnies. Just proves that bunnies are a lot clever than most people think!
  14. jay

What to do now (Autumn)

Before she retired Frances Harcourt Brown was my bunny vet. I once asked her about whether to keep Dylan as a single house bun or get another. She said she would love a single house bun if it was her - company is company whether human or bun. So...coming from the expert I have changed my...
  15. jay

Something to make every bun smile

Ahhhhh sooo sweet! I'm so jealous. Benny and Ruby are just too destructive to have in the house so they are in a pen in the garage. Miss them xx
  16. jay

Cute Buns..........

Ahhhhh!
  17. jay

Hawthorn = Happiness *pic heavy*

You have gorgeous bunnies!
  18. jay

I finally did it!

I once caught the quick on Ruby's nail. It bleed an awful lot and I felt awful. Didn't seem to bother her at all though. With two pairs of black nails to do I do it just a little bit and very regularly.
  19. jay

My Fluffers

Gorgeous little fluffs!!!
  20. jay

A post from two very annoyed bunnies....help us!

She's left the garage door open in the hope we'll go out but we've retreated to our enclosure and are hiding in the hay. She'll never find us here. We are keeping our eye on the back door, as soon as she opens it we'll be in to raid the bin again...we know for a fact there are banana skins and...
Back