• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. H

Website I've put together for a rescue

Hi all I've not posted for a long time, I thought I would post a link to the website I've put together for Southampton Rabbit Rescue. I am going to try and keep it up to date for them Please leave a note on the guestbook so we know you have dropped by :D Lots of bunny hugs Hells x...
  2. H

Indoor setups - reducing noise

Mine were making such a noise I bought them a playhouse and they are now outside :lol:
  3. H

Peanut is not well...

We have poo :D
  4. H

Peanut is not well...

Thanks Alison and Jane I've just bought the indoor cage in from the garage and set that up in the kitchen, I have carefully counted out 6 SS pellets, a handful of hay and a bowl of water... he has had a little drink and a small bite of hay... The vet asked me to call again in an hour or so...
  5. H

Peanut is not well...

I've got some metacam - it is bottle I've had about 6 months (when he reacted badly to his hvd jab), is it worth giving some of that?
  6. H

Peanut is not well...

Thanks for your reply Jane. I have just bought him in from the shed into the kitchen so I can observe him. There is hardly any poo and I cannot tempt him to eat. He didn't struggle when I picked him up, which is not him at all. I don't have any infacol... I'm going to call the vet now and...
  7. H

Peanut is not well...

... little Peanut is not himself at all today. He ate his pellets and carrot and cabbage first thing but since about 11am he has just been sat in his litter tray. I've checked him over and cannot see anything, not quite sure what I can do if anything, I just have this feeling that he is not...
  8. H

How long have you left your buns for?

Whereabouts in hampshire are you? I might be able to pop in for you if you are not too far??? x
  9. H

Foster parents required urgently

Hi all There are 2 single male bunnies, one is called Lemon and he is a standard rex, the other is called Nemo and he is a silver fox. They are both big bunnies. I haven't seen them but will be going to Sue's this weekend to help out where I can. x
  10. H

Where do you get your bunny from?

Poppit and Peanut were from a family members unplanned litter. Violet and Winston were from the freeadds. x
  11. H

Going back outside

It is not that cold yet, I reckon he'll be fine with plenty of hay and straw to snuggle up in if he wants to. BTW, I've not heard otf having the stiches out before? Neither of my boys had to, is there different kinds of operation then?
  12. H

walk in runs

WOW! Where did you get that???
  13. H

a bit shocked by this ..

I'm not shocked, I'm just dismayed ...
  14. H

New bunny shed!!

Come on Suzanne, where did you get it from? I might like to put it on my bunny wish list for next summer!
  15. H

I wish I hadn't made an impulse purchase

Thanks for the advice everyone :D They have a wooden box with holes each side that they love climbing in and on, last night I took a hand towel and folded it on top the box to sit on - perfect! It was comfy and it didn't collapse, they were all climbing up my legs as if to say, oi, that's...
  16. H

I wish I hadn't made an impulse purchase

Just need to get this off my chest... I needed to move my bunnies outdoors so bought a 5 x 5 playhouse which is great, the 4 bunsters love it :) BUT, I cannot stand up inside and feeding and cleaning every day is a real chore and I come out with back ache :cry: I can cope now but I'm...
  17. H

Rabbit intellegence. How much do they understand?

If any of mine are doing something naughty or dangerous I just stamp my foot hard on the floor, they think I am another bunny warning them of danger and they stop whatever they were doing straight away :) x
  18. H

Simply Grass?

I've had a similar problem before, I bought a new bag of hay (same one as I always buy) and the bunnies have refused to eat any of it. They normally much away quite happily. I went out and bought another bag and they tucked in straight away... Very weird but maybe bunnies just have a sense...
  19. H

thinking about getting one more bunny

Hi :) I tried to introduce Violet to my bonded pair, Poppit and Peanut. Poppit chased and bit her and subsequent introductions didn't go well either. That scuppered my plans as I had an indoor set up OK for 3! I have since found Violet her own man, Winston (free on the freeadds) so now I...
  20. H

bunny couples

Violet & Winston (mini rex)
Back