• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. J

Dandelion leaves

Could i freeze dandelion leaves so they could be used all year round. i'm only wondering cos cerys has been poorly with her teeth and they are the only yhing i was able to tempt her with, dont know what i would of done if it was winter
  2. J

Vibes for Cerys

Cerys has been in to the vet today to have her teeth done, she had a couple of small spurs on her molars and it was enough to put her off her food. she is back home now but is a bit groggy still poor baby
  3. J

cutting nails

how often do you cut your rabbits nails. i have just had to cut cerys nails for the first time, but i have only ever had to cut willows once (about 18months ago) and they are still fine. they both live outside and their run is on concrete so i presume that helps to keep them short
  4. J

willow is poorly- U/D sat seems a lot better

went to the vets yesterday for the bunnies vhd jabs, all went fine both had a health check etc, then this morning willow was lethargic and would not eat anything. took him back to the vets who gave him some injections and he stayed there for the day having syringe feeds and was put on a drip to...
  5. J

Where to buy a new run

i need to buy a new run in the near future cos mine is starting to look a bit worse for wear. just wondered if anyone knew where i could get a decent one from online. building my own is definately not an option:lol:
  6. J

Cerys is having another dental

I've just dropped cerys off at the vets for a dental. the first one she had was the middle of february:(. she stopped eating on saturday evening so i took her to the emergency vets who gave her metaclopramide and metacam and said she could see a little redness in her mouth. took her back to my...
  7. J

cleaning paving slabs

What do you guys use to clean concrete paving slabs. i dont want to use anything harsh as the run is situated on the them.trouble is some or them are starting to look a bit greeny coloured and i want to clean them
  8. J

Cerys not eating/U/D dental on tues

Got up this morning to find Cerys not eating and sitting hutched up in the corner, i gave her some infacol and tummy rubs but she didint seem to improve. we have been to the emergency vets who seemed really knowledgable she has had metaclopramide and metacam injections and i have been given...
  9. J

Cerys not eating

Cerys would not eat her breakfast this morning and was all hunched up in the corner:cry:she wouldnt eat any of her fave stuff either her tummy didnt seem hard so i gave her some infacol and chased her around the garden for an hour. she seems to have picked up a bit now and has eaten a few small...
  10. J

no hay

ive been to jolleys this afternoon and there is no hay. the manager says they will not be getting any in until next thurs or fri:shock:really hope what i have got lasts. anyone know where to get some hay in the manchester area-dont really want to buy online cos in will probably take just as...
  11. J

hutch insulation

just wondered how people keep their bunnies warm in hte winter time. i usually cover the top back and sides of the hutch with an old duvet, than cover the top back and sides with a large tarpoline. on the front i have a blanket and a shower curtain. what methods do everyone else use
  12. J

Giant bunnies

How much space would people reccommend for a giant pair of house buns. my local rescue have a couple in and i am very tempted. i would want them to be free range but they would have to be confined to 1 room for the majority of the day whilst i was at work.
  13. J

Bunnies going on holiday

Willow and cerys are off on their holidays tomorrow:( They are going to kays for a few days so i know they will be well looked after, i have packed a box full of toys etc just hope kay doesnt think im too mad:lol:
  14. J

Willow is poorly UPDATE

My poor baby is not well. he would not touch any food this morning so i took him to the vet who gave him an injection and has been seringe feeding every hour, they say he seems bright but still no poos :cry: ive got to phone back at 5.30 to see how he is
  15. J

excel forage

my bunies have just discovered excel forage and absolutely love it. i just wondered if there is any limit to how much it is safe to feed a day. should it be limited to jasut a couple of handfuls or can in be fed ad-lib thanks
  16. J

Bradford rabbit show

i was thinking of going to this in january but i have no idea what to expect just wondered what goes on at these things, do you get to see rabbit judging, do they have stall selling food/toys etc what goes on
  17. J

excess caecotrophs

i got up this morning to find quite a few excess caecotrophs in the hutch, so at this stage unsure who the culprit is. they get a small handful of excel ,plenty of hay, and veg. the veg was rocket watercress and celery. i know some people have similar problems with excel but mine have always...
  18. J

Cerys-new bun

shes been here for about 2 weeks now so i thought it was about time i introduced her :love: This is Cerys She is constantly upto mischief :roll: :lol: And lastly here she is with Willow
  19. J

getting a bunny!!!!!!!

only a couple of days and then willow is going to the rescue to meet a little lady friend , im so excited :D if they dont hate each other i pick her up on thursday and start bonding
  20. J

anymore hay

the hay experts are a dream come true for willow please please i want more please excuse the mess and the 'wizard of oz shoes':oops:
Back