• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. N

Neutering very very tiny bunnies?

Hello :wave:, I have the most tiny little netherland dwarf bunny, called Peanut. He is absolutely adorable and extremely weeny. He has never grown very much at all and is the smallest adult bun I've ever seen. I'm very apprehesive about neutering him as he is soooo tiny. Apart from the not...
  2. N

Worried about rabbit.

I went to see a german lop that was advertised for sale at the weekend. The woman told me he had been dumped on a friend of hers (whom breeds rabbits) doorstep sometime last year. Apparently, he was skin and bone and close to death. The lady who has him now also breeds rabbits on a small scale...
  3. N

Best conditions for respiratory buns? Central heating?

Hello:wave: Please can you advise me? My Herman bunsters respiratory problems have flared up badly again. Please can you tell me what the best conditions for him to be living in are to aid his breathing? He is indoors and I have the heating on for him. I keep it between two and three, so it's...
  4. N

Best Hay online?

I'm having trouble finding decent hay locally and wondered what the best hay is available online? Any suggestions and opinions gratefully received. Nicola x
  5. N

Bales of hay in Plymouth area?

Hello, Just wondered if anyone knew of any places in the Plymouth area I can buy decent bales of hay? I usually buy my bales from an equestrian shop in Colebrook, Plympton, but it's very bad quality at the moment. Brown, hard n full of sticks and brambles. Does anyone know where I can buy...
  6. N

Sub cut/ IV fluids-best place to buy?

Hi all, I like to have a bag of sub cut/IV fluids in the cupboard in case of emergencies. I currently buy mine from my Vet at £13 a go. Just wondered if there was a more economical way of buying online etc? Best wishes, Nicola x
  7. N

Duphapen Strep..doseage?

Hello friends :wave:, Could anybody tell me what the doseage for Duphapen Strep is per kilo weight of bunny, in the treatment of pasteurella please? Lots of love, Nicola and Herman x x x
  8. N

Depocillin and Penstrep..what's the difference?

Hello, Sorry to annoy you all.....:oops: I just wondered if anyone could tell me what the difference is between Penstrep and Depocillin antibiotics? I've looked them both up and they're both procaine penicillin. Looks like Penstrep contains 200,000 iu of Procaine Penicillin per ml and...
  9. N

Hermans snuffles still bad..advise please?

Hello, I need to speak to my vet again today as my german lop, Herman bunny, who's suffering from snuffles doesn't seem to be showing a huge improvement with the use of Terramycin LA. He's been on it since July 7th and yesterday his breathing was still bad. He almost snorts when he eats. One...
  10. N

Snuffles/Pasteurella..most effective antibiotic?

Hello, My Herman Bunster is suffering from snuffles/pasteurella at the moment. He's previously been prescribed injectable marbocyl. Is there a more effective antibiotic that can be used to treat snuffles...? I know marbocyl is used for respiratory infections. Any info/advice much appreciated...
  11. N

Herman Bunster.......

After reading Janes thread...."For anyone feeling : (" ...thought I'd post some pics of my Herman Bunster... Hermie always manages to put a smile on my face : ) Nicola x x x
  12. N

hand rearing baby wildie-advice please x..V sad update...please can you shed light?

Hello friends. I received a phone call from a local vet practice yesterday asking if I would take in a baby wildie that needs hand rearing. The girl I spoke to thinks he's about 3 weeks old. She fed him a little goats milk last night and he was seen to lap some water from a bowl yesterday...
  13. N

Transport-Berkshire to Plymouth please.....x

Hello lovely friends:wave: Please can anybody help transport a bunny from Berkshire to Plymouth...? He'll be coming from Bracknell in Berkshire to Plymouth, Devon. Any offers of help are greatly appreciated. Lots of love, Nicola x x x
  14. N

Bunnyrun request Plymouth- Northampton

Hello fwiends, Can anyone help with a bunnyrun to get two gorgeous little mini rex brothers from Plymouth to their new home in Northampton? Any offers of help gratefully received. My phone number is 07759 530061. Thank you!!! Nicola x x x
  15. N

Does Ivermectin kill fleas?

My vet gave me xeno 450 to treat fleas on my bun but I'm wondering whether it will be effective or if I need to buy something else? Thank you, Nicola and Harvey x x x
  16. N

Is Xeno 450 effective against fleas?

Hi friends, My indoor bunny has fleas. I mentioned this to one of the vets when I took the buns in and they gave me some Xeno 450 to treat them. Is the xeno 450 effective against fleas or only mites? Thank you, Nicola and Harvey xxx
  17. N

Treatment of urinary infections?

Hi friends :wave: Please could you tell me what the usual treatment is for a urinary tract infection? I have sent a urine sample off this morning but I know that very often the test doesn't always show up the bacteria even if there is a bacterial infection. The sample that I managed to get was...
  18. N

Beaphar Xtra Vital rabbit food

Has anybody tried this with thier bunnies? The full name of the food is Beaphar Xtra Vital Care Plus. It's a complete food. I bought a small bag of it at a local shop the other day with the intention of giving Harvey some but wondered if anybody on here has used it with their buns and if it's...
  19. N

Signs of a urinary infection?

Hello friends :wave: (Have changed title of post in the hope somebody will reply) My little boy hasn't been 100% of late. He has had his teeth checked but I'm going to get some x-rays done of his tooth roots when he has his next dental and check there is nothing going on there. When I got home...
  20. N

Desperately want April 07 Bunny Mad Mag.....

Hi Friends :wave: I would really like to get hold of a copy of last April 2007s edition of Bunny Mad Magazine. It featured my beautiful boy although I have never seen it. I was intending to buy a copy last year but my beloved border collie, Millie, became ill very suddenly and subsequently died...
Back