• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. A

I think I'm starting to hate my rabbits

Why can't rabbits just get along. I've been trying to get 3 neutered males bonded for nearly 3 months now. The oldest one - he is 6 - has turned into a bully. Although he is the smallest, he lives with one of the 2 younger ones and intimidates him all the time. The bigger one can only eat...
  2. A

Bitten ear

One of my rabbits has just bitten a huge piece out of the other's ear. It didn't bleed very much. Should I just leave it alone or should I do something about it. We're trying to bond the 2 of them (again)
  3. A

Do anyone else's rabbits ignore them

I have 2 houserabbits, they used to live in the living room with us, but took themselves off upstairs and picked a room they'd like to live in. They chose the biggest bedroom which we turned into their room. For a time the little one used to come down and see us, but he's stopped doing it now...
  4. A

Seeds

Can I feed my rabbits sunflower and pumpkin seeds?
  5. A

Wondering what to do

My buns, housebunies with their own room, get irregular very short doses of snuffles. If we leave too much hay down they start, if the room gets stuffy, it's more like allergies - to hay unfortunately. Last time they were at the vets they ended up going alternate days for over 3 weeks for...
  6. A

Clever rabbits

We went out for the day on Friday and didn't get home until way past the buns tea time. I was worried about this, much to everyone else's amusement :oops: Anyway when we got home I rushed upstairs to the bunnies room to feed them, only to find that they had opened their box of food themselves...
  7. A

Lazy, Lazy Rabbit

Following an article I read I've started scattering the rabbits' pellets around their room - probably over a 10 foot square space. I know that they both suffer from intermittent snuffles but, my large bun Tish would rather go hungry than have to move around for her pellets. I was worried...
  8. A

Some pictures of Tish & Tosh

This is Tish. She's 11 months old and hates people And Tosh doing his strongman trick - he's nearly 3 and - of course - a Netherland Dwarf We have a wire cage, unfolded, in the rabbit room - not to keep them in, but to stop them from jumping onto the village (Tish ate all the trees and...
  9. A

Foraging for food

I read in a magazine (Yours, I think) that rabbits spend 70 - 80 percent of their time in the wild foraging for food and that rather than feeding them in a dish, food should be scattered in their hay, making them work for it. Does anyone do this? I've been doing it this week and my two...
  10. A

My pledge to Myrtle

All this to do with Myrtle - and many other rabbits - is why I only have 2. I have room for more and would love to have a house full. Every time I see a rabbit on preloved, free ads or freecycle, I want to take it and give it a good home. My rabbits are so independent and spend all their time...
  11. A

Myxi from hay?

I only get my buns vaccinated once a year as we are in a very low risk area, but I suddenly thought about the hay I buy. I bought my recent lot from the dust free hay company, I don't know whether the area they grow their hay in has myxi or not so my question is: Could my rabbits get myxi from...
  12. A

Pet carrier

I have a dwarf lop, who hates being touched, and a nethie who is okay to deal with. In the past - the lop was only a juvenile - I've used one of those cardboard carriers to take them to the vets. She is now too big for this, plus I'd like a front opening carrier that she can go into without...
  13. A

How did you name your bun(s)?

I strted with Tosh who is a Netherland Dwarf and somehow ended up being named after a Japanese film star Toshiro Mifune - as he was funny so he became Tosh me funny! Then Rachel/Jess I got from Elaine in Tameside and she just became big bun - she wanted nothing to do with anyone and just sat...
  14. A

Rabbit v dogs

I've heard recently of a couple of free ads where people have advertised rabbits as 'not bothered if you want them for the pot' either stated or intimated. Could you imagine if someone put on a nice fluffy puppy and put 'not bothered if you want to turn them into fur coats'. There would be an...
  15. A

RWAF complaint request

The RWAF has received several complaints from members regarding an article that appeared on CBBC's Newround regarding a German Giant rabbit called Rudi. While the good news is that Rudi, who was destined for the pot has now been saved due to his brush with fame, the bad news is that there is an...
  16. A

Freecycle cafe and rabbits

My local, Oldham, Freecycle cafe has had a request from someone whose rabbit has had babies, asking if anyone knows of a local pet shop that will take the babies as 'this time' she is struggling to find homes for them. She sas that she usually manages to find homes for them all. This sounds to...
  17. A

Could I smell funny to rabbits?

Bit of a strange question I know ;) The thing is we have had 2 female neutered buns. The first, Jess/Rachel hated me and ran away from me. The only time I picked her up with ease was when her legs had given up and she couldn't move - she had to be pts as the vet thought she'd probably had a...
  18. A

Any problem with bunnies always having food

Hi all, Although I've had buns for a couple of years now, I realise just how much I don't know. Thanks to this forum, I'm learning so thank you all:wave: My 2 buns have food down all the time. At one time I discovered that they had eaten into their food bag at the bottom and were helping...
  19. A

Do rabbits need to go outside

I know that rabbits, like humans, need sunshine and my 2 are in a bedroom with a large window - although they seem to like sitting in the darkest area :? - Do they need to go outside? Mine have no access to the outside world. The window is usually open in the room and that's about it. Am I...
  20. A

Shredded paper

Hi again Do you think that paper out of a shredder would be okay in a litter tray. We are moving over from straw and hay - as Tish just clears it out of the tray - and using newspaper and hay. Then my father suggested that the shredded paper could be okay - or to shred the newspaper, which...
Back