• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. M

WANTED! Older buck!

:wave: :wave: :wave: to everyone who remembers me and everyone 'new' too! Our beautiful boy Albert had to be PTS 3 weeks ago (aged 13/14) and he leaves behind Poppy (10 years). We are searching for an older boy for her to bond with but are struggling to find one at an appropriate age (8+). We...
  2. M

Albert

I haven't been on RU for ages so people probably don't remember me, although you may know me from facebook, but sadly we had to put our beautiful Albert to sleep last night. We got Albert and Poppy in 2005 and this forum was invaluable for the first few years of rabbit ownership. I've just...
  3. M

Infected tear duct advice please!

It looks as though Albert has an infected tear duct (clear/white discharge). He's eating normally, pooing normally, moving around normally, doesn't seem to be in any pain. I can't feel any unusual lumps or bumps. But he is 12 years old. I'm going to call the vets this morning to see if I can...
  4. M

Christmas tree...to eat or not to eat??? That is the question!

Do we ban the buns from the room with the Chrimbo tree in it or do we let them nibble the bottom branches???
  5. M

Help!

We've been away for weekend and have come home to a packet of rice on the floor of the rabbits' room. I don't know how much they have eaten. My fiance's parents last came to feed the buns at about 12 today so it's happened fairly recently. They are pooing (white poos) and picking at hay...
  6. M

Mites????

Albert has got a tiny bald patch (about the size of a 5p coin) on his shoulder blades. The skin doesn't look inflamed or irritated at all (no redness), but he does have a touch of dandruff (only small flakes, not large ones like I seem to see on photos when I google rabbit mites). He's VERY...
  7. M

Embarrassing vets story...

We went to the vets for myxi vaccs yesterday and whilst we were there, I told the vet that I had noticed a little lump on Albert's tummy. I'd been keeping my eye on it and it hadn't changed but I wanted the vet to check it out...turns out that it was Albert's nipple that had been concerning...
  8. M

Bulking up an old bun!

Just wanting some advice... Albert is getting on now (about 10 we think) and he is rather skinny. He eats plenty and is a happy and relatively healthy chappy, who I would say is slightly more active now that we have moved (about 6 months ago). His lady friend Poppy is younger (7.5 years)...
  9. M

Crusty red bottom!

I just had a very quick inspection of Poppy's lady bits and I noticed that between her vagina and her tail, she had a red mark (looks like a sore hock almost) and on closer inspection, I can feel that it's a bit scabby and hard under her fur. I've made a vets appointment but can't get one...
  10. M

Older buns

Just wondering whether anyone had any tips on how to keep them as fit, healthy and happy for as long as possible? We had to take Albert (possibly aged 9 or 10 - he's a rescue bun so we don't really know, could be older but probably not too much younger) to the emergency vets last night as he...
  11. M

Diarrhoea...

Just thought I'd share... I had to take Albert to the emergency vets last night as when I got home from work there were piles of poo everywhere...it looked like a dog had had diarrhoea, not a rabbit! There was loads of it! There were a few 'normal' poos too but they were white! Poor Albert...
  12. M

Insurance

I got my renewal form through the post today...aghhhhh! £60 per month! Eeeeeek! So I've gone online and have bought cover for Albert and Poppy (aged 8 and 6 years, 9 months) for just £6 per month with Pets at Home!!! Just thought I'd share the love for those people who are also being robbed...
  13. M

How much do your rabbits weigh?

I was a bit shocked yesterday to find out that Poppy has put on more weight! I haven't changed their diet, she gets the same amount of exercise, Albert hasn't put on/lost any weight...eeek! Perhaps she is just unlucky to have been hit by the fat fairy's wand, like her mummy! Albert is a dwarf...
  14. M

Damp bottom...

I'm a little bit worried and have booked a vets appointment for Saturday anyway but just wondering what you guys think... I noticed that Albert's bottom wasn't entirely clean on Monday, so I got some damp cotton wool and gave him a bit of a wipe, I also cleaned his scent glands and cleaned out...
  15. M

Ill rabbits and work...

What do you do when your rabbits (or any pet for that matter) are ill and you have to go to work? Occasionally my boyfriend has the opportunity to work from home but I'm a teacher so obviously it's out of the question. We've had a shocking weekend as Albert has had GI stasis and he's...
  16. M

Poorly tummy...

Albert was unusually compliant with letting me stroke him today - 25 minutes!!!!!!!!! So I thought there must be something wrong. I can see a few ceacotrophs (how do you spell that word!!!) and he's just generally quiet. He turned his nose up at his usual food (which he normally goes crazy...
  17. M

Poppy's eye...

I'm a bit worried about Poppy's eye... I noticed that it looked a bit odd the other day but then the next day it was fine, then I noticed last night it was looking a bit funny but back to normal today. Now this evening it's happened again. There's no discharge below the eye but the top of it...
  18. M

Rabbit treats - or not! My poor baby!

I saw some 'natural' rabbit treats whilst doing my online shop at tescos so i thought, why ever not, I hardly ever buy them treats! Anyway, I was very excited to present a dandelion and fennel stick to the buns when my shopping arrived today but the bunnies weren't so happy to receive their...
  19. M

What is she doing???

Poppy has always loved jumping on our bed; she jumps up, binkies, jumps off, binkies around the bedroom etc! Anyway, she's recently been jumping on the bed, staying up there for much longer but has started pushing forward on the duvet, almost like she's smoothing it out, then she digs! Odd...
  20. M

Digging solutions...

Just wondering if any of you have any solutions for a house bunny who likes to dig? Albert has just got into digging and has managed to create 2 large holes in my mum's boyfriend's carpet whilst we went on holiday. At home he just goes through cardboard boxes, digging and tearing in them...
Back